kakeli's Guide To Better Visualization

kakeli

Question

[align=center]Guide To Better Visualization

Okay, so I've noticed on the IRC, Tumblr, Tulpa.info, Reddit, etc., that one of the community's most problematic things is visualization. Some people can't visualize things as fine as the texture of the hair, to the outline of the body. We have all had this problem, and some things work, but under some conditions, we can't use them. If your tulpa isn't moving or talking, or you can't visualize at all, some techniques are literally impossible to do. When this happens, there is no where to turn, and you can't do anything. I made this guide to help with that, and literally everyone can do this, no matter what stage you are at. When you are reading a book, you sometimes get so into the book that you forget that you are in the real world, and you imagine the book happening. I figured that you could do this with visualizing your tulpa and or wonderland.

All you have to do is write a descriptive (UNIT OF WRITING HERE) about your tulpa. This can vary from a paragraph to an essay, but I recommend at minimum, do 5 paragraphs, one for each sense (yes, taste too. It will be weird if you ever bite them and they taste like nothing.) I recommend doing 2 pages, which can cover nearly every detail, but once again, do whatever feels right. This needs to describe their form, and nothing whatsoever about anything else.

Next, read that paper to yourself, but read it as if it were a very fascinating book. Get lost in the description, and put it together in your mind as you read. After this, you should be able to see a great visualization of your tulpa, or at least a rough draft.

This works, because you do this exact thing when ever you read. Imagine Harry Potter getting on his broomstick, or Eragon getting on Saphira. You can recall this so good, because you read about it, and you visualized this happening. This is also training open eye visualization, so you can do it whenever you want to force.

I hope this helped someone, and don't mind posting your feedback below![/align]

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have to agree with Xeare here. As a writer myself, I can attest to the fact that the beauty of books and words is how much they leave up to the reader visualization-wise, which is a problem for what we're trying to do here. Writing down a description of anything, tulpa, wonderland, or otherwise, can really only help your visualization in the very early stages, and requires some ability to visualize in order to even attempt it.

That said, I think there would be another reason to write down a vivid description of your tulpa's form, a wonderland, or whatever else you want to 'see': consistency. If you have a general idea of what you want to see, you could write down something akin to what kakeli was talking about so that you could memorize the basic outline and concentrate on the object in question. Then you will hopefully be able to pick out more and more details each time you visualize, going beyond the words and using only your mind to bring your goal into crystal clear focus. (Personally, I'd use this more for visualizing a wonderland or something, since this would probably make it more difficult for tulpas to deviate if they so chose).

Final point: I would recommend changing the font color of that heading, Sir kakeli, so that it is more visible!

Also, you receive +10 points for mention of Saphira.

This is what I covered as well for the self-hypnosis scripts. Make a detailed attempt of whatever it is you're aiming for, and just keep reading it in a slow and calm voice daily. You imagine yourself in the scene you created, and with practice, the more you read it, the more focused you are, and the less chances you'll be distracted. The same thing when I reformatted a relaxing script and deepening script to make the person more relaxed. It's a matter of actually making consistent attempts to read the script, paragraph you have.

It's natural for a person reading a book (that's interesting for them) to pick out certain moments and find themselves distracted from reality and actually in the situation. They're on the edge of their seats just waiting to see what will happen next. I don't even need to do closed-eye when trying to get Eva more vocal. And the same goes for the visualizations, there's not really a "preset" condition you're suppose to experience, I honestly think it's something that's natural for everyone and ends up different. If people actually took the time to just write something out (it doesn't take that long to extend on the 5 senses), they would have beter chances at success and less likely get distracted at visualization/vocal training/imposition/etc.

And honestly, the descriptions don't have to be picture perfect, because even with everyone's different degree of attention spans, your subconscious is going to get the idea when you've read it like 50+ times. As long as you know that once you read the script or pages you made, and speak with confidence (and you can even say it with your mindvoice while mouthing the words silently), you'll obviously get some kind of result.

