kakeli's Guide To Better Visualization

kakeli

Question

[align=center]Guide To Better Visualization

Okay, so I've noticed on the IRC, Tumblr, Tulpa.info, Reddit, etc., that one of the community's most problematic things is visualization. Some people can't visualize things as fine as the texture of the hair, to the outline of the body. We have all had this problem, and some things work, but under some conditions, we can't use them. If your tulpa isn't moving or talking, or you can't visualize at all, some techniques are literally impossible to do. When this happens, there is no where to turn, and you can't do anything. I made this guide to help with that, and literally everyone can do this, no matter what stage you are at. When you are reading a book, you sometimes get so into the book that you forget that you are in the real world, and you imagine the book happening. I figured that you could do this with visualizing your tulpa and or wonderland.

All you have to do is write a descriptive (UNIT OF WRITING HERE) about your tulpa. This can vary from a paragraph to an essay, but I recommend at minimum, do 5 paragraphs, one for each sense (yes, taste too. It will be weird if you ever bite them and they taste like nothing.) I recommend doing 2 pages, which can cover nearly every detail, but once again, do whatever feels right. This needs to describe their form, and nothing whatsoever about anything else.

Next, read that paper to yourself, but read it as if it were a very fascinating book. Get lost in the description, and put it together in your mind as you read. After this, you should be able to see a great visualization of your tulpa, or at least a rough draft.

This works, because you do this exact thing when ever you read. Imagine Harry Potter getting on his broomstick, or Eragon getting on Saphira. You can recall this so good, because you read about it, and you visualized this happening. This is also training open eye visualization, so you can do it whenever you want to force.

I hope this helped someone, and don't mind posting your feedback below![/align]

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guest Anonymous

Approved for tips.

"If your tulpa isn't moving or talking, or you can't visualize at all, some techniques are literally impossible to do."

Like sands said and some know, some people can't even visualize scenes as they read them in a book, but instead have an awareness of what is happening. This guide isn't for them so much as people lacking immersion or focus. For people who can't see at all, methods like staring at basic 2d shapes then reconstructing the memory will be their starting point. This guide is reliable, but not quite valid for part of the intended audience as advertised.

This is definitely not a full guide but basically a single tip that could be written in even less words than it has here. I'd put this in the tips and tricks forum.

Also, I'm not sure how well this will work for the people with some serious issues with visualization, such as you know, not even being able to imagine a scene from a book. But for some, this will be a helpful tip. I would also suggest adding a reminder than you could also draw your tulpa from multiple angles if you're a better drawer than a writer. It's easy to visualize using images when you can just remember the picture you made when you are starting to lose focus of the form. Or maybe that's just me.

I'll agree with Sands here. I think it depends on you as a person; obviously some people will be better at imagining something a different way that isn't by reading words on paper. Regardless, this is a good tip so I will also approve it for tips and tricks.

"Assert the supremacy of your Imaginal acts over facts and put all things in subjection to them... Nothing can take it from but your failure to persist in imagining the ideal realized."

-Neville Goddard