Why You Shouldn't Make a Tulpa, and Bad Practices

JD1215

You forgot the part about making tulpas just for the heck of it because you're depressed you lost your girlfriend, and even though the host has imposed and independent tulpas, doesn't mean he should bring even more tulpas into this world as it is clearly not helping him better himself.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You forgot the part about making tulpas just for the heck of it because you're depressed you lost your girlfriend, and even though the host has imposed and independent tulpas, doesn't mean he should bring even more tulpas into this world as it is clearly not helping him better himself.

You're right. I'm not infallible, and that happened during a time when I was severely depressed. I feel bad some of them were not born out of my love for tulpa, but what's done is done. I should not have made tulpa in that state of mind.

WTB: Rare Tulpas

Im glad to see a warning. The thing I think is the worst is young children doing this. They arent seen as mature enough to drive a car but they are splitting off sections of themselves while keeping secrecy from their parents. I find this shocking.

Jesse (human male) DOB 16th April 2013 

Working on imposition

Great article JD. I feel compelled, however, to point out a slight discrepancy. Whether or not someone update their progress report, or posts frequently, is not the best indicator of commitment, albeit it is the only one we can measure efficiently. I do not update my progress report, nor do I post very often (though my posting frequency has been on the rise) yet I consider myself quite committed to my tulpa and her development.

Besides that, excellent read. This should be read by all considering embarking on the life-long journey of creating a tulpa.

Good way to look/think/examine it all. I've dealt with this one person (unsure of they reside on these forums) who fit a lot of those titles: roleplay, instatulpa (via pregnancy), young, switching BS, issues with memories, and other BS. I kid you not with this guy, I wonder about him...

As for me, I thought over it and am happy to say I've attempted to steer clear of falling into those no no's. I'd feel ashamed of myself if I made Jackie for the wrong reasons, and lying about her. When looking over, I do have to admit I am a computer fiend and live in a area where there is not much around my house, but I do not solely interact with Jackie when online. Honestly, this forum is the only place online when I try thigns with Jackie, all else is in the real world.

Other then that... I dunno, good guide, I'l show this to more tulpa friends of mine and see what they think

Now with 20% more mudkips!

I'd say this deserve to be on the "Home" page of tulpa.info

Chloe - That cheerful girl with ponytail.

Aigis - The male cyborg that looks like raiden in MGR.

Vixen - Half dragon female who looks like Mary in DMC3 when in human form.

Guest Anonymous

I'd say this deserve to be on the "Home" page of tulpa.info

Agreed. Gets the ones who bother to read anything something to to think about, and a more official answer when new guys come along with the age old question "Should I tulpa".

Something everyone should read... both so called veterens and noobs alike.

Great article JD. I feel compelled, however, to point out a slight discrepancy. Whether or not someone update their progress report, or posts frequently, is not the best indicator of commitment, albeit it is the only one we can measure efficiently. I do not update my progress report, nor do I post very often (though my posting frequency has been on the rise) yet I consider myself quite committed to my tulpa and her development.

Besides that, excellent read. This should be read by all considering embarking on the life-long journey of creating a tulpa.

I completely agree with Jax here. It's a great article and one that if followed is sure to decrease the amount of 'trash tulpas' that turn up so often. But I do agree that not updating the progress report or posting often here isn't the best indicator of commitment. A tulpa is obviously a personal thing and a personal journey which doesn't rely on a community--though, those methods are good ways to measure commitment efficiently, and of course the community is very beneficial to tulpamancers, for providing guidance and something to 'bounce off' on. But I have healthy, regular and daily progressive interactions with my tulpa, but I don't record every single thing that happens. He's a true friend to me now, and one doesn't always write down every event that happens when interacting with friends.

...tulpa are psychological/spiritual sentient beings that function to aid the host in real life.

I really like this :)

I'm Alanna, Domnopalus' host. Dom always speaks in brackets []

Tulpa: Domnopalus ||

Form (I am the artist) || WL: Bald cypress swamp. || Progress Report

While I do agree with a lot of the points you made, especially regarding switching, I don't feel that tulpa pregnancy is a guise for making a so-called "insta-tulpa." Luna and I love each other very much, and we wanted that to be solidified in the creation of our daughter Elise. I also was sure to take the proper steps when forcing her, test for sentience, etc. and she turned out fine.

I was planning on not posting at all on this topic, but because Glitch has; I agree with that he says completely and whole-heartedly. Myself and Pruria currently expecting, and not for the reasons of simply making another tulpa, but because we share a bond and we wish to start a family. Not for any other reason.

Insta-tulpas are bullshit anyway.

Pruria Joal (Pegasus)

Working on: Imposition

Hieldy (Moogle)

Working on: Possession/imposition

Samantha (Griffon)

Working on: Deafness/form

And please, call me G.

Guest Anonymous

I was planning on not posting at all on this topic, but because Glitch has; I agree with that he says completely and whole-heartedly. Myself and Pruria currently expecting, and not for the reasons of simply making another tulpa, but because we share a bond and we wish to start a family. Not for any other reason.

Insta-tulpas are bullshit anyway.

I wasn't planning on posting here either, just because everything I had to say was already said rather well by chupi, but I have a bit of trouble understanding tulpa pregnancies. How do they work?

Does the baby just pop out already sentient without any work? Wouldn't you have to force it in some way? It would surprise me if there wasn't any at least passive forcing involved from either you or the tulpa.

I'm just curious and trying to understand how it works ;)