Can a wonderland be imposed to reality like the tulpa?

I am just asking. Is it possible to impose a wonderland or its scenery to reality the same way a tulpa is imposed or visualized? Has anyone tried it?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest applesauce99

Maybe like a couch or a table or some kind of small object, but otherwise I'm pretty sure that's classified as a mental illness when you start to live in a world that is only in your head. I think it's schizo, but I dunno.

It's possible, but why would you do it? If you interact with things that don't exist that's a littletoo far out of my comfort range. I'm more along the idea of lucid dreaming for that kind of question.

Maybe like a couch or a table or some kind of small object, but otherwise I'm pretty sure that's classified as a mental illness when you start to live in a world that is only in your head. I think it's schizo, but I dunno.

It's possible, but why would you do it? If you interact with things that don't exist that's a littletoo far out of my comfort range. I'm more along the idea of lucid dreaming for that kind of question.

It was really just a thought. To be honest, the question popped in my head after playing Alice: Madness Returns lol.

But yeah, I wasn't thinking of interacting stuff, but more like scenery and aesthetics that go with reality; I wasn't thinking of an absolute replacement.

Imagine how difficult it is to impose one fully detailed figure, now imagine how difficult it would be to impose and entire landscape. I'm sure its possible, but you have to be a fucking monk.

"Your parents will never be magic talking horses"

-Anonymous

Aaand we had another thread on this... again.

Or maybe we didn't and just talked about it over the IRC. I remember Dane talking about it once.

Anyway, the conclusion was that it's indeed possible and someone should try doing it as an experiment.

someone should try doing it as an experiment.

I almost want to try that, but I'm pretty sure hallucinating over my entire environment would be the point where I lose touch with reality entirely. I already have a talking cartoon insisting that I draw him. That's honestly enough for me.

I think the idea is one with merit as long as you deal with it properly. Obviously just replacing your reality with a false one is probably not too good for your mental health. However, what if you went about constructing it like you would a virtual reality or game? Shooting zombies in a video game is good fun, so what if instead of sitting down in front of your computer/game console you conjured up a hallucinatory game world where you could interact in a much more realistic way? Though I think you'd probably have to deal with the real-world logistics of that as well so you don't end up sprinting head-first into walls, knocking over tables, and suplexing the neighbor's dog. It seems to me with enough training at it, you might just end up with what could be the best video game system of all.

The mind can do amazing things indeed. I was actually thinking something along the lines of a stress reducer, as in changing the environment to maybe become a bit more calmer in visuals some way, rather than the way we see it. An example would be changing the night sky to something more amazing, or the colors of plants to different things. A whole environment change such as adding stuff like weird forms of scenery such as unrealistic trees, or perhaps animate things like, in Taco's case, zombies, would be indeed amazing for anyone, but the implications have a risk of losing touch with reality, like most people are saying in this thread.

I thought about this as well. Creating an entire environment would obviously be very difficult, but it seems to me that you could impose your wonderland upon an empty closet or the like. Would be something fun to try when I'm done with my Tulpa.