Age and how it relates to your tulpa(s).

DarthNikolai

Which demographic do you fall into?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which demographic do you fall into?

• Age 19-30, Low Maturity
    • Age 19-30, Average Maturity
    • Age 19-30, High Maturity
    • Age 31-50, Low Maturity
    • Age 31-50, Average Maturity
    • Age 31-50, High Maturity
    • Age >50, Low Maturity
    • Age >50, Average Maturity
    • Age >50, High Maturity

I have been wondering for a while about how/if the host's maturity/age is a factor when connecting, communicating, or creating your tulpa. I want to conduct a study to see how this affects hosts, as there are a myriad of different age groups.

Maturity Level:

Low: You seem to be younger at heart than the rest of your age group, sometimes people call you childish

Average: You feel that you fit well with the rest of your age group as far as maturity is concerned

High: You feel like you are a bit older and wiser than your age group.

I want to find out things like:

-Whether age is a factor in your tulpa's form

-Whether age is a factor in your tulpa's personality

-Do they find immature/mature jokes funny?

-Do you find these same jokes funny?

-Does your tulpa "act their age?"

-Do you believe there is a difference in the creation experience in age groups other than your own?

-Do you believe forcing methods are different for different age groups?

-Which age group, if any at all, do you find the most capable to make a tulpa?

-Which age group, if any at all, do you find the most prone to neglect/dissipation?

(More will come as they arise.)

Thank you for your participation. I eagerly await your responses.

Name: Lilith

Form: Human (see profile pic)

Working on: Imposition

Welp, you tell me what my maturity level is and I'll get right back at ya. I guess I can answer shit based on my age at least. I'm 20, gotta put that down somewhere.

- Roswell's form is a middle aged male, humanoid. I guess people like calling him a demon because he has horns.

- As for his personality, well, I guess that's a complex thing but let's try figuring it out. He's pretty polite and kind I suppose, really into second chances. Kind of naïve at points I'd even say. But with me, he's pretty mischievous, but doesn't really want any bad. I think he kinda pretends to be someone he's not with others. Roswell's also a total crybaby and attention whore.

- At first it seemed like Roswell just didn't get jokes at all. Our joke now is that he's autistic. He does get jokes now, but it's pretty hard to say how funny he finds them. Never seen him laugh at a joke like he completely lost it, but he does seem amused often. He does laugh, but that's usually because he's just feeling good. Asking him, he says he finds jokes funny if they're good, immature or mature. He does like bad jokes in a way (apparently immature jokes are classified as "bad" more often than not), but he doesn't laugh at them. He smiles, maybe chuckles.

- I laugh at everything, simple as that. But I think black humor is what I really enjoy, which isn't quite what Roswell's into but man, despite him pretending to be all nice and innocent to others, he is fascinated by these awful things he hears. Very curious. Both of us like schadenfreude, but I guess I'm the one actually laughing at it.

- Well, his form looks pretty old, but he's not even a year old yet. I can see a lot of immaturity and lack of experience in him. He can be calm and polite, and think of others, but then at times he gets really emotional and yeah...

- Probably. We've lived through different periods so those probably affect how we see this thing in the first place.

- Seems more like the forcing methods are different depending on when you found out about tuppers or started forcing. The ones that were made before the community have some pretty funky creation stories, while the ones made after tulpa.info are usually being forced by using the site's guides.

- Young ones might have an easier time fooling themselves, though older ones probably got more patience. Hard to say.

- Probably the young ones, the teens and kids. While I bet they could be excellent hosts and live their life with a tupper as their best friend, I also am thinking there's a lot of these younger forcers who just grow bored of this and just leave their tupper once they're not so new and fun anymore.

I bet overall, people would say Roswell's the more mature of us two. But I'd call bullshit. He acts nice and doesn't tell his feelings of others as readily as I do, but that doesn't mean he doesn't think bad of some people. And when bad shit happens and you need to be calm, he's unable to. As far as I've seen, anyways. I know I've been able to keep my cool in dangerous situations, and I guess I see being able to control your emotions as a bit more mature thing to do than to cry and whine about every little thing if you're not happy.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

They tend to find irony funny the most. It's hard to tell when they laugh, though, because their laughter usually coincides with mine. Aaron likes darker humor, and Syl likes nonsensical humor.

We share similar senses of humor. If it's clever, I will probably find it funny.

Syl is supposed to be around 20. But she has claimed to be ageless. She mostly acts 20, but has moments where she is very wise.

