Music Shadowing

NuAeon

I can't remember specific examples off the top of my head, but I do remember that there were instances in which people had said that their tulpa and them had very different music tastes. Of course, taste is influenced by experience, and tulpa behavior is influenced by expectation, so maybe these people just expected their tulpa to have a differing view from them, so they did.

Why does Tool keep being mentioned? I guess I need to look into that band then.

I'm beginning to believe that Tool being mentioned multiple times, and my earlier mention of YoNL, just goes to show that post-metal influenced music is some of the best stuff one could listen too for forcing. It's that gritty, trance like state that's ideal for a lot of us.

Persephone

Form--Human female (victorian era)

Imposing

does anyone's tulpa have different musical tastes than their host? Is that even possible? I would think so, but I'd enjoy some input.

That was definitely the case with me.

As Lacquer said, I assumed the clashes in preferences—be they media, musical or philosophical—were the result of my unconscious desires for a multifarious dynamic. But my 'tulpa' (I think archetypal umbra or psychic projection would be far more appropriate terms) was a completely incidental occurrence years ago. I was unaware of a so-called 'tulpamancy' subcultural (or countercultural) phenomenon. I had no solid preconceptions, no parameters to define what it was or was not.

The suspected 'selbstgeist' expressed no shortage of frustration with

I favored. 'He' would frequently attempt to goad me into playing pop music I didn't much care for, and he had an uncanny knack for introducing me to bands and musicians I hadn't known existed.

Also, despite my overwhelming lack of interest in the band, I anomalously associated the tunes-obsessed singing specter with Supertramp, particularly The Logical Song. And a very odd synth tune I'd been introduced to on Pandora, despite its copious amounts of pseudo-80s cheese, was the essence of his very soul.

I hadn't wanted any of these associations. I tried, but I never successfully persuaded him to become the gritty, underground hip-hop aficionado I would have preferred. He wasn't even my musical compliment or antithesis. He was just... odd.

In the end, it was music that elevated the experience to a whole new level of dazzling, brick-shitting existential consternation. Does that count as 'shadowing'?

Hmm interesting.

I made up the term "Music Shadowing." However, the concept not so much--that said, it was supposed to be a term for a sort of translation of music directly and indirectly to your tulpa while you listen to it; capturing sensations and all that.

I definitely would say what you described sounds like a variant of it.

Persephone

Imposing

Tool is really well known for their use of odd time signatures and emphasis on drumming, it's arguably the basis of their distinctive sound. Additionally, their singer has described the goal of his lyrics and a goal of the band in general to be "to connect with the listeners on a personal level; to encourage them to look within themselves for self-identity, understanding and reflection." It's not the usual heavy metal album about drugs and parties or mass genocide or devil worship or those other stereotypes.

I'd say it's the time signatures and drumming that makes them good to actually meditate to, I assume it's similar brainwave entertainment as binaural beats or isochronic tones but with a more "tribal" sound.

Post rock sounds like it'd be awesome to force too, it's like ambiance but with jazzy-rock stuff. I can't believe I didn't think of that.

A side note, but I love the other mentions to "alternative" bands like Animals as Leaders or Deftones or post rock in general. It gives me warm fuzzies.

Well Envo, I feel a lot less well-spoken with you around.

Anyway, I use music a lot. It's much easier to focus when I've got it going. I have a huge amphitheater I used to use to pump out music in the wonderland, but that's more of a hassle. So, I'll listen to music and either dance to it (or, we'll dance), or sing along while My Attorney plays the guitar or various other instruments to. Depends on the song. Alternatively, epic battles may ensue, involving the landscape, attacks, strikes, etc. working as visualizers for the music. I'm getting better at the visualizations for this, but I still haven't quite worked up to how good I use to be at it a few years back. Sometimes, we just listen. The music can help ease me into a visualizing state as well.

Lately, it's been Atoms For Peace, Radiohead, Garbage and SoGreatandPowerful. With a touch of Beethoven.

“Just sick enough to be totally confident”

-H.S.T.

"Same thing; a soul's made of stories, not actions."

Progress Report

Post rock sounds like it'd be awesome to force too, it's like ambiance but with jazzy-rock stuff. I can't believe I didn't think of that.

A side note, but I love the other mentions to "alternative" bands like Animals as Leaders or Deftones or post rock in general. It gives me warm fuzzies.

Post Rock gives really strange sensations to me when I'm listening to it, it just seems meant to be forced to in my opinion heh.

Progressive metal is actually really interesting as a whole depending on who you listen to; usually instrumental and "Space Metal" like electronic ambiance gives it a really interesting edge when forcing. I could go on.

Persephone

Imposing