Alternative ways for imposition and the Ganzfeld effect

shalkek

I've seen the red light thing mentioned before, but it isn't in the instructions from the first page. What is it meant to do? Also, would a computer monitor viewing a plain red image in fullscreen work as a substitute, or would I need to buy a red light bulb and a desk lamp?

It seemed to just enhance the experience a little.

As for the red light, I actually used a computer screen. I laid down and tilted the monitor toward my head so it was noticeable.

Tulpa: Sierra

Forcing since July 2012

Couguhl’s Progress Report

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do my eyes need to be open for this?

I have a rather good blindfold that I absolutely cannot see through, but it can be somewhat uncomfortable if i tie it on with them open.

Tulpa:

Name: Elyse (Elly)

Birthday: 29th May, 2012

Physical description: 5"8 thin human girl. self-identified age 18. ~1ft, vivid red hair sometimes in a ponytail. light-skinned. green eyes.

Progress: entirely vocal, speaks often, but only 1 hallucination; her saying "Hiiii". Great at possession.

I have a rather good blindfold that I absolutely cannot see through, but it can be somewhat uncomfortable if i tie it on with them open.

I'm guessing there's a reason the guide is specific enough to advise ping pong balls rather than a simple blindfold. I don't really know how this works, or if there's another substitute, but I'm pretty sure there's more to it than just listening to static with your eyes closed.

I'm guessing there's a reason the guide is specific enough to advise ping pong balls rather than a simple blindfold. I don't really know how this works, or if there's another substitute, but I'm pretty sure there's more to it than just listening to static with your eyes closed.

The purpose of the ping pong balls is to give you the most "blank" possible visuals, so the eyes being open is a must. We are accustomed to dark, which would be from closed eyes or blindfolding, and plain white would be too harsh. The ping pong balls create a soft white that adds to the sensory deprivation or whatever it is. It's also the same reason you're listening to static rather than silence or a single tone.

Any easy alternatives? I know it sounds dumb but I have absolutely no idea where I could get my hands on ping-pong balls.

Tulpa:

Name: Elyse (Elly)

Birthday: 29th May, 2012

Physical description: 5"8 thin human girl. self-identified age 18. ~1ft, vivid red hair sometimes in a ponytail. light-skinned. green eyes.

Progress: entirely vocal, speaks often, but only 1 hallucination; her saying "Hiiii". Great at possession.

Any easy alternatives? I know it sounds dumb but I have absolutely no idea where I could get my hands on ping-pong balls.

Try to tape some paper to your face?

I'll try experimenting with this sort of thing over the next few days with different deprivations and what not, will be back with result(s) later if I get any.

I'll try experimenting with this sort of thing over the next few days with different deprivations and what not, will be back with result(s) later if I get any.

That would be great. This thread seriously needs some revival.