The Destiny of a Tulpa (Pony)

Guest ExtraExtrapie

Guest ExtraExtrapie

Warning: Pony

I have been forcing for under a week and am still in the personality stage. However, my tulpa is a pony, and as such the personality has a great influence on the appearance of the pony. Therefore, I am designing my tulpa's form before I start the visualization stage. And so, my question is: should I give my tulpa a cutie mark?

I want my tulpa to be the master of her own being, and forcing her special talent upon her may not make her happy. However, is it even possible for a pony tulpa to get a cutie mark? Would not giving her a cutie mark leave her a confused blank-flank forever, always searching for a meaning in her life but unable to find it because she is a tulpa? And so, I ask those with a pony tulpa: Did you give your tulpa a cutie mark? If the answer is yes, then are they happy with it (explain)? If not, did they find their special talent and get a cutie mark, or are they still a blank flank (if so, how do they feel about this)?

Thanks for your help!

-ExtraExtrapie

PS: I outlined my tulpa in the pony creator (http://24.media.tumblr.com/5b730975a70472781930eb216b10bdb8/tumblr_mms112uIPK1sq67bpo1_500.png) and use that image for when I force her. However, if I get distracted for a second, I end up imagining Milky Way (the milk mare milkmare-of-trottingham.tumblr.com). Is this just my ADD and hormones, or is it the tulpa? I don't think she's sentient yet, but I can feel her presence.

Guest Anonymous

About the cutie mark, I only see it as necessary if you would rigidly follow the rules set in the mlp world, wich would probably be more detrimental to her being herself than anything.

It can always be added later anyway, so that's not a problem.

Can't really say anything about the other one, I'm not an experienced tulpamancer (another word we should change, sounds spooky), and anything I would say would just be my opinion based on a guess.

Thinking that the cutie mark will change your tulpa's destiny... I don't know, I think it's like giving it a backstory in a way, which is something people don't usually suggest. Just assume that the cutie mark is a simple drawing, not representative of anything, and not forcing the tulpa to do something it doesn't wish to do. This also means that just because your pony tulpa has no cutie mark does not mean it has no talent and/or has not found its "special talent" yet.

Also, if the Tulpa doesn't like its cutie mark, remember that forms are in no way permanent, and that it'll just ask you to change it. Actually, it could probably do it itself anyway.

Pix's form was based off my OC, and as such she has a game design cutie mark. This has not affected her in any way, nor has she shown any indication that she cares about it. I am planning to let her design her own mark once we get the chance (maybe once she's good enough at possession that she can draw it herself), but really, it's just a tattoo. Tulpae aren't ponies, even if they look like them. Their "form" is just an "outfit" that helps us interact with them. If it bothers you, leave it blank until she can tell you what she wants. Otherwise, just pick something nice and tell her she can change it if she wants.

Guest ExtraExtrapie

I'm not an experienced tulpamancer (another word we should change, sounds spooky)

Lol, everyone I have said that word to thinks its a gay sex bondage kink.

Just assume that the cutie mark is a simple drawing, not representative of anything

The problem is, I want it to be representative of something. However, like you say later, me or my tulpa could always change it.

/r/ponytulpaproblems

I couldn't find it.

Guest MegaBusta

Regardless of cutie mark or lack thereof, if your tulpa wants one or wants to change it, they'll get one or change it.

It was a joke poking fun at the silly pointlessness of this thread.

A concerned tulpamancer asking a completely serious question which concerns them greatly about the health of their future tutlpa is never, ever pointless. You're a very opinionated man, which I'm sure many people, including I, appreciate, but there comes a few topics where you might want to exercise restraint.

Regardless of cutie mark or lack thereof, if your tulpa wants one or wants to change it, they'll get one or change it.

Quite right, in my opinion.

It was a joke poking fun at the silly pointlessness of this thread.

It may be serious and pointless to you but obviously it was a serious question to the poster and deserved to be respectfully replied to. The poster was seriously thinking about their Tulpa, something which people should do.. only to then to have things made fun of. You show a complete lack of respect and manners towards others.

Your post carries the implication that the poster is being silly themselves having silly questions. I dont know if you are aware but what you do is a form of trolling (posting posts for no reason at all but only to stir people up). Stuff like that ruins websites and get things off topic. I wonder why you are here.. you dont have a Tulpa and you just seem to constantly say things to stir people up.

Im not at all into pony Tulpa either but that is no reason to treat others poorly.

Jesse (human male) DOB 16th April 2013 

Working on imposition