Personality or visualization first?

RBDash

After seeing the Tulpa thread on MLPforums (a big thanks to Crepuscle, or whatever his name is here, if he has an account here) I knew I should force one (mostly for companionship, forever alone).

I'm going to try to start tomorrow, but I need to know this first. Should I start with personality or visualization first? I've read through the guides, and some seem to imply visualization first, others personality first. I just don't know what to do. If it's helpful, I'm a lot more talented in areas that would help with visualization rather than personality.

And also, how do I go about adding the personality? I never got any idea how to do so by reading through this website. Something to add on, I have horrible short term memory. I think of something, want to do it but I can't for a few minutes, and if I don't write it down in 3 minutes I won't remember what it was. It is really annoying :@

And finally, for purely hypothetical reasons, is tulpaception possible? xD I'm pretty sure it isn't (due to the nature of tulpas) but what do I know about tulpas.

Name: Suzy

Form: Like my avatar, but realistic.

Time: 58 hours.

1. Personality first, visualization after they're sentinet. But you can imagine their lifeless corpse in your wonderland.

2. Force personality however you want. You can do this by talking to your tulpa and explaining it's persoanlity to it. Don't forget to treat your tulpa and alive and sentient from the start. When talking to the tulpa you have to imagine talking directly to that personality. Forcing the personality isn't so much as training the tulpa as it is just getting the idea in your head there is a fully sentient and standalone being is in your head with that personality. I'm personally going to try to imagine my tulpa in certian situations, which may sound like puppeting but I think it could work.

3. Never been tried if I recall. But I think it's believed only the host can make a tulpa.

trying lurking the forums, check every thread. You'll learn a thing or two.

This hot empty painting should be locked and towed.

What you should do first is what feels right to you. However, I recommend doing the personality first so that you can base the visuals off of it. The personality is simple. You just come up with traits for it, and then go over them over and over and it begins forming the tulpa.

Also what Charlotte said about lurking about. There's loads of info in the threads around here.

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

Guest applesauce99

I'm doing personality first, in the hopes that Claire will make her own form or at least help me with visualizing it when she becomes sentient. I suck at visual stuff...then again I suck at personality too.

I guess I'm more excited to achieve sentience first than a soul-less naked chick to haunt my mind as a lifeless body. Ew, gross.

As for adding the personality, I close my eyes, relax completely, and mentally travel into the dark, infinite void of my wonderland (which matches the description of the inside of my head also). Then I either mentally narrate the personality to the softball-sized glowing sphere I visialize as the soul of my tulpa - or I imagine writing the personality traits on small pieces of paper and release them, watching them get sucked up/absorbed by the ball.

On tulpaception: dunno, try giving your tulpa that ability of creating tulpas in your wonderland. Hell, let it run the wonderland too and you could have a damn city with thousands of tulpa inhabitants and skyscrapers all the way to the horizon.

Assuming your subconsious CPU doesn't fry before then, but in all seriousness, I would try giving it the 'power' to create sentience and one or a few tulpas just for exploratory/research reason. I don't want to do it to mine because I don't want to fuck up my first tulpa. I wanna get the hang of this first ya know.

I'm pretty sure this is spamming by now, but a friendly welcome to the tulpa forums.

Personality first, visualization after they're sentinet. But you can imagine their lifeless corpse in your wonderland.

I thought it was imposition after they're sentient. And lifeless corpse in wonderland? WTF?

I want to make a tulpa. That's why I'm here.

Tulpa Name: Shai, ✓Personality, ✓Visualization, ✓Touch, ✓Smell, Body Language and Sentience ❑

Guest applesauce99

I know right, Sheep? I can't have a dead body haunting my wonderland. Mm-mmm nope.

I thought it was imposition after they're sentient. And lifeless corpse in wonderland? WTF?

What would you impose in your environment when you haven't visualized a body yet?

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

Guest Anonymous

I find Fourfic vs me funny. He hates the idea of his dead hooker lying around in his wonderland, yet my forcing section of mine consists of a morgue-like room.

As for OP, I would work on personality first, but if you want do visuals first, it's up to you. There is now definitive way of tulpa forcing, only guidelines.

Guest applesauce99

It's not a hooker! Right now it's a blowed-up hooker, thanks to wonderland dynamite.

And I agree with costanza, everyone has their own unique way. Guidelines show you the door, but you must walk through it.

That's probably not the entirely proper quote for this situation...