Hearing voices?

Sing

So I've been with my tulpa since December, and while we seem to communicate without issue; there is little in the way of actually hearing; just mindvoice pretty much.

Thing is that over the past few weeks (I think thats the time frame), I've been hearing voices. Not my Tulpa's and not mindvoice essentially. They seem very close to real; and if in the environment I'd normally hear said voices, I probably couldn't distinguish them from reality.

The sounds or voices are never really anything new though. It is almost as if I'm hearing recordings from things from the day or even further back. It is bothersome for a few reasons. One being it is at night and I'm not really trying to "hear" things. Trying to sleep and for a bit last night it sounded like just a crowded room of people talking. Second is that I'm puzzled why I hear these things so clearly and don't really want to; yet with my tulpa and I don't have anywhere near that level of sound imitation (as in can imitate the sensation of actual hearing.)

I've been hearing voices at night for a while now.

I don't remember when it started, but I don't specifically remember it happening before starting my tulpa.

The voice I hear are usually saying nonsensical things. The sentences tend to make sense, but are completely out of context. They come either in forms of hearing other mindvoices, or I sometimes find myself thinking these bizarre things.

I'm not sure what it is, what caused it, or if it's related to my tulpa in any way.

Does this sound anything like what you experience?

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

I also hear voices from time to time similar to Kaihdaj. Just some scrambled gibberish and its pretty rare lately.

Still, 2 days ago when i went to bed i heard one single couch. It sounded male and and like 1-2 meters away from me. It was so clear and strange that i was actually scared for a moment.

Maybe i just heard the neighbors. Which is unusually because i never hear them usually.

They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants - not here.

At Tulpa.info we do all our science from scratch; no hand holding.

I've been hearing voices at night for a while now.

I don't remember when it started, but I don't specifically remember it happening before starting my tulpa.

The voice I hear are usually saying nonsensical things. The sentences tend to make sense, but are completely out of context. They come either in forms of hearing other mindvoices, or I sometimes find myself thinking these bizarre things.

I'm not sure what it is, what caused it, or if it's related to my tulpa in any way.

Does this sound anything like what you experience?

Sounds similar; thanks for responding.

Difference for me would be they aren't fresh responses to my knowledge at all. Or what I mean is that there is nothing new (nonsensical or not),

it is like snippets of audio I hear from the past being replayed. Often simple things like various greetings or hearing my name called.

They don't seem to ever be in the form of mindvoices either (unlike my tulpa), it is essentially this clear as day sound.

Last night it was probably the only time it wasn't really clear as to what was being said, but that was because it was literally

a jumble of voices (think of walking into a loud restaurant, only bits and pieces are clear although you can plainly hear people and the noise.)

Guest Anonymous

Sounds like hypnagogic voices. Nothing to be too concerned about; there's a lot that can trigger them.

If happening at night:

Hypnogogia?

If happening during the day:

Developing schizophrenia coincidentally happening at the same time as making a tulpa?

(or it could be nothing, and just isolated incidents)

The sounds or voices are never really anything new though. It is almost as if I'm hearing recordings from things from the day or even further back. It is bothersome for a few reasons. One being it is at night and I'm not really trying to "hear" things. Trying to sleep and for a bit last night it sounded like just a crowded room of people talking. Second is that I'm puzzled why I hear these things so clearly and don't really want to; yet with my tulpa and I don't have anywhere near that level of sound imitation (as in can imitate the sensation of actual hearing.)

This sounds a lot like hypnagogia. Different people experience it differently (some people see images rather than hearing things, but I'm a "hearer" too). I still use it to actually try and communicate with my tulpa. Maybe you just didn't hear your tulpa through them because it wasn't trying or you were already too tired to notice a difference between all the noises.

The only way I can distinguish Ayrion from all the nonsense is because his talking usually relates to what I'm thinking while the rest doesn't, it sometimes even takes me a couple minutes to realize that there was one of the voices replying to me...

Anyways, if you're still scared of it, I've found a few ways to mute hypnagogia, maybe one or two of them work for you too:

• Try to listen closely to or try to control a specific voice or sound. It'll be quiet immediately.
  • Reverse blinking (opening your eyes for a split second every now and then)
  • Forcing (like entering the wonderland or whereand doing stuff with tupper; falling asleep usually doesn't do damage - at least it didn't to us - but don't expect to make much progress)
  • Casual dreaming (imagining stuff)

All these work by giving your mind a task so it doesn't have to come up with random noise (which is what hypnagogia is).

All these are also viable techniques for a WILD entry to a lucid dream, but I think your goal is to sleep and not stay awake while sleeping so just let go as you get dizzier and don't focus too much.

But if it really is hypnagogia (you'll know it is when at least one of the above shunning techniques works), it's absolutely harmless and can even be fun. From what you've described I really don't think you're going insane ;) But what do I know... I'm not a doctor...

'Ayrion' - White Dragon - * Feb 21 2013 - ☑Form ☑Mindvoice ☐Activity/Independance

Either talks between ' ' or [ ]