• Added "Forcing Should not be a chore"

September 21st, 2013:

• Corrected grammar errors
  • Revised some sections
  • Added "Your Tulpa Should be a Tulpa First, and a Form Second"

August 7th, 2016:

• Corrected errors and added slight clarifications throughout

August 9th, 2017:

• Pointed link for Oguigi's & Koomer's possession guide to Wayback archive.

November 15th, 2020:

• Made it look less disgusting
  • Also removed the table of contents at the top, because apparently Google docs has that built-in now.

French Changelog:

July 27th, 2013:

• Added

July 29th, 2013:

• Added permanent link

September 8th, 2013:

• Updated (see notes in "French Version:")
  • Changed link

November 20th, 2013

• Updated

Italian Changelog:

August 12th, 2013:

• Added

August 18th, 2013:

• Changed Link

September 12th, 2013:

• Updated

Russian Changelog:

December 19th, 2013

• Added

French Version:

dragonclaw has kindly taken much time to translate this entire guide into French. Currently, this version contains all sections that can be found in the original English version, but lacks the revisions done to other sections in the past.

Italian Version:

This version, translated by the user "dreamy" (you'll always be noobdreamer to me) should currently be up-to-date, besides the most recent English update.

Russian Version:

This version of the guide was recently translated by the user Leopold, of his own accord. Much thanks to him for the hard work.

For all the non-English versions of the guide, note the date of creation in comparison to the latest update of the English version. I will not tell you every time one of the versions is not completely up to date. You can figure that out yourself. If it was not up-to-date when it was posted, I will let you know as I did the French version.

For those of you who want to translate this guide:

Don't.

At least not yet. I should have made serious note of this earlier, but I intend to do some major revisions to this guide, such that any translation done now would be severely outdated by the time I'm finished.

On top of that, there is also a possibility that this guide may be taken down altogether.

As always, let me know what you think, and if there are any sections you'd like to see added.

It's worth noting that I still plan to reword/revise some of the paragraphs. I feel like I didn't get my point across as eloquently as possible. But until then, make do with my rough-draft wording.

Edited by Kiahdaj

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

• Answers 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guest Anonymous

Within the next few days, I'm hoping to work up the motivation to edit the guide.

I'm going to add the suggestions that have been given so far, as well as some that have been given by others, and things I recognize that I'd forgotten, myself.

In the meantime, if any of you feel that there is anything "missing" from this guide, please, speak up. At the very least, I will take it into consideration.

I think it would be nice to have a bit about switching :)

Guest Anonymous

Great guide, wish it came at the start of March though, would have helped a lot :) Also, I am practicing passive visualisation, and read the whole guide to my tulpa, I skipped a bit at one point that I didn't feel I needed, and then he started looking a bit annoyed. I read it and he's fine now. Reading the guide gave me progress!

I've been waiting for an extremely detailed complete guide though. Most guides seem to be focused on one stage (which isn't a problem), or a brief overview. The problem with the guides for individual stages is that a lot of thhem contrast and I find that they make me question which I should follow. This has it all in one go. Love it.

I think it would be nice to have a bit about switching :)

Originally, I didn't have a section on switching because:

1. I don't have any personal experience in it (that can be remedied by looking into it a little, so that won't be a problem, if I do decide to add a section)

2. I'm honestly not really all for switching. Those who do it responsibly, I have no problem with. But the idea of switching sounds pretty glamorous, so it has, and will continue to attract people who do it irresponsibly.

So I may end up adding a section on it (after all, this is supposed to be an absolute guide, hence the name), but if I do, I will add a large, explicit section on why I'm against Joe Schmo doing it.

Great guide, wish it came at the start of March though, would have helped a lot :) Also, I am practicing passive visualisation, and read the whole guide to my tulpa, I skipped a bit at one point that I didn't feel I needed, and then he started looking a bit annoyed. I read it and he's fine now. Reading the guide gave me progress!

I've been waiting for an extremely detailed complete guide though. Most guides seem to be focused on one stage (which isn't a problem), or a brief overview. The problem with the guides for individual stages is that a lot of thhem contrast and I find that they make me question which I should follow. This has it all in one go. Love it.

I appreciate the praise, and dearly hope that this guide continues to help many people.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Guest Anonymous

Originally, I didn't have a section on switching because:

1. I don't have any personal experience in it (that can be remedied by looking into it a little, so that won't be a problem, if I do decide to add a section)

2. I'm honestly not really all for switching. Those who do it responsibly, I have no problem with. But the idea of switching sounds pretty glamorous, so it has, and will continue to attract people who do it irresponsibly.

So I may end up adding a section on it (after all, this is supposed to be an absolute guide, hence the name), but if I do, I will add a large, explicit section on why I'm against Joe Schmo doing it.

I understand what you are saying, but I think you should add it anyway, be it only for the disclaimer.

Those who want to abuse it will just click the search button, type in "switching" and have a guide for that, regardless of wherever you put it in the guide.

Maybe it would make the possibility of switching known to people who wouldn't otherways have heard of it, but writing a warning will probably keep more people from doing something extreme such as perma-switching than making them do something like that.

Also it's funny that the 2 posts I read after posting that I want to try switching in my PR are the ones that say that switching is bad.

Fancy.

Second time you've mentioned that.

Yeah, so I'm not sure I'm going to update this guide any time soon.

I finally got around to it today, and after typing for about 3 hours straight, I lost all of the work I did.

I don't even remember all that I typed, and I also know from experience, that I can't say things as well, the second time.

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, so I'm not sure I'm going to update this guide any time soon.

I finally got around to it today, and after typing for about 3 hours straight, I lost all of the work I did.

I don't even remember all that I typed, and I also know from experience, that I can't say things as well, the second time.

Well, that sucks.

What were you adding?

And are you still going to stick around until you get it done?