How are tulpas accidentally created?

Guest Anonymous

Perhaps I'm the only one in this boat, but I refuse to believe that anyone can "accidentally" create a tulpa. For a few reasons. First, many of the tulpalamas that are "accidental" still started out as NPCs in the wonderland... and even further, many of these characters are ones the host has seen before (though I couldn't say for certain outside of what I've witnessed in some hosts). I do believe NPCs show up in the wonderland from time to time, or in some cases almost frequently, but I also have a firm belief that the host is the one who consciously makes them a tulpa, using the "accidental tulpa" excuse to say "whoops, I've got 20 tuppers now, silly me" (and in my opinion have more interesting PRs, and gain attention, but that's another complaining chaining for another day).

There are people who's tulpalamas make tulpalamas, but that's not accidental. That still was intentional.

As for RPers... real RPers don't exactly see their tulpalamas as real. And if they do, they must intentionally want to be able to make contact with them, therefore they want a tulpa without knowing they want a tulpa. Granted that could count as an accidental tulpa, but at the same time the intention to create is still there, even if you don't know you're creating something known as a tulpa. You're still building their personality, and your still creating them with conscious thought.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted that could count as an accidental tulpa, but at the same time the intention to create is still there, even if you don't know you're creating something known as a tulpa. You're still building their personality, and your still creating them with conscious thought.

Huh, I'm tired and your post hurt my brain a little. xD

Still, pretty intresting. Yeah, I could see somebody RP'ing and point blank not believing tulpas were real (not disbelieving, just seeing the whole thing as RP) untill they end up putting so much thought, time and energy into their character they actually do create a tulpa...

That would actually be pretty damn terrifying on reflection, going into it thinking it's just a load of people playing around and then your character starts talking to you in your head...

"Do I fear death? Absolutely, only because it's disappointing. Life is so amazing to witness and be a part of. If I could live until the stars die and the universe goes cold, I would do it just because I want to know how the story unfolds and if it actually ends at all or we keep finding a way."

A couple of theories that I've heard of and seen, but I can't explain my own unintentional tulpa.

1)Making a very realistic servitor into a tulpa/ mistaking them for a tulpa and treating them as such, thus forcing them into a tulpa.

2)Allowing stray thoughts to become tulpas

I suppose the latter is the closest I can think of for my unintentional, Jaz.

She detailed her sentience before she was capable of speaking to me.

It... isn't pretty.

The original edgelord gone soft.

I have a guide, check it out here if you want:

https://pastebin.com/FEJsxNVQ

• 6 months later...

The same way you create a tulpa on purpose. In a nutshell, a tulpa is a separate consciousness created by focusing on it so much, it is put into existence. This can happen on purpose (tulpaforcing, narrating, etc.), or on accident (focusing on it a lot).

the latter is how twi came to be. i never intended to make a tulpa (didn't know anything about them at the time), but i did think about twilight Sparkle a lot. i kinda became obsessed about her, many nights wishing i could. talk to her and to just be with her. i ended up having a thourough headcanon based on the episodes and all the fanfics I've read, and i guess my head filled in the rest. one day, i heard her voice address me. i looked into it and realized. that maybe i had the beginning stages of a tulpa. excited, i kept going with it.

if it feels good and it doesn't hurt anyone, then its ok with me.

tulpa : twilight

species: pony (unicorn)

sentience: confirmed

age 22 birthday: july 22

personality: studious, organized, introverted , loves to read, friendly.

I'm curious, has anyone ever accidentally created a tulpa through method acting?