Aaron hasn't stated his percieved age. But he acts like he's an angsty teenager sometimes.

-Do you believe there is a difference in the creation experience in age groups other than your own?

Yes. Though there are exceptions to every rule. (This is what I've noticed, it is not a hard fact, just opinion)

Teens seem to create their Tulpae quickly, but they are more unstable personality-wise.

Early 20s creation speed seems to vary on an individual basis, but their Tulpae seem more stable.

Late 20s(My age group); people around my age are somewhat rare in this community. My creation speed has been fast for both of my tulpae, and their personalities are very stable. I don't know if this is typical, or if I am an exception.

For 30's +; usually these people already have Tulpae, and they are fairly rare in this community.

Forcing methods are different per person. What works for one person may not work for another.

While age does come into play, the most capable tulpamancers are those with an open mind. Though, to even consider making a tulpa, one must have a pretty open mind to begin with.

If a person is inclined to have an open mind, time will only increase it. Therefore, older, more open minded people probably make the best tulpamancers.

-Which age group, if any at all, do you find the most prone to neglect/dissipation?

Teens. Of course, there are exceptions, but teenagers typically do things for selfish reasons. If one creates a tulpa, there is a greater chance that they might become disappointed at how long it takes, or their expectations weren't met, and they give up.

Keep in mind that my answers are opinions, and I have nothing really to back them up. Take me seriously at your own risk :)

My Tulpae:

Syldra River (Jan. 9, 2013) Picture

Erin (March 30, 2013) Picture

Welp, you tell me what my maturity level is and I'll get right back at ya. I guess I can answer shit based on my age at least. I'm 20, gotta put that down somewhere.

- Roswell's form is a middle aged male, humanoid. I guess people like calling him a demon because he has horns.

- As for his personality, well, I guess that's a complex thing but let's try figuring it out. He's pretty polite and kind I suppose, really into second chances. Kind of naïve at points I'd even say. But with me, he's pretty mischievous, but doesn't really want any bad. I think he kinda pretends to be someone he's not with others. Roswell's also a total crybaby and attention whore.

- At first it seemed like Roswell just didn't get jokes at all. Our joke now is that he's autistic. He does get jokes now, but it's pretty hard to say how funny he finds them. Never seen him laugh at a joke like he completely lost it, but he does seem amused often. He does laugh, but that's usually because he's just feeling good. Asking him, he says he finds jokes funny if they're good, immature or mature. He does like bad jokes in a way (apparently immature jokes are classified as "bad" more often than not), but he doesn't laugh at them. He smiles, maybe chuckles.

- I laugh at everything, simple as that. But I think black humor is what I really enjoy, which isn't quite what Roswell's into but man, despite him pretending to be all nice and innocent to others, he is fascinated by these awful things he hears. Very curious. Both of us like schadenfreude, but I guess I'm the one actually laughing at it.

- Well, his form looks pretty old, but he's not even a year old yet. I can see a lot of immaturity and lack of experience in him. He can be calm and polite, and think of others, but then at times he gets really emotional and yeah...

- Probably. We've lived through different periods so those probably affect how we see this thing in the first place.

- Seems more like the forcing methods are different depending on when you found out about tuppers or started forcing. The ones that were made before the community have some pretty funky creation stories, while the ones made after tulpa.info are usually being forced by using the site's guides.

- Young ones might have an easier time fooling themselves, though older ones probably got more patience. Hard to say.

- Probably the young ones, the teens and kids. While I bet they could be excellent hosts and live their life with a tupper as their best friend, I also am thinking there's a lot of these younger forcers who just grow bored of this and just leave their tupper once they're not so new and fun anymore.

I bet overall, people would say Roswell's the more mature of us two. But I'd call bullshit. He acts nice and doesn't tell his feelings of others as readily as I do, but that doesn't mean he doesn't think bad of some people. And when bad shit happens and you need to be calm, he's unable to. As far as I've seen, anyways. I know I've been able to keep my cool in dangerous situations, and I guess I see being able to control your emotions as a bit more mature thing to do than to cry and whine about every little thing if you're not happy.

You're right about the maturity level thing, and as I was loading up this thread, I had the same thought, I will fix it right away.

As far as your information goes, it's very thorough and informative to say the least, not to mention it made me want to go back and fix a lot of thing in my first post.

As your answer for the last two questions, though there are no right answers, I can vouch for your opinions in this respect. I am only 16 myself, and I haven't been the worst host in the world, but I can certainly do better. I am ashamed to admit that I have contemplated getting rid of Lilith, however those thoughts left as quick as they came.

