Have you told your parents?

Guest Anonymous

Did you tell your parents about your tulpa?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Did you tell your parents about your tulpa?

• No and I'm not planning to do it.
    • No but I'm planning to do it.
    • Yes. (Please report their reaction)

I told my dad first, and he understood. She still comes up in conversation sometimes but there aren't any real conversations about her unless I'm asking about people and general relationship advice. My mom dislikes her and blames her for a lot of the drama I've caused over the years. It may be linked to her, yes, but everything was my choice to put Ayako over the family.

Multiple friends have left me over her (Though it didn't help I was also in acute psychosis at the time trying to tulpaforce obscure concepts bordering delusion), including a recent one who is ironically Wiccan and talks to her god Athena on a regular basis. I told her tulpas are akin to her talking gods and inner spirit animal things, so I showed her the site and she said it was made by a nutjob and defriended me on facebook and cut me off entirely after years of being friends. She then acted ridiculously condescending in addition to acting like she was on a period of a lifetime even after me stating "You know, you're the only one upset here. Just read a couple of the FAQs or the forum."

The intolerance by equally insane people is astounding, hilarious and depressing.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would never tell them. Ever. My mom already constantly suspects me of a thousand things- depression, OCD, ADD, schizoid personality disorder... She thinks every little quirk about me, anything she disagrees with, must be a sign of something wrong.

Me, telling her that I have a sort-of imaginary friend, or that a voice talks to me in my head?

She'd get me on meds faster than legally possible.

:idea:

I told both of my parents and they both wanted to make one. They were very open minded about it and they thought it was an interesting concept so... Yay! Understanding parents FTW!

I told both my parents about Tulpae, and I told them that I had one. My mum was open to the idea and brings it up in conversation sometimes, asking about my progress. My dad was very closed minded about the idea, not that he didn't believe that it was possible, he just thought that it was a bit pathetic that me and so many other people need such a thing as a Tulpa.

I've mentioned the concept of tulpae to my mother, telling her that I read about it in a psychology journal. I did not say that I am in the process of creating one, though.

Tulpa:Chris

Male

Working On:Sentience

Adam's Tulpa Creation Log

Some people blame our generation, but did they ever stop to think who raised us?

My mom might be understanding of it. My dad wouldn't care, but he would tell my mom. Overall, it isn't worth the risk. My life would have to be absolutely perfect for me to even consider talking about tulpae with them.

*word of rather bad advice*

Tell your parents ;D

What are they going to do?

If they are indeed your parents, they will have to accept it.

You cant force "meds" on someone without having genuine proof of insanity.

From A&A

[align=justify]There are 10 kinds of people on earth, those who understand binary and those who do not.

[/align]

You are an outstandingly trustworthy person. 0.0

I'm probably not gonna tell them until I begin my psych class next semester; telling them it was for school.

I just thought of that... How wizard

Tulpa: Adryan Form: Anthro wolf-ish Stage: *sighs loudly*

“Human beings can always be relied on to assert, with vigor, their god-given right to be stupid”

-Dean Koontz

“In the end, I worry that my arrogance shall destroy us all”

-Brandon Sanderson

I told my mom that I'm working on one, as out of the two of my parents, she's the more understanding one. However, that does not mean she's great. Both my parents are christian and fairly conservative (pretty opposite of myself), rather close minded and judgmental (again, unlike me), and tend to refuse to even try to understand the things I say. BUT, she does prefer that I talk to her rather than not, because I usually avoid too much interaction with them. She's not very comfortable with the idea, but doesn't try to stop me or anything. I don't tell my dad much of anything because, well...you'd have to meet him to get it (although from the looks of it, most of you know what I'm talking about). I don't really know how he'd react, but it wouldn't be good. I'd rather not burden him with the fact that I have another person in my head, and I don't want the conflict. However, I did mention tulpae to them both at first and he said he'd heard of them. I kinda left it at that.

I love them because they're my family, but seriously, sometimes I wonder how the hell I could be related to them.

tulpa: Jenna

She's very young, but we're making great process. Getting close to clear communication now (still a ways away from vocality though)!

form: Not 100% yet, but at the moment she's a human girl of about 17 with red hair and a thin build.

I'm crazy excited to hear her first real words in her own voice!