What causes one's Tulpa to dislike them?

I know that if you only have intensions of having sex with your tulpa this can cause a negative affect on them. I'm only asking because I've read about some tulpas that actually hate their hosts, though the creator did nothing to cause this. It just happened. So what do you think happened? How do Tulpas malfunction somehow?

Name: Alec

Form: Human

Progress: Vizualisation and narrating

Well, what causes a person to dislike another person? Think about that, and you've got some answers.

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

There's an awful lot if people out here «sharing» experiences they had with a tulpa who hated them, that's true.

The problem is : out here is mostly 4chan/omegle/something similar. These are places where some people tend to naturally hate each other, so I would not be surprised if those «warnings» were some kinds of creepypastas they were trying to create, for I've seen some highly unlikely stories and/or stories following the perfect line of an introspective horror movie.

That said, I didn't create my tulpa for the purpose of sex (we're both straight males) and I think a tulpa gaven life for that sole purpose might turn out as a servitor easily. That's not a real problem though.

There's another thing. If your tulpa provides you social interaction and sex, don't you fear you would cut yourself from other people, as long as you would not be needing anyone anymore ?

I know a relationship isn't all about sex, but this is almost the only thing a tulpa might not be able to provide.

I think the relationship between the host and his tulpa can go wrong when both of them spend almost all their time with each other and nobody else. And this is general, it doesn't only apply to tulpae.

A not nice personality eg one filled with hate and malice could cause a tulpa to hate its host.Tulpas personalities should be well thought out.

Jesse (human male) DOB 16th April 2013 

Working on imposition

I think the relationship between the host and his tulpa can go wrong when both of them spend almost all their time with each other and nobody else. And this is general, it doesn't only apply to tulpae.

Do you mean what both tulpa and host will grow tired of each other because of over interaction?

現実に抗え!

Do you mean what both tulpa and host will grow tired of each other because of over interaction?

I'm not saying that will happen in any and every case but I think it might be possible. And that's kind of a warning. Don't cut yourself from people who aren't in your head.

I'm not saying that will happen in any and every case but I think it might be possible. And that's kind of a warning. Don't cut yourself from people who aren't in your head.

I've been a little bit worried about that possibility from day one. I think that's one of the many reasons I've come to have multiple tulpas around. Kind of a fail-safe, since now I have others to spend time focusing on and working with, ensuring that inadvertently overdoing it with my first tulpa isn't a possibility.

It didn't happen that way because I only want to associate with tulpas, but because there are periods wherein I don't talk to anyone and nobody talks to me for days or even a week at a time (a common occurrence with the types of folks my friends and family are). It sure beats the empty silence I used to deal with.

"You've got to believe to achieve." -Hank Hill

I don't think you should worry about a tulpa hating you, in fact if you worry about it too much and think that your tulpa will hate you it probably would happen, but i still doubt it. Make sure you have good intentions when creating a tulpa, much like with a child.

I know that if you only have intensions of having sex with your tulpa this can cause a negative affect on them.

The "sex makes your tulpa a succubus who will rape you all day" thing was made up by FAQ_Man to discourage horny foreveralone 4channers from making a tulpa just to have sex with. This has been disproven repeatedly -- many have had sex with a tulpa, even regularly, and even with sex on the mind during creation, with no ill effects. Still, there are two potential pitfalls here:

• It can potentially lead to a relationship built only on sex. Exactly the same applies to a real-life relationship.
  • Making a tulpa just for sex isn't good. This is a being who will be living with you for your entire life, so you need to develop a healthy relationship. The tulpa knowing they were made just to satisfy your urges, that their purpose in life is to be a living sex doll, doesn't form a good base for this relationship.

I'm only asking because I've read about some tulpas that actually hate their hosts, though the creator did nothing to cause this. It just happened. So what do you think happened? How do Tulpas malfunction somehow?

As far as I can see, a combination of things:

• Host hating himself and thinking on some level that nobody could like him. This expectation can get forced into the tulpa subconsciously.
  • Severely mistreating the tulpa, making them come to despise you.
  • Plain old misunderstandings. One party makes an honest mistake, the other takes it personally, and it escalates from there.

In many cases, with work the host and tulpa can come to some understanding and work out a way to coexist.

Most people fully expect the tulpa to be a close friend and treat them with little other than love. This builds an emotional bond with strong empathy, and being in the same brain lets this empathy be stronger than anything between two physical humans. All this makes both host and tulpa a lot more able to understand and overlook any mistakes or flaws in the other.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Guest Anonymous

It's hard to make a tulpa hate you unless you want them to hate you, or their anger is misguided into hatred. Plus, if you give someone a reason to hate you, as fennecgirl (HI FENNECGIRL) said, then you have what's coming to you. If you believe a tulpa will love you, and give them reason to love you as well, hate won't really be an issue. Again, as I mentioned, hate can be misguided... for example, Snow and Celicia claimed to hate me at one point simply because of relation issues and frustration that I was more or less related to. It got better... which leads to the fact that if you want a tulpa to forgive you, then chances are if you put in the effort to be forgiven, you'll be... well, forgiven.