Can thought separation go too far?

Y'see, I made a point during early development to train my mind to think on 2 tracks at once, get this whole parallel processing thing working well in advance. I managed it for the most part, a few fuzzy or paused trains of thought here and there, but for the most part i got it down just right, and it worked great, Elly is perfectly capable of thinking of things that never occurred to me, reminding me of things I forgot, and vice versa, and neither one of us is ever more than 1 off on that ball-counting Flash thing.

The problem, however, is that...she sometimes has thoughts or ideas that are so far removed from my own lines of thinking that I actually can't perceive them, and I mean that in the most literal sense; Whenever she tries to explain her reasoning on these matters, either she finds herself unable to talk, or i just can't make out what she's saying. This only happens this way around; I can explain my own reasoning to her just fine.

This....is rather frustrating for both of us and we'd like a way to fix it, if anyone can think of anything?

Oh, and for the record, these thoughts are generally pretty reasonable and smart, it is not because she's having crazy alien thought processes. Most often it's just when she noticed something that I didn't.

EDit - Sorry, I made this in the wrong subforum by mistake. Can someone move it to Questions & Answers, please?

Tulpa:

Name: Elyse (Elly)

Birthday: 29th May, 2012

Physical description: 5"8 thin human girl. self-identified age 18. ~1ft, vivid red hair sometimes in a ponytail. light-skinned. green eyes.

Progress: entirely vocal, speaks often, but only 1 hallucination; her saying "Hiiii". Great at possession.

I'd like to suggest that in those cases what you think is a separate rational thought process is, in fact, intuition. Intuition is not rational and the process by which you arrive at a conclusion is both unconscious to you and unexplainable in terms of normal reasoning. Despite this it is still quite accurate and fast, usually more so than a rational thought process about the same matter.

I wouldn't suggest that you need to fix it. Intuition is a very powerful tool, and harnessing it for yourself would ultimately be beneficial.

I'd like to suggest that in those cases what you think is a separate rational thought process is, in fact, intuition. Intuition is not rational and the process by which you arrive at a conclusion is both unconscious to you and unexplainable in terms of normal reasoning. Despite this it is still quite accurate and fast, usually more so than a rational thought process about the same matter.

I wouldn't suggest that you need to fix it. Intuition is a very powerful tool, and harnessing it for yourself would ultimately be beneficial.

Indeed there are at least five forms of thought as far as I know.

(Note: the little pentagraphs represent 5 sticks arranged in various patterns: symbolic of different ways of thought. By that arrangement, a pentagon is for circular thinking, and a pentagram would be a sixth way of thinking possibly metaphysical).

Linear thought

-----

progresses from initial information in a step-by-step manner.

Intuition leaps across the intervening steps

-|||-

arriving at the conclusion and skipping the intervening steps (and so, is often difficult to explain).

Inspiration

\/_

/\

Draws from all directions to reach a a conclusion without a starting point.

Circular

/ \

\_/

Just keeps feeding back on itself, sometimes refining with each cycle.

Parallel

|||||

Thinks more then one thing at the same time.

These five modes of thought can be combined. (source : "The book of Rings" (a.k.a. The Ancient Art of War))

Edit: What you describe sounds like parallel: intuition inspiration and linear

\/_|||||-----

/\

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

Intuition is also something I have, and it feels different.

Further, whenever these things happens, it is not that Elly doesn't know how she knows something(which would be typical of intuition; You can't explain why, but you just know, right?) She most certainly does know how she knows, she just can't communicate it. It also tends to be far too specific. The most prominent example I can remember would be when I was playing phoenix wright; I was stuck, she was all "!!!!, i got it!", and then she suddenly couldnt tell me what she'd figured out. She just gave me step-by-step instructions to get me there(go back 2 statements, present, left left down, "objection!!! ^^"), instead of just....'present the newspaper when she talks about getting out of the car'. I got kind of confused since I couldn't see any relation at the time, but then Elly quite happily tells me to read page 2 of the newspaper. I do, and still don't see it, but i trust her and present it anyway, aaaand phoenix wright explains the whole thing for me, apparently I missed a single word about which side of a car the witness got out of.

