Reviving a "dead" tulpa

Kiahdaj

I assume that most people think that when a tulpa "dies" it simply "retreats" down, far into the subconscious, and never truly dies.

Okay, I can't say that I know what most people think in the matter, but from those that I've talked to about it, that seems to be roughly what they believe.

But anyway, what if that weren't the case? What if, after so much attention deprivation, or whatever the cause of "death" is, the tulpa actually died? Gone. Nothing left of it exists within your brain.

I think most people will tend to say that that can't happen, because you can revive a "dead" tulpa. But, what if by "reviving" them, you're actually inadvertently making a tulpa... Of your tulpa...

Your belief that they are still there, and already vocal, etc seems to me to be more than enough true belief for what people call an "insta-tulpa". You can even inadvertently give it memories. The ones that it should have remembered, if it really was your original tulpa.

And this new tulpa would have no idea that they weren't your first.

I'm not saying that this is the way it is, by any means. I just think it's an interesting topic, worth discussing.

Go.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Guest Anonymous

First of all we obviously can't know for sure what happens, so everything I'm saying is just my opinion wich can very well be wrong.

I think a tulpa can die, after a week or so it will only be unconscious at most, older and more developed tulpae might even not reced at all, but after a longer period of time, let's say 2 years,

I just remembered glitch's story, how long did Luna wander his subconscious? 2 years? maybe more? (glitch has a far more developed wonderland/subconscious than most of us though)

Ok, let's say 15 years, where you almost never think of the tulpa and the tulpa does not pay attention to itself:

15 years is a long time. Maybe all your life has been for some of you.

A very developed tulpa might survive for this long, after all severe traumas can last a life, and even if a tulpa isn't as drastic as said trauma I wouldn't say it's impossible for it to last all this time.

However I don't think what you would bring back would be the same as before, most of it would probably get lost or destroyed, maybe distorted.

But a younger tulpa, I don't think it has any chance of surviving that long.

About the memories, that would be very likely to happen, in fact I believe in many cases where a tulpa reports sentience before vocality these are (partially) just made up.

After all memories are pretty unreliable and can easily be distorted.

Again, this is just my humble opinion, and when we talk about tulpae it's almost all speculation based on reports of anonymous people over the internet, wich is one of the least reliable sources I can think of.

This falls under many criteria of subjects no one really understands. That is a good possibility of a tulpa of your tulpa, I don't think they're dead if they can be revived, that concept is just ludicrous. I'm not sure how far down the placebo effect goes. Maybe strong tulpas can outgrow the need for attention, maybe not, its hard to say because I know many tulpas will have many different answers, which doesn't add up.

Progress report

"You'll have a Tulpa because you didn't give up" -Koomer

Maybe strong tulpas can outgrow the need for attention, maybe not, its hard to say because I know many tulpas will have many different answers, which doesn't add up.

I don't believe even you or I can outgrow the need for attention.

I think the only chance a tulpa would have of survival is if they spent their life in the wonderland, and not just some void. And even then, the tulpa would have to want to live, in order to.

The tulpa would have to sustain its own life by believing in itself. This belief in theirself would be reinforced by things around it reacting to what they do. But then again, they might start to think that that doesn't matter, because the wonderland isn't actually real, anyway.

Eventually, the tulpa's belief in itself would begin to fade, and that's when they'd die.

That's how I see it.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

I think a tulpa can die, but like you said, it just goes into the unconscious. Only when you truly consciously forget everything about tulpas will it ever die. I have revived a tulpa before, but she wasn't really ever dead. I think we just don't have a word for the destruction of tulpas, so we just call it 'death.'

As for your topic, I don't see the difference between what you are saying and what most people believe. From a logical standpoint, reviving a tulpa would require the same amount of time as making one because you would have to make it sentient and thoughtful again. Also, a person is their memories. If I become permanently amnesiac when I finish typing this, I will have become a new person. My personality and all may change completely. If I never regain my memories, then the man I used to be would be gone. He, I, would be dead. Meaning, that a tulpa made with the memories, body, and personality as another is no different than the original. Meaning that they are, in fact, same.

As for your topic, I don't see the difference between what you are saying and what most people believe. From a logical standpoint, reviving a tulpa would require the same amount of time as making one because you would have to make it sentient and thoughtful again. Also, a person is their memories. If I become permanently amnesiac when I finish typing this, I will have become a new person. My personality and all may change completely. If I never regain my memories, then the man I used to be would be gone. He, I, would be dead. Meaning, that a tulpa made with the memories, body, and personality as another is no different than the original. Meaning that they are, in fact, same.

Don't yell at me guise, but

metaphysically speaking, they are in fact another entity.

I think a question that deserves to be asked is if you bring back a tulpa who was dissipated, is it still the same tulpa? I had thought that Naomi died and went to heaven, but it's very possible that she was simply relegated to my notion of heaven, and was simply living in a different part of my head. Or she may have been reconstructed.

I just remembered glitch's story, how long did Luna wander his subconscious? 2 years? maybe more? (glitch has a far more developed wonderland/subconscious than most of us though)

Closer to 6-10 months by my estimates, though she did spend roughly half of my high school career being nonexistent as far as I was concerned, and yet carrying on independently in my head.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

I think a question that deserves to be asked is if you bring back a tulpa who was dissipated, is it still the same tulpa?

I thought that was pretty much the exact question that I was asking..

I had thought that Naomi died and went to heaven, but it's very possible that she was simply relegated to my notion of heaven, and was simply living in a different part of my head.

I think it is entirely possible for there to be an "afterlife" in the wonderland. That reminds me of a question I was asked on tumblr the other day regarding my wonderland having an afterlife (due to the number of times Link has "died").

It does not, but that's most likely because my view on tulpa "death" is that it is simply dormancy and that a tulpa cannot truly die until the host dies. That said, different beliefs regarding tulpa death could very possibly lead to the creation of a wonderland "afterlife" in the case of a tulpa "dying".

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

• 3 years later...

Defibing another thread because I'm new and have my own set of opinions and whatnot and want to throw in my 2 cents, and so I'm starting to shorten my posts to save time and reading aside from creating new posts.

Tulpas are a part of you, You create them with thought/time/ and energy. they don't die, just re-absorbed energy. You have memories and essence of who/what they are. They can always be brought back. Personally, I would have no guilt in absorption, it's just a re-unification of your own energy.