Common things when it comes to boards

Irish

Some will look at each individual topic, some will just read individual topics, some will just sit there and/or forget about the forum itself.

To make it more active, we need more interaction with the board itself and not having these guys just sit there and do no replying/responding to anything.

How to make it more active is to have more interesting things I guess but I guess whatever's interesting is in the eyes of the beholder~ Either way, what do about making a more interactive and friendly board besides telling you to feth off and only respond to certain things?

Oh believe me I would reply more, but then half my posts would be purely stupid off topic shit. I'm trying not to turn this place into a circlejerk as much as possible.

And also I just don't know what kind of threads to make, I'm not too creative. I haven't been on a forum in years so I don't even remember how to experience them.

This hot empty painting should be locked and towed.

Same shit with me, but I get the basics at least

>implying circlejerk is unavoidable

But yeah I feel you there, we'll just go into brain collaboration when it comes to that~

>implying circlejerk is unavoidable
It is.

Give the forum time. People join everyday.

Hey, I got over 100 posts trying to make conversation and shit. You can't say I haven't been trying I just don't know forum culture enough to know what I'm doing.

• 3 weeks later...

It's funny to look back and see that we were concerned about the forum being stagnant. If only we knew. (Talkin about the over 4000 people visited us the past week)

[Note: Opinions]

I think what is missing and is crucial to getting people posting is a subscription feature. On another site I visit, when you post in a thread you are "subscribed" to it. That means when you go back to your profile you can have a list of all the threads you have posted in that have gotten a new post. It's not a list of all the threads you posted in, it only shows threads which you posted in and have received a new post since you were last on.

I see we sort of have this already, but it shows all the threads you have posted in and it doesn't tell you if it's had an update yet.

Just saying. People will post more if managing the the threads they are in and started is easier.

frt

Avalanche, was that other site Dreamviews? If so, if the feature isn't here by default, I should be able to get a plugin for it.

EDIT: Actually, I just checked. Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but at the bottom of each thread you have three buttons:

Print, Send, and Subscribe. If you click Subscribe, you can subscribe to the threads, and access them in your User CP.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

It was Dreamviews indeed. I find it much easier to manage the responses in threads on DV than here. I can only go to my previous posts and hope that there is a response. They don't even take me straight to the 1st new post either.

I'll try out that subscription thing now. If there isn't already, an autosubscribe feature wouldn't go amiss.

frt