I'd read through that thing quite a few times, all it took was me glancing over the word "right", and Elly noticing it. Her instructions and knowledge were far too specific for it to be intuition, and if it were I don't see why she'd be unable to finish the sentence "present the newspaper".

Tulpa:

Physical description: 5"8 thin human girl. self-identified age 18. ~1ft, vivid red hair sometimes in a ponytail. light-skinned. green eyes.

Progress: entirely vocal, speaks often, but only 1 hallucination; her saying "Hiiii". Great at possession.

Intuition is also something I have, and it feels different.

Further, whenever these things happens, it is not that Elly doesn't know how she knows something(which would be typical of intuition; You can't explain why, but you just know, right?) She most certainly does know how she knows, she just can't communicate it. It also tends to be far too specific. The most prominent example I can remember would be when I was playing phoenix wright; I was stuck, she was all "!!!!, i got it!", and then she suddenly couldnt tell me what she'd figured out. She just gave me step-by-step instructions to get me there(go back 2 statements, present, left left down, "objection!!! ^^"), instead of just....'present the newspaper when she talks about getting out of the car'. I got kind of confused since I couldn't see any relation at the time, but then Elly quite happily tells me to read page 2 of the newspaper. I do, and still don't see it, but i trust her and present it anyway, aaaand phoenix wright explains the whole thing for me, apparently I missed a single word about which side of a car the witness got out of.

I'd read through that thing quite a few times, all it took was me glancing over the word "right", and Elly noticing it. Her instructions and knowledge were far too specific for it to be intuition, and if it were I don't see why she'd be unable to finish the sentence "present the newspaper".

Seems we have different definitions of intuition. That's cool.

Though, the way you describe it, yes, it might just well be inspiration. It certainly sounds like an "Aha!" moment.

\/_

/\

(Inspiration)

Thank you so very much for sharing your tulpas moment with us.

And, to Elly: Thank you for looking after your human so well.

(Note: the little pentagraphs represent 5 sticks arranged in various patterns: symbolic of different ways of thought. By that arrangement, a pentagon is for circular thinking, and a pentagram would be a sixth way of thinking possibly metaphysical).

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

What you are describing is difficulty in conveying the result of the process, not the process itself. Your tulpa cannot say "newspaper" because you yourself do not know it, but she can mention familiar actions because you know them. The ideas that she conveys are phrased thus in terms that can be easily received, which is very much normal and probably experienced by nearly everyone, but nowhere does your example make mention of explaining the thought process itself.

Given this I cannot say what kind of thought process this is, only that it is irrelevant to the problem that you give in your example. Having said that, it simply seems that your tulpa spotted something that you didn't, so it's nothing special in itself. To rectify the communication issue, I would recommend the usual "work more"; talk more, or try auditory imposition.

What you are describing is difficulty in conveying the result of the process, not the process itself. Your tulpa cannot say "newspaper" because you yourself do not know it.

But why is that a problem? She has clearly thought(or in this case, saw) something, has retained that information, and is fully capable of communicating effectively.

Maybe it's just tulpish. Raw thought that isn't properly encoded and sent.

I don't have much of an issue understanding raw thought.

Oddly...because of intuition.

And, to Elly: Thank you for looking after your human so well.

[[Awww, thank yooouu!! ^^]]

Tulpa:

But why is that a problem? She has clearly thought(or in this case, saw) something, has retained that information, and is fully capable of communicating effectively.

She clearly cannot communicate effectively. I can't tell you why communication can work like this, because I don't know, only that it often does. Your experience is typical of many people who report their tulpas to be unable to tell them something that they don't expect. It might not happen all the time, but it certainly happens.