Chatbox Moderation

Temp

Exactly, you came in, abused your power and your only reason you are giving is that you did it because you could and that is justified. Why? Probably because you're a mod. Because a lot of the other mods like you also think they are always automatically right because they are mods. If you were right, people wouldn't complain this much.

--requested post merge--

that took place afterwards in #tulpa.mods would be to join and immediately explain that it was an accident if it was.

Except that .mods isn't a good place to talk about this kind of thing, because the mods will always side with other mods and say they were right, no matter what. Nothing ever gets done there, either. It's pretty rare for a mere member to be understood and not stoned to death by mods. Or even worse, banned from the channel. Why are people getting banned from the only supposed channel meant for talking to and about mods when they do exactly that?

I'm not sure why that issue caused an hour long argument about the lack of clarity, because it was a mistake which was fixed (it's hardly a huge mistake, and please nobody try to tell me that we shouldn't make mistakes, because everyone makes mistakes sometimes).

And here another dude made a mistake and got warned for it. You're above your own rules here now, huh? Mistakes mean kicks, I hope you kicked yourself for that, it's only fair. Normal members aren't allowed to be made mistakes, mods must be above that. Not a surprise.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MegaBusta
If I started doing that, would you stop comparing someone being kicked from an IRC channel to someone being jailed as a terror suspect?

No, it would stop if you stop kicking people because of the way you "interpreted" their message.

If you were right, people wouldn't complain this much.

Exactly this.

Slushie, do you just think that everyone has so little to do with their lives, that they just want to pick on mods, because they're mods?

No. It's because there's something wrong with what's been going on.

If you don't see that, then you're part of the problem.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

But would you have said "no XD"?

In any case, regardless of his intention, that was the way it was interpreted, and that's good enough justification for his being kicked.

So you're telling me that misinterpretation is a good enough reason to be kicked from a channel?

How does that even have a single fucking shred of validity?

Protip: It doesn't.

A single emoticon is considered spam but a annoying badge the length of a bus isn't?

everyone

Actually it's a very vocal minority; and usually the same people every time.

Astral project on my face, brother!

We aren't picking on you, we're critiquing you.

We do this because the current status of the moderation team is doing a poor job and being very unfair. You pick favorites, kickban for the most redundant reasons, and silence anyone who has a opinion differing your own.

I meant everyone who is complaining, smartass.

And I can guarantee you that there are plenty of other people who have a problem with all of this, who just aren't saying anything.

In fact I was just talking to several people about it.

Don't act like we are the only ones who care.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

We aren't picking on you, we're critiquing you.

"I like penis" is constructive critique on what planet?

You... silence anyone who has a opinion differing your own.

Why isn't this thread locked then?

...also what is a "redundant reason"?

Astral project on my face, brother!

I see some valid complaints here. A kick SHOULD NOT be the first notice a user gets when they do something bad. Users should be warned verbally (like "please don't type in all caps, it's like SHOUTING"). If they ignore the warning and continue to do it, or mock the mod, they they might get warned again or kicked. A couple more kicks in a reasonable time period and they get temp-banned for a few hours or so. When banned, a user should be informed by PM (shows up in a tab at the top of the chat box if you use the one built into this site) how long they're banned for, and can further complain about it in #tulpa.mods.

A kick isn't the end of the world. It's like a slap on the wrist. Like "dead serious here, cut it out". You just rejoin the channel and go about your business.

Warnings will have your name in them so they should stand out. Most IRC clients display the whole message or your name in it in red to show this. If the channel is particularly busy, they may also be in bold. If many people are being warned, names won't be included in the message, but it may be colored or bolded to make it stand out.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)