"Don't listen to friends when the friend inside you says 'Do this.'" -Gandhi

Tulpa Name: Ellie

Created: 11/13/13

I'm curious, has anyone ever accidentally created a tulpa through method acting?

through method acting? that would be interesting, unless their character was violent .

the latter is how twi came to be. i never intended to make a tulpa (didn't know anything about them at the time), but i did think about twilight Sparkle a lot. i kinda became obsessed about her, many nights wishing i could. talk to her and to just be with her. i ended up having a thourough headcanon based on the episodes and all the fanfics I've read, and i guess my head filled in the rest. one day, i heard her voice address me. i looked into it and realized. that maybe i had the beginning stages of a tulpa. excited, i kept going with it.

so, i can say it wasn't entirely accidental, due to the fact i wanted her to exist.

if it feels good and it doesn't hurt anyone, then its ok with me.

tulpa : twilight

species: pony (unicorn)

sentience: confirmed

age 22 birthday: july 22

personality: studious, organized, introverted , loves to read, friendly.

Guest Anonymous

There's no such thing as an accidental tulpa. More often than not, it's the host's own fault for doing so and... well virtually having no will power.

First off, most accidental tulpalamas usually come after the first or second mind you. This is because a tulpa is easier to develop because you've already gotten over the subconcious hump of believing such a thing can even happen.

These alleged "accidental" tulpalamas more commonly than not come from impulse thoughts that may pop into your head of a form you might like. And often it's disgustingly superficial. Now for people who are stupid, someone will automatically think "WELP. I HAVE NEW TULPA NOW" without considering that it may just be an impulse thought, and without argument take up the responsibility in taking care of them.

In order to create a tulpa, "intent" is required. Accidents are not intentional. If a new tulpa comes up, someone is to blame and usually it's the host.

• 3 months later...

Hi. I'm new here and not really sure what to say.

I find this concept fascinating and for my own reasons maybe a little terrifying. I'll possibly go into why terrifying after I get an answer to a couple questions.

I guess the first thing I'd like to ask is this. Is it possible for someone to accidentally create a tulpa?

My second question goes like this. Is it possible to create a tulpa with something other than (what would be a good way to put it) actual communication? Perhaps with an emotion or other kinds of feelings?

I guess the first thing I'd like to ask is this. Is it possible for someone to accidentally create a tulpa?

My second question goes like this. Is it possible to create a tulpa with something other than (what would be a good way to put it) actual communication? Perhaps with an emotion or other kinds of feelings?

I've copied your introductory post here, as it is more likely to get answers. (You might try the search function too.)

Yes, a tulpa can be accidentally created, by applying a lot of effort to a character or an imagining. If sufficient time and effort is taken, people have managed to make a tulpa without knowing what they were doing. So, in that sense, yes a tulpa can be accidental.

Well, as to your second part of the question, I believe that emotion could be something that could help towards tulpa making. I'll use a personal example. Kevin (my human) once took a copy of his 'negative' side (all the so-called 'bad' emotions) and made it into a tulpa. We call him Watchdog 3. Strangely he's more 'Dr Jekyll' then 'Mr Hyde' (seems when you do that experiment for real, you might get either result, not always Hyde as you might expect).

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for my very late reply. For some reason I thought that I had already replied but apparently I did not. The time has however given me a chance to begin working with my tulpa.

The full reason that I ask is that many years ago I developed a problem with a very strong sense of self-loathing that continues to this day. As it grew I took the feeling of love and care that I assume most people feel for themselves and projected to toward a formless notion of who I wished I could be.

Over time I felt something in my mind. It sort of felt like something slithering around. I don't recall when or really why but I thought that it was something bad. I was afraid of it so I locked it away in a cage in the back of my mind.

For so many years I could feel it clawing and screaming to get out. I'm not a religious person and I'm very skeptical of anything supernatural but I felt like I had some kind of demonic possession happening.

Despite this I carried it with me and always felt that love for it that I believe had spawned it from the beginning.

After I heard of tulpas I started reading and contemplating the notion. I gave it a lot of serious thought. Finally I struggled to picture it in my mind. This dark and nearly formless creature locked in a cage. I pictured it trapped in there and then broke down the cage setting it free.

It has been very quiet since then. I talk to it when I can but I'm unsure if it's actually there listening or if the few fleeting notions I get in response are just me answering myself.