Why You Shouldn't Make a Tulpa, and Bad Practices

JD1215

I wasn't planning on posting here either, just because everything I had to say was already said rather well by chupi, but I have a bit of trouble understanding tulpa pregnancies. How do they work?

Does the baby just pop out already sentient without any work? Wouldn't you have to force it in some way? It would surprise me if there wasn't any at least passive forcing involved from either you or the tulpa.

I'm just curious and trying to understand how it works ;)

It does indeed involve forcing, some of which can happen in the womb but most of which must be done after the tulpa has been born and aged up by at least a few years. The end result is not all that different from just making a tulpa together as JD1215 suggested, though the parties involved will feel a sense of solidarity that simply isn't there when making a tulpa "the normal way".

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that it matters at all... but I personally (as a 23 year old female) have a horrible phobia of pregnancy and childbirth. I wish that wasn't the case, but no matter what I do, it just is. I'm sure it's different from a male's perspective.. but I personally don't know why anyone would want to 'imagine' in such detail involving that. I guess if it's not you who are pregnant it just doesn't matter.. it's the other person's burden to deal with the pain, mess, limitations that come with pregnancy and childbirth. I have a boyfriend who I want to eventually marry, so I know what it is to have a commitment so strong, and yes, I have an urge to have children with him someday.. though I doubt we will ever have the financial means to handle such a thing.. but the technical process of it all is honestly truly horrifying to me. In WL do most people dealing with pregnancy simply make it something more pleasant? Since that is in our power to do so? I just have a hard time grasping the concept.

I'm Alanna, Domnopalus' host. Dom always speaks in brackets []

Tulpa: Domnopalus ||

Form (I am the artist) || WL: Bald cypress swamp. || Progress Report

Also this is a great thread, from the very little I have read so far (the title, the bold names of the various sections, and some light skimming).

Guest Anonymous

It does indeed involve forcing, some of which can happen in the womb but most of which must be done after the tulpa has been born and aged up by at least a few years. The end result is not all that different from just making a tulpa together as JD1215 suggested, though the parties involved will feel a sense of solidarity that simply isn't there when making a tulpa "the normal way".

Ok that makes sense, thanks! It seemed strange to me that a consciousness would just spawn out of nothing just because it is emulating a real pregnancy.

Not particularly the same thing, but this thread reminded me of it some:

http://community.tulpa.info/thread-thing...up-a-tulpa

Wow, 2nd reply and already derailed. I just read further, there's still some useful stuff.

It's worth a read since that thread deals with what not to do during creation, while this one deals about the reasons for creation.

Not that it matters at all... but I personally (as a 23 year old female) have a horrible phobia of pregnancy and childbirth. I wish that wasn't the case' date=' but no matter what I do, it just is. I'm sure it's different from a male's perspective.. but I personally don't know why anyone would want to 'imagine' in such detail involving that. I guess if it's not you who are pregnant it just doesn't matter.. it's the other person's burden to deal with the pain, mess, limitations that come with pregnancy and childbirth. I have a boyfriend who I want to eventually marry, so I know what it is to have a commitment so strong, and yes, I have an urge to have children with him someday.. though I doubt we will ever have the financial means to handle such a thing.. but the technical process of it all is honestly truly horrifying to me. In WL do most people dealing with pregnancy simply make it something more pleasant? Since that is in our power to do so? I just have a hard time grasping the concept.[/quote']

I think I get what you mean, it would freak me out quite a bit to have another living being inside me.

I guess expectation can play a big role in it? I find that if I have a positive attitude and expectation unpleasant things often aren't as bad as usual.

Then again as a 16 year old male I'm probably one of the last qualified persons to give advice on pregnancy.

Not that it matters at all... but I personally (as a 23 year old female) have a horrible phobia of pregnancy and childbirth. I wish that wasn't the case, but no matter what I do, it just is. I'm sure it's different from a male's perspective.. but I personally don't know why anyone would want to 'imagine' in such detail involving that. I guess if it's not you who are pregnant it just doesn't matter.. it's the other person's burden to deal with the pain, mess, limitations that come with pregnancy and childbirth. I have a boyfriend who I want to eventually marry, so I know what it is to have a commitment so strong, and yes, I have an urge to have children with him someday.. though I doubt we will ever have the financial means to handle such a thing.. but the technical process of it all is honestly truly horrifying to me. In WL do most people dealing with pregnancy simply make it something more pleasant? Since that is in our power to do so? I just have a hard time grasping the concept.

As the host, there are a number of things you can do to ease the process, as well as mitigating or even outright removing the pain associated with childbirth. It's your mind, and unless you constrain yourself to real-world logic, there's no reason to follow that when dealing with your tulpae's forms either.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

Spending Too Much Time Online

I agree on that, but there are good things with IRC too. It's the easiest way a tulpa can befriend others, and socializing with others that is not the host is just as healthy for a tulpa as showing them the outside world.

Assuming Immediate Sentience / Insta-tulpas

Just because the majority of people who stopped updating their logs also assumed sentience from the start, doesn't mean assuming sentience from the start makes it a higher chance for you to quit. Majority of those who quit could have had pony-tulpas too, it doesn't change anything. And who's to say that those who stopped updating their logs really quit? I don't hang around here much nor update my logs. Does that mean I've quit? No.

I'm also one of those guys who assumed sentience from the start, but that doesn't mean Lu was sentient from the start. But treating her and accepting her as sentient most likely let her grow quicker. Isn't that the point of narration; to talk to something until it sees itself as sentient? It's not like sentience just suddenly happens, it's most likely a slow process. From my point of view Lu walked around early, and talked in about two weeks. From her point of view she was always around. That doesn't mean she was sentient from the start though, and it doesn't really matter at this point.

Switching

You forgot the third reason; To finally sense your 6-7 month old tulpa realistically after 3-4 months of imposing without even a hint of it working.

Not everyone has your cool brain, JD1215.

Guest BrownSubmarine

Dante\ Observation affects experiment. If you say tulpa could have pure experience of using a body just by possessing it you probably have not been observed all the time you've been doing something. Even if I use body rarely I can really feel how it's affecting my behaviour, I would prefer to spend some time here only with Ann, not Kob. Yes, I would find body more pleasent to use if I could be in it alone.

See, I knew insta-tulpa, or as you stated, 'tulpa in a week' wasn't a true practice. Since I've been here, and I heard about all this 'sentient from the start' stuff, I was doubting that it actually was true. I mean, it simply can't be a true practice, it's impossible! No matter how much you force, you wont be able to make a complex, fully sentient being in a week. My guess is, it would probably take a month or so, but maybe not even then. Thank you for this information, I think I will go back to using the old methods, but I'll still act like my tulpa is sentient, because it does seem like it promotes faster sentience.

Also, I have a question... since I havn't really been doing any real forcing, is it possible I can change my tulpa's personality? I based her off of a pony, and after reading your thing, I decided maybe I should just make a totally original personality and form instead (though, it would still be a pony xD just not any pony from the show) because I don't want her to have identity issues... and I think I would make it a dude, just so I wont be tempted with sex

I have to admit one thing though, I am a bit bummed the sentience from the start thing isn't true. But I am glad that I learned about early on, and I still have a chance to fix things.