Tulpa-Only section of the forum?

Asquerade

How about a section of the forum where only tulpas can post? Like the tulpa channel, but better, because I like forums more than IRC.

We'd post, but as our tulpae. So it would be our tulpa talking to each other about tulpa stuff, rather than tulpamancers talking to tulpamancers about tulpamancer stuff.

If I suddenly drop out of Chat, it means I was on my old and unreliable laptop. Was. PM me instead, because I can reply to PMs using my 3DS, but it can't use Chat.

Progress Report

Eh, I dunno.

I mean, the point of this site is not exactly to socialize. That's what the IRC is for.

The main point generally is for hosts to talk to hosts about host stuff.

And if you ask a question, and only want a response from tulpas, you can just say so.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Yeah, you could say so.

Or, you could use the tulpa-only forum, where tulpas talk to tulpas about tulpa stuff! (And maybe they'd also talk about the weather, or their hosts, or bacon. I dunno, we haven't met most of the tulpas here.)

If I suddenly drop out of Chat, it means I was on my old and unreliable laptop. Was. PM me instead, because I can reply to PMs using my 3DS, but it can't use Chat.

Progress Report

That's exactly my point.

We already have the IRC, and Off-topic for that.

Basically, any thread that is not about the forums itself, or there to help promote a better understanding of the tulpa phenomenon, is off-topic. And then there's Tulpa Art.

We don't need another off-topic board.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

What about those who can't use the IRC?

And what is so bad about adding a new board? Does it cost money? If so, then how?

Progress Report

For starters, as has been pointed out in the past, adding more boards makes it harder to find specific threads.

Second, once again, why do we need 2 off-topic boards? You can do all the tulpa-talking you want, there.

It costs thoughtpower. Just kidding.

But seriously, whats wrong with just having a tulpatalk thread? (not a whole board) If two tulpas want to PM then no threads are even needed.

fourfiction, the idiot.

Guest Anonymous

I think a tulpa-only thread would be nice as an option. For those not as speedy, or good of listeners as others may not be able to engage with other tulpalamas as efficiently as they might on the forums. Just to get an idea out there, even if they're ninja'd a second later. Their idea is still gotten out there, and the host gets better at deciphering whatever the tulpa be saying.

It's not a bad idea, I think.

Though I'd need to tell you, if we had a board for tulpae, while the roleplaying problem would be present, there would be two major reasons why we wouldn't want anyone accessing it. First reason would be that if nobody knows it exists, and the members in there don't acknowledge the existence, we wouldn't have people trying to message us while faking a tulpa to get access (since technically it wouldn't exist). I understand that people may still fake it just a shot of a chance it might exist, but even then, it would be invite-only to our discretion, and nobody would get in without a screening session.

I know some have just said we could make it read only and continue to only screen people as they come in, but that would be impossible due to the second reason.

The second reason, and this the most important, would be to respect their (the tulpae's) privacy. Some of them are very self-conscious, and would be talking about personal issues that they don't want others (read as "non-tulpae") to know; the creators would agree (as a rule, and out of respect for their tulpae) not to mention what their tulpae would be talking about in there, or to even intervene in any possible topics; it would completely unmoderated and between themselves -- their own corner of the Internet.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report