PSA: Don't Call People Roleplayers

fennecgirl

tl;dr but not talking about problems is one of the surest ways to perpetuate them.

The goal of political correctness is to ignore problems by pretending they aren't there but that does not make them go away.

Who said we shouldn't talk about it? I surely didn't. We're talking about it right now.

I never once said we should pretend the problem isn't there. I said we should leave those who cause it do their own devices. If we do that, they'll be no reason for them to cause any problems because they're not gaining anything from it and would instead just be wasting their time.

Though, yes, I do admit, it will not rid of the problem completely. But it's redundant to say any solution will, so that's not relevant.

Pruria Joal (Pegasus)

Working on: Imposition

Hieldy (Moogle)

Working on: Possession/imposition

Samantha (Griffon)

Working on: Deafness/form

And please, call me G.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't tell people they're role playing...? Way to blue pill it guys. Most of us probably re rping

'Way to blue pill it guys.'' That made me chuckle, and is really clever, can I use that? I'm using it sometime. And true, the entire tulpa community is just a ruse. We're keeping the media off Fade while he develops death tones to be use in audiowarfare, for the upcoming WWIII between North and South Korea of course. The Danes are fighting for Kim.

The issue isn't that we're blue pilling, it's that we've tried to red pill it on people that are actually tulpaforcers and it's had negative affects on them as a result.

My point exactly. I might like to apply the jurisdictional concept of 'beyond unreasonable doubt' and the other one where everyone must agree before a verdict is reached, (absolute verdict? Is it? See '12 Angry Men'; also an amazing movie.)

it's what morgan freeman said and you concurred

Freeman is god.

And on a more serious note. I'd rather you make a rebuttal to my post rather than a mock. If you want to reply to a serious post—especially one regarding one of you own—but have nothing to say, then don't say anything.

Pruria Joal (Pegasus)

Hieldy (Moogle)

Samantha (Griffon)

And please, call me G.

You ask any professional animal trainer

(Cesar Millan, our holy savoir, please show us the way)

or child minder the best way to deal with those who crave attention? You ignore them. Without attention they'll get bored and leave. I thought we all knew where the term 'attention seeker' is derived from; come on people!

If you see a roleplayer, just move on, they'll give up eventually.

Those situations arent comparable as you cant train anything even an animal or child can become impossible to train, if there are always many others around who are encouraging the one with the bad behaviour

eg say you are teaching your toddler not to swear, its just not going to work if others are around encouraging the behaviour in some way..

Also with an animal or child.. the person doing the ignoring also holds some meaning to the one being trained.. with a pet its usually its owner, with a child a parent or teacher.. the trainers are held in respect. In a website thou the person with the bad behaviour will just then attention seek from others, they dont give a crap if there is a group who is ignoring them when others arent, they hold no respect at all towards those ignoring them.

Unfortunately even if trying to get others to ignore an attention seeker, there will ALWAYS be someone on a website giving the attention seeker the attention they seek and for attention seekers even just one person believing them and giving them attention is often enough for them and can keep a website "fun" for them.

Jesse (human male) DOB 16th April 2013 

Working on imposition

I didn't say anything mocking, and I was being serious. I think you misunderstood.

What Morgan Freeman said was wrong, and you agreed with him, but then said you didn't.

Who said we shouldn't talk about it? I surely didn't. We're talking about it right now.

Which is why I said that not talking about problems is one of the surest ways to perpetuate them. So his philosophy is wrong, and you are too, if you agree with him.

Which is why I said that not talking about problems is one of the surest ways to perpetuate them. So his philosophy is wrong, and you are too, if you agree with him.

There's a distinct difference between discussing the problem at hand and causing it. This thread is a controlled environment where there are no accusations but instead discussion. The philosophy still stands.

Pruria Joal (Pegasus)

Hieldy (Moogle)

Samantha (Griffon)

And please, call me G.

no it doesnt because he said not to talk about a problem

you agreed

this is a very simple thing to understand. I'm not explaining it to you anymore. Think about it for a moment and cease your emotional attachment to this dumb argument. You're wrong.

peace

Argument thread?

Argument thread.

The mere existence of this thread eliminates the essence of social progress.

SETTLE ON A SOLUTION, DAMMIT!

"DUDE! That's wrong! You don't do that! That's like giving a kid a knife and telling him that it's a neck massager!"

Shameless self promotion!