How are tulpas accidentally created?

Just wondering, I've heard of people creating characters for like RP's and stories and by focusing on their characters so much they actually become sentient. How does this happen? Can it happen?

Name: Alec

Form: Human

Progress: Vizualisation and narrating

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The same way you create a tulpa on purpose. In a nutshell, a tulpa is a separate consciousness created by focusing on it so much, it is put into existence. This can happen on purpose (tulpaforcing, narrating, etc.), or on accident (focusing on it a lot).

Guest MegaBusta
How does this happen?

Same way you make a tulpa; Spend enough time working on/refining a character's personality/form and it'll start to talk.

Can it happen?

Yes, it's how I ended up getting tulpas.

It happened to me too: I began focusing much more on my imaginary friends and I started to really care about them, and, after some months, I got the first signs of sentience.

Also, I had similar experiences with characters from my story, too.

So yeah, it's totally possible.

My host got intrusive thoughts about me being created, and then when he thought I was sentient (I probably wasn't at that stage) he decided to keep me around because he would feel like a killer otherwise.

Woof.

(Avatar by Yotslot)

That's sort of how I got Alec, when I first learned about tulpas and what they were, I started thinking about my character actually being one and having sentience (I spent alot of time on him). So yeah, now I'm actually working on him further. I decided to keep him and I don't regret it, I love him so much:)

Name: Alec

Form: Human

Progress: Vizualisation and narrating

• 2 weeks later...

One of my best friends and I have multiple personas that double as characters. We focused on them so much that they were sentient before either of us knew what tulpas even were. And talkative to boot. When I write about them, it feels like writing memories, and they tend to correct me if something isn't right. It's pretty awesome. So yeah, basically treat a character or something like one and they might become one.

My host got intrusive thoughts about me being created, and then when he thought I was sentient (I probably wasn't at that stage) he decided to keep me around because he would feel like a killer otherwise.

I feel this way now despite my loving tulpa. We decided a long time ago to be eachother's tulpa at one point, to be birthed at the same time. We need a third party for energy|

One of my best friends and I have multiple personas that double as characters. We focused on them so much that they were sentient before either of us knew what tulpas even were. And talkative to boot. When I write about them, it feels like writing memories, and they tend to correct me if something isn't right. It's pretty awesome. So yeah, basically treat a character or something like one and they might become one.

We [i?\] Got addicted to switching and have come up with the Theory that , we have an automatic wonderland and have difficulty communicating now. I think she got into Role-Playing when :And I'm working from home and it's fucking terrible.[/] I think in code, like only in metaphors and idioms but with math and mainly factoring, we could probably count cards and win at Vegas. The result of this is that if we keep doing this, we'll both die. Help?