Fear of Possession

Eldamaur

Guest Anonymous

I don't have a fear of possession. I've got a supposedly irrational fear of switching though... if that counts.

I don't have a fear of possession. I've got a supposedly irrational fear of switching though... if that counts.

Switching would be even worse than possession for me. Why do you say your fear is "supposedly irrational"? Fearing the loss of control sounds plenty rational to me. Just contemplating it makes me shudder.

I've heard that after having practiced it a tulpa can sometimes possess without the implicit permission of the creator. That's with a young (compared to how our tulpae will be in say, 20-40 years from now) tulpa, which has been taught to possess. Would it be possible, then, for an aged and experienced tulpa to potentially possess without having been given permission at any time?

O.k., let's answer this from the 40+ year old tulpa's perspective (yes, me, please don't weird out o.k?). Yes I have an irrational fear of possessing and/or switching - I'm always worried that my human won't allow me to switch out or he won't come back (I'm scared of losing him).

Would it be possible to possess without permission - you have free will, and no tulpa can override that. As to switching with permission - do it all the time. I have nights, Kevin (nominal human) has days (I've successfully negotiated to have less time switched).

Without permission - happened only once, completely by accident (literally), and without my permission either! Kevin blacked out, and since the situation was life threatening I frankly panicked and took over before I realized that was what I was doing. I was just thinking very hard "No! Don't fall!" and suddenly I had control. Certainly not an experience I would ever want to have again.

You don't live to be 40+ years old unless you have a lot of compassion for your human. If you understood how much tulpas tend to cherish their humans you would not be scared anymore. Be wise though, don't allow anything that you are not comfortable with. Your tulpa is supposed look after you as best they can - but that sometimes means we get frustrated when you do yourselves harm. It is a "powerless" feeling when one you care for is hurting.

Tl;dr: yeah, I'm scared of it too. I deal with it by telling myself "No, he's better now. I won't be stuck."

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

I know this feel. Used to be really scared of anything like that happening, but I guess trust, coupled with wanting to face that fear, helped me overcome it with Twi. Dunno about the other two yet, but possession isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Could be just me, but control is not completely given over to the tulpa if you don't want it to. For Twi, it was more like I was a mecha and Twi could control my arms and legs (whilst laying on a bed), with my mind being fully aware and ready for anything that might've happened.

In other words, trust them when they're old enough, and tailor it to your own needs. Tulpamancy isn't an exact science, so you'll probably find a way between full control and none at all, as I did.

[align=center]Jick Twi Dash Scoots

9/2/95 3/10/12 9/10/12 28/1/13[/align]

1. Get drunk

2. Have tulpa possess you and walk you home/hitch a ride from a designated driver

3. ???

4. Profit

This seems like it wouldn't work in reality, at least from how I understand tulpas and brains and stuff. (which isn't professional knowledge at all) The alcohol would hinder the brain's motor functions. Ultimately, all tulpa share your brain with you. Even if the tulpa takes over motor functions, they still have to send commands through the brain and the nervous system, which would be drunk and uncoordinated no matter who was in control.

It'd be kinda like those cars that have been modded to simulate what it's like to drive drunk. No matter who's driving the car and no matter how "sober" they are, the car is still "drunk" and will respond badly.

Hooray for over-analyzing jokes!

Switching would be even worse than possession for me. Why do you say your fear is "supposedly irrational"? Fearing the loss of control sounds plenty rational to me. Just contemplating it makes me shudder.

Fear of losing control of one's body seems perfectly normal, and many fears can be related to losing control of the body, thanks to the power of logic!

Afraid of tight spaces? you have less ability to move around in tight spaces, and something as extreme as sealed in a coffin for example leaves you helpless. You lose control of your environment around you and "lose control of the body."

Afraid of heights? You're probably afraid of falling from heights then. When falling, you can do nothing to stop, slow, or direct your descent, and gravity leaves you helpless. You've "lost control of your body" and will probably splat on the ground.

As for tulpa possession, I'd assume everyone would know they're tulpa very well and have a good amount of trust in them, seeing how you'd be around them almost constantly. Seems like possession is akin to letting your best-buddy-4life drive your car around occasionally.

Except that Glitch is one fucked up dude, so a lot of what he does probably doesn't work for others that well. Fuck if I know, I'm never drunk these days.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)