Just make a goal, why you think it'll benefit you, imagine your accomplishing it, make a scenario leading towards it(that's as descriptive with the 5 senses as possible, but don't be a perfectionist), tell yourself that you're going to experience the benefits, and you can repeat as much as you want during the day. If people took the time to consider this, they can have tulpaforcing tasks that come by faster just by simple reading, higher prospective memory and being relaxed.

One very strong prospective memory can lead to more intense and memorable results than 100s of half-hearted attempts. If the person just makes it a habit that when they read their script or sets of pages, they will do it to the best of their ability, and they'll do it calmly and relaxed, and they'll foresee and know they're going to succeed. And it only takes 10 minutes preparing it, and you can even build towards getting better at describing, but just remember, don't make things too long where you're practically going to snore at every attempt.

Make it something you'd enjoy. If you have a pony tulpa, make something related to ponies (Royal Guards, Cupcakes, etc.), if you made a dragon tulpa, make the scenario related to going inside a cave and feeling an increasing warmth knowing your tulpa will be there. Put yourself inside the experience as well rather than only your tulpa. Make yourself the actor on the stage; you, your tulpa, and everything you put focus and consideration into are the starring roles. Keep doing it, and you bypass the critical factor in your mind, and you can temporarily distract it to slip in those slight nudges to your subconscious that state the experienced you made will benefit you in whatever task you choose to do.

TL ; DR , Pay attention in school, you might actually find something to associate to what you're doing. *gasp*

I'm glad OP gets the idea, and I hope you do well in your attempts!

All you have to do is write a descriptive (UNIT OF WRITING HERE) about your tulpa. [...]

Next, read that paper to yourself, but read it as if it were a very fascinating book. Get lost in the description, and put it together in your mind as you read. After this, you should be able to see a great visualization of your tulpa, or at least a rough draft.

I don't write anything down, but I do something similar on the spot when I visualize in the wonderland: While creating or reviewing the tulpa's form, I narrate to myself what I sense, and (even more importantly) what I intend to sense.

The narration enforces the sensations that I'm creating. It especially helps with touch sense, where you have to work with analogies even more than for the other senses.

It seems it can be served as a narration guide and a visualization guide as well. Though I made an entry (that is still in review I guess) on image streaming and typing in relation to narration and visualization.

I end up typing 10-15+ pages on average if I were to commit 3 hours of narration (probably hitting 20+ since I'm sure my break from image streaming made things easier for me), and that’s including visualizing my tulpas, the environment, and much more.

I have videos on that, but not like it really matters anyway. Though I think this is a decent guide on how actually putting what you’re visualizing through a medium will help a lot with visualization. This guide submission gets a blank vote until GAT members can add more perspective into where this submission should be shifted.

This is definitely not a full guide but basically a single tip that could be written in even less words than it has here. I'd put this in the tips and tricks forum.

Also, I'm not sure how well this will work for the people with some serious issues with visualization, such as you know, not even being able to imagine a scene from a book. But for some, this will be a helpful tip. I would also suggest adding a reminder than you could also draw your tulpa from multiple angles if you're a better drawer than a writer. It's easy to visualize using images when you can just remember the picture you made when you are starting to lose focus of the form. Or maybe that's just me.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

There isn't a whole lot to this, although I think it's good advice (or at least something to try) for those struggling to visualise. And sure enough we have enough of those, so approved for Tips.

yes, taste too. It will be weird if [...] they taste like nothing.

He definitely knows what's up, so double-approved.

GAT commentary:

Approved for Tips and Tricks, but would also approve it as a Guide.

Lately I've seen this technique sometimes named "image streaming".

Very early on in the process, I used to sometimes narrate what I wanted to visualize to myself, along with as many details as I can think of and it tends to fire up visualization. Another similar technique that I've seen was using a random word generator and just visualizing all kinds of word combinations, or thