I'm having problems visualizing a body or an overall form and if I even get to a part of where I can visualize a part of the body I will either forget it the next time I go to force or won't be able to keep focus on it and I will loose it or it will change.

Is there anything I can do to help with this? I've tried searching for topics but haven't came up with much.

Well first off, realize its not a big deal. Tulpas generally have forms for us. You dont need to have one now, just let time pass and work on improving your visualization skills. Right now, thats completely normal, I was exactly like that. Try daydreaming out them now and again to imagine them in their entirety. Details will come overtime, just keep at it.

Also have someone draw them, that helps alot

Another thing to try sometime, is take a walk and imagine they're walking in front of you. If its easier to imagine them far away than do that,

Progress report

"You'll have a Tulpa because you didn't give up" -Koomer

Guest Anonymous

Here's my idea.

Draw your tulpa. I don't care if you draw like shit (hell, look at my profile pic). The point is, you will have a reference to... well, reference from when you force. Sometimes when I work on Snow, and need to work on imposition, I still sometimes will glance at my shitty sketches of her.

Believe me. If you can reckognize it even a little bit, then it's a good reference.

Here's another idea.

If you can't draw your own reference (and I mean REALLY can't draw your own reference), find one online. There's so many mother fucking creatures on line, I'm sure you're bound to find one that vaugely resembles the form you're looking for. Human? Easy. Pony? Even easier. Cat, Dog, Cat-Dog... okay that last one you might have your limits on, but my point is that the internet is vast. You'll eventually find your reference to practice with.

Again, refering to Snow, she's a pony. It was childsplay to find an easy pony template and annatomy chart to reference from when her form started to get a bit wonky at the begining. It was even easier considering that her first form was basically (another) Pinkie rip off.

Here's another idea.

If worst comes to worst, and you can't find your reference, and someone's amputated your arms legs and your nose for shits and giggles to feed to their canabalistic master, all you need to do is write about your tulpa. Ever read a book? Imagery is your friend in this case. Just come up with a descriptive... description of your tulpa down to the most insignificant details. Read it to have a more concrete idea of what your tulpa looks like.

For example. Snow is a muted pink mare, remenicant of the MLP animation style, with a doolapped mane, and a coiled tail. On her flank sits a (sometimes there, sometimes not) cutie mark of three ice sickles, the center one being larger than the other two beside it. Her eyes are big and grey, and her mane comes down her sides like two waterfalls...

Now, that might not be the best description of Snow (hey, I'm kind of rushing to be first here, give me a break) but it means something to me. I know what she looks like, and that description (which I could probably go further with) would be able to remind me what she looks like with ease.

One last idea

Just let it happen. Some tulpalamas just want to experiment with form, and perhaps that's what he/she is doing. Just let it happen, and perhaps eventually she'll just come down to one form and keep it. You can want a form all you want, but it's the tulpa who will be making the ultimate decision to their form (unless you're just a dick and continue to press a specific form on them)... and don't worry, the form usually is something to the host's liking, or something the host will grow accustomed to.

ONE MORE THING.

Don't sweat form too much anyway. Form's nice, but not as important in the long run. Whatever happens, let it happen. It is what it is, as a wise man once said.

Anyway, that's my little spcheel... fuck I don't know if I spelled that right, and frankly I don't give two shit shakes.

pokerface.jpg

Anywho, the best of luck to you in all your future tulpa endevours. Now... now I need to rest my fingers.

Haaaaaarrrrrrrrttttttt,

Moon Shooter ;D

DAMN YOU Aarix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111

I can't believe that your search came up with not much. There are so many "guys help with visualisation" topics here and half the guides in the guides section are for visualisation.

It comes with practice really. I realise that you asked this a while before as well, but if you can visualise a leg then visualise that leg. Great, now practice visualising that leg. Getting better at visualisation yet? Either way, do some more.

As others have said, reference images help a lot. Get some, draw some, get someone to draw some, make them in your favourite character creator or something. Even a rough sketch can help immensely.

A lot of people find that visualising is easier when their tulpa is moving or doing something. If your tulpa can't move themselves then don't worry about moving for them.

If you haven't tried open-eye visualisation then do. As Aarix said, it's like daydreaming.

One technique if you absolutely cannot visualize (having never done it and not knowing what to expect) is to use afterimages.

Here is a simple exercise you can try to help get you started visualizing.

Setup:

Get 2 sheets of white paper.

On one of the sheets of paper put a black circle or square or any other shape, in the middle.

Process:

In a well lit area stare at the sheet of paper with the black shape for about 1 minute.

Immediately switch over to stare at the blank sheet. You will see a reflection or image of what you were just staring at.

The afterimage will usually come and go for a short time. Just repeat this a few times.

By doing this you will develop a memory in your mind of seeing a shape where you know there is no shape, which is almost exactly the same as visualizing. After that you will have a memory and physical experience of being able to see a mental image, which makes it much easier to know kind of what to expect. This exercise is kind of like training wheels on a bicycle, you can use it when you first start and have never done it before. Once you can visualize then you won't need it.

Once you do this a few times move on to another guide, there are many of them that address the problems you're having.

Also, practicing concentration exercises can help you since you'll be able to maintain your mind state more and more on what you want, rather than the randomness that happens when you first start.

Just keep trying everyday, even if its just for a few minutes, you will be able to do it with practice.

Guest Anonymous

I can't believe that your search came up with not much. There are so many "guys help with visualisation" topics here and half the guides in the guides section are for visualisation.

If I had a nickle for every time I've heard a question repeated on this forum that really would have been better asked in somewhere like IRC, I'd have a shit ton of nickles. I'd probably throw them at someone too. Specifically the one asking the question.