Sorry for rambling a bit, thank you very much for your input, you have been extremely helpful.

They tend to find irony funny the most. It's hard to tell when they laugh, though, because their laughter usually coincides with mine. Aaron likes darker humor, and Syl likes nonsensical humor.

We share similar senses of humor. If it's clever, I will probably find it funny.

Syl is supposed to be around 20. But she has claimed to be ageless. She mostly acts 20, but has moments where she is very wise.

Aaron hasn't stated his percieved age. But he acts like he's an angsty teenager sometimes.

Yes. Though there are exceptions to every rule. (This is what I've noticed, it is not a hard fact, just opinion)

Teens seem to create their Tulpae quickly, but they are more unstable personality-wise.

Early 20s creation speed seems to vary on an individual basis, but their Tulpae seem more stable.

Late 20s(My age group); people around my age are somewhat rare in this community. My creation speed has been fast for both of my tulpae, and their personalities are very stable. I don't know if this is typical, or if I am an exception.

For 30's +; usually these people already have Tulpae, and they are fairly rare in this community.

Forcing methods are different per person. What works for one person may not work for another.

While age does come into play, the most capable tulpamancers are those with an open mind. Though, to even consider making a tulpa, one must have a pretty open mind to begin with.

If a person is inclined to have an open mind, time will only increase it. Therefore, older, more open minded people probably make the best tulpamancers.

Teens. Of course, there are exceptions, but teenagers typically do things for selfish reasons. If one creates a tulpa, there is a greater chance that they might become disappointed at how long it takes, or their expectations weren't met, and they give up.

Keep in mind that my answers are opinions, and I have nothing really to back them up. Take me seriously at your own risk :)

Thank you for your input.

I agree it is very rare to see tulpamancers well out of their teens, especially since the idea of tulpas didn't become popular until fairly recently.

If you read my last post, you'll see that I agree with your last answer, and your logic is very solid.

Thanks for your help :)

Maturity level: High- At least I'd like to think so.

Well, my tulpa's form is a pony most of the time, but there are times when uses a humaniod form.

As for her personality she is very laid back and caring. Not much really bothers her or upsets her. Most of the time I assume she sleeps or just silently watches what I'm doing. She's also very talkative and is one to start conversations.

I think she would swing more towards mature jokes, but she also sees the humor in immature jokes as well.

I think we share the same tastes in humor. She does tend to draw the line at gross humor though. The only other difference would be that I find incredibly ironic and stupid things funny, while she just sees them as stupid.

I think she does a very good good job of acting her age; I think she would resemble someone in their mid-twenties, maturity wise.

Yes, I would have to say that older groups would have an easier time with sticking to a schedule and keeping promises with their tulpa. They probably put more thought into the creation of their tulpa compared to younger groups.

No, the forcing methods used would most likely be from this site. Your exceptions would be people who made tulpas before the inception of the site, those people would obviously be in an older group.

Older generations would probably be more patient and dedicated, but might have a harder time with belief. Vice versa for younger generations.

Successfully making a tulpa would be more dependent on someone's beliefs and values, not their age. But if you were to look at it by age the older group would be more capable. (Although less numerous.)

The younger groups, teens and such. Most teens today don't have the slightest clue about delayed gratification, so if results don't meet their expectations they'll most likely fail. Most also lack foresight, so they don't grasp the seriousness that comes with the territory.

My Tulpa

And then it cuts to a scene where you're sitting in a padded cell.

Right, so, age and maturity. Generally, the concept of maturity is very hard to pin down. People use it to mean all kinds of things, none very specific. Maturity is very different from experience, and neither of those things are dependent on age. I kind of ranted hardcore about this on Lacquer's PR. The best way to represent maturity as society views it is with Jungian personality functions. People tend to go through life with a knowledge of only 2 of their 4, and the latter two are generally not that matured. Your own view of your maturity is most likely going to be warped without something stable/outside of you to compare it to. One of the problems with judging it is that people will gauge acts as immature, when really it is because of lack of experience.

Generally, it is rare for most personality types to have much more than 1 function well-matured by the time they leave high school, maybe 2 out of college. It is extremely rare to have 3, and almost unheard of to have 4 when you are in your 20s. Some people, circumstances depending, may be able to open up all 4 in middle school or high school. These people are the ones who truly lead outsider lives. Sucks for them, pretty bad. Once you know your functions though, you can simply work at maturing them all at any age. It is just very rare for the world to kick you in the nuts into maturing them. And I'm not talking about having a hard life. Hell, those kinds of people generally barely have one matured.

