What do you use to remind yourself?

So how do you remind yourself to narrate when your mind wanders? No matter how much I intend to spend every moment narrating, inevitably my mind goes in a different direction and leaves my tulpa behind. I eventually come back to it of course, but I'm trying to lessen these occurrences when I can. Right now I wear a ring, but even still I forget it's on all the time.

So how do you guys do it? Do you wear any specific things like a ring or a wrist band, or have some kind of alarm?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd considered a string around your finger, but I imagine that would be only about as effective as a ring.

You should just think to yourself what part of your body you see the most throughout the day.

And furthermore, where you spend most of your time in your house, or whatever.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

I bought a necklace the other day that I play with often. I've dedicated it to my tulpa, so it always reminds me to narrate.

You should just think to yourself what part of your body you see the most throughout the day.

Maybe a ring for your penor would work.

Host: Derm

Tulpa: {Drais} (In progress)

My Tumblr

I have a wristband with my tulpas name on it. Provided it wasnt as effective as i liked but i didnt see a better alternative. Shes around all the time no problem so now its used for reality checks

Progress report

"You'll have a Tulpa because you didn't give up" -Koomer

I actually came up with a method that helps me remember very recently (and by I, I actually mean my Tulpa Jasper)

I was reading a few guides in the Great Big List Of Guides thread when I came across NED's Leash Imposition Guide

After reading it both me and my Tulpa Jasper decided that it wasn't for us and moved on.

The next day however Me and Jasper were walking into town and Jasper mentioned that he had been thinking about "the leash thing" and gave me a bracelet. now when my mind starts wandering while forcing (both actively and passively) I get a picture of the bracelet pop up in my head which reminds me to force again.

So I basically have an imaginary bracelet my Tulpa gave me.

Guest Soft

Storm always wrote my name on his body to remember. It helped it was fluorescent.

I wear rubber bands on my left arm like a bracelet. It's probably a really stupid and ugly fashion choice, but screw proper fashion sense.

To be fair, the rubber bands have sorta lost their effectiveness recently. I guess when wearing something regularly you just forget it's there unless you make a really conscious effort to remember it or it's just too unorthodox to forget. That was the goal of using rubber bands, but as I said, it's losing effect.

Blech. I hate wearing things on my hands. Hell, I keep mu wristwatch in my pocket. I could never wear wristbands or rings for extended amounts of time.

Don't know what I'm going to do if I get married, though.

As for other people, I do judge. And I always dislike other people's wearing of wristbands.