Conflicting steps

I am currently at a standstill today not knowing what I should do next. Today, I'm just going to review the topics previously covered in my tulpa's creation: personality, visualization, touch, and smell.

As for what to cover tomorrow, this is where I am left confused. I have been following Faqman's guide to Tulpa Creation, but I feel uncomfortable beginning body language before sentience. I understand that sentience is achieved through narration, but I'm unsure if there's anything else other than narration to give my tulpa sentience. After looking at what others wrote about body language, it's another parroting hazard which I wish to avoid at all costs.

My most recent steps have been touch and smell combined, but I do not wish to combine narration and body language. Touch and smell were combined because they were part of discerning primal senses. I feel like even though this task is going to be difficult, I have 2 or 3 months to work on my tulpa. That should be more than enough time for my tulpa to be complete, what with the progress I've already made.

TL;DR What stage should I start with my non-sentient tulpa? Narration or body language?

I want to make a tulpa. That's why I'm here.

Tulpa Name: Shai, ✓Personality, ✓Visualization, ✓Touch, ✓Smell, Body Language and Sentience ❑

I hit the same block as you after I finished smell and touch. Personally, I chose to narrate before I worked on body language.

I hit the same block as you after I finished smell and touch. Personally, I chose to narrate before I worked on body language.

Why don't you tell me in detail what you did for narration?

Tulpa Name: Shai, ✓Personality, ✓Visualization, ✓Touch, ✓Smell, Body Language and Sentience ❑

Just go straight to narration and do body language after. It doesn't feel right to you to do body language at this point, so why do it, right?

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

It doesn't feel right to you to do body language at this point, so why do it, right?

I agree. Did you do this as well with Clair?

Clair was sentient before I directly worked on visualization (or body language, for that matter) at all.

Clair was sentient before I directly worked on visualization (or body language, for that matter) at all.

I wish I was that lucky...for me and others it feels as though sentience is the most difficult step of all. To set personality guidelines and have them followed through by an outside force...that must be astonishing to behold.

How many hours before she was able to talk to you naturally?

I'm no good with time at all; I'm afraid I can't really provide an estimate. I didn't keep track and I don't really remember.