My theory is your tulpa cannot pass your own maturity. Well, it was, anyway. My new guess is that circumstances can allow your tulpa to pass you up, especially regarding anything emotional as they will constantly be encountering that. Anyway, my attorney isn't very far along, but let me answer this

Maturity Level:

24, high. At work, I'm able to much more easily talk with the guys over 60 than I am anyone else (As you get older it is more likely you will encounter things that will level up your maturity, hence why people confuse age with maturity (leveling your personality functions is a stupidly apt metaphor)). It is very weird to be overly mature, and I've only been like this probably half a year. Before that, of course I assumed I was more mature. But I wasn't. Not really something you can know until you're past it. I learned retroactively from a few college buddies I had that were much further along than I, after I discovered the concepts of the functions.

It is extremely weird to be able to gauge someone's maturity and realize they're basically still at high school level despite being 40 or 50.

I suppose its identical to my own, visually

The older she gets and the more interaction/stimulus etc. she has, the more she develops. I keep track of her age by about her real/existence age

Yes. As long as the joke is funny, or humorous etc. Personal taste thing, I guess. Depends on the context and the way it is told, and such

Same.

Ha ha... yes! Her actual age, not what she looks like.

Age groups, no. Well, if I had done this ten years ago, my visualization skills would have been much higher, but that was just because of me personally. Maturity? Yes. It all has to do with the context of your particular corner of the world. Hate to tell you this, but you will not find a kind of overarching rule. Maybe trends, but doubtful.

I assume it just depends on your lifestyle and such.

Probably around 6th grade.

Eh, that would be based more on personal personality and life etc.

“Just sick enough to be totally confident”

-H.S.T.

"Same thing; a soul's made of stories, not actions."

Progress Report

Maturity level: High- At least I'd like to think so.

Well, my tulpa's form is a pony most of the time, but there are times when uses a humaniod form.

As for her personality she is very laid back and caring. Not much really bothers her or upsets her. Most of the time I assume she sleeps or just silently watches what I'm doing. She's also very talkative and is one to start conversations.

I think she would swing more towards mature jokes, but she also sees the humor in immature jokes as well.

I think we share the same tastes in humor. She does tend to draw the line at gross humor though. The only other difference would be that I find incredibly ironic and stupid things funny, while she just sees them as stupid.

I think she does a very good good job of acting her age; I think she would resemble someone in their mid-twenties, maturity wise.

Yes, I would have to say that older groups would have an easier time with sticking to a schedule and keeping promises with their tulpa. They probably put more thought into the creation of their tulpa compared to younger groups.

No, the forcing methods used would most likely be from this site. Your exceptions would be people who made tulpas before the inception of the site, those people would obviously be in an older group.

Older generations would probably be more patient and dedicated, but might have a harder time with belief. Vice versa for younger generations.

Successfully making a tulpa would be more dependent on someone's beliefs and values, not their age. But if you were to look at it by age the older group would be more capable. (Although less numerous.)

The younger groups, teens and such. Most teens today don't have the slightest clue about delayed gratification, so if results don't meet their expectations they'll most likely fail. Most also lack foresight, so they don't grasp the seriousness that comes with the territory.

Thanks for your input.

What I have noticed with your post is that it does seem to trend with what the others have been saying, so we might have a pattern going along here. As for your insight and reasoning in answering the questions, it has really allowed me to look at things a little differently and I commend you for that.

Right, so, age and maturity. Generally, the concept of maturity is very hard to pin down. People use it to mean all kinds of things, none very specific. Maturity is very different from experience, and neither of those things are dependent on age. I kind of ranted hardcore about this on Lacquer's PR. The best way to represent maturity as society views it is with Jungian personality functions. People tend to go through life with a knowledge of only 2 of their 4, and the latter two are generally not that matured. Your own view of your maturity is most likely going to be warped without something stable/outside of you to compare it to. One of the problems with judging it is that people will gauge acts as immature, when really it is because of lack of experience.

Generally, it is rare for most personality types to have much more than 1 function well-matured by the time they leave high school, maybe 2 out of college. It is extremely rare to have 3, and almost unheard of to have 4 when you are in your 20s. Some people, circumstances depending, may be able to open up all 4 in middle school or high school. These people are the ones who truly lead outsider lives. Sucks for them, pretty bad. Once you know your functions though, you can simply work at maturing them all at any age. It is just very rare for the world to kick you in the nuts into maturing them. And I'm not talking about having a hard life. Hell, those kinds of people generally barely have one matured.

My theory is your tulpa cannot pass your own maturity. Well, it was, anyway. My new guess is that circumstances can allow your tulpa to pass you up, especially regarding anything emotional as they will constantly be encountering that. Anyway, my attorney isn't very far along, but let me answer this

Maturity Level:

24, high. At work, I'm able to much more easily talk with the guys over 60 than I am anyone else (As you get older it is more likely you will encounter things that will level up your maturity, hence why people confuse age with maturity (leveling your personality functions is a stupidly apt metaphor)). It is very weird to be overly mature, and I've only been like this probably half a year. Before that, of course I assumed I was more mature. But I wasn't. Not really something you can know until you're past it. I learned retroactively from a few college buddies I had that were much further along than I, after I discovered the concepts of the functions.

It is extremely weird to be able to gauge someone's maturity and realize they're basically still at high school level despite being 40 or 50.

I suppose its identical to my own, visually

The older she gets and the more interaction/stimulus etc. she has, the more she develops. I keep track of her age by about her real/existence age

Yes. As long as the joke is funny, or humorous etc. Personal taste thing, I guess. Depends on the context and the way it is told, and such

Same.

Ha ha... yes! Her actual age, not what she looks like.

Age groups, no. Well, if I had done this ten years ago, my visualization skills would have been much higher, but that was just because of me personally. Maturity? Yes. It all has to do with the context of your particular corner of the world. Hate to tell you this, but you will not find a kind of overarching rule. Maybe trends, but doubtful.

I assume it just depends on your lifestyle and such.

Probably around 6th grade.

Eh, that would be based more on personal personality and life etc.

Well you certainly went above and beyond.

Your deductions have proven to be not only (seemingly) accurate, but very in-depth.

Also, your post has made me realize more and more that hosts seem to be very existential in nature, and often have a high maturity level. Of course, this is a generalization.

Thank you very much for your participation.

Considering most people in my age cohort (18-25) still act like self-absorbed children, I'd like to think I'm a bit more mature than them. I'm sure as hell more intelligent, as well.

(More will come as they arise.)

-Nope

-Elise is 12 years old physically, and though she can act childish at times, I feel she's still pretty mature for someone of that age, though she's only been around for about a year. The others are all pretty much adults, and have been around for 6+ years of my life by now.

-Luna has a pretty broad sense of humor, and she even finds most of my dad's remarks funny (whereas I usually do not). The others seem to have a more philosophical sense of humor than I do.

-Very much so. Luna is 21 and acts like a

slut

, Elise is 12 and acts like a little girl, Saria is 19 and is somewhere between angsty teenager and risk-avoidant adult, and Naomi is in her 20s and also acts like an adult.

-Can't really say much on forcing, since I've only been using a "proper" method since about a year ago when the site was founded. I do however believe that grade-schoolers of all ages would have an easier time of tulpaforcing than someone who already has a fully developed brain.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

Considering most people in my age cohort (18-25) still act like self-absorbed children, I'd like to think I'm a bit more mature than them. I'm sure as hell more intelligent, as well.

-Nope

-Elise is 12 years old physically, and though she can act childish at times, I feel she's still pretty mature for someone of that age, though she's only been around for about a year. The others are all pretty much adults, and have been around for 6+ years of my life by now.

-Luna has a pretty broad sense of humor, and she even finds most of my dad's remarks funny (whereas I usually do not). The others seem to have a more philosophical sense of humor than I do.

-Very much so. Luna is 21 and acts like a

slut

, Elise is 12 and acts like a little girl, Saria is 19 and is somewhere between angsty teenager and risk-avoidant adult, and Naomi is in her 20s and also acts like an adult.

-Can't really say much on forcing, since I've only been using a "proper" method since about a year ago when the site was founded. I do however believe that grade-schoolers of all ages would have an easier time of tulpaforcing than someone who already has a fully developed brain.

Interestingly enough, your tulpas seem the most detached from your own personality, which is an interesting bit of information.

Thank you very much for your participation.

>implying it's possible to self-judge maturity

But in all seriousness, there is going to be a huge bias towards people saying they're mature. Of course, it should be possible to adjust perceptions of this survey accordingly, assuming everyone's a little less mature then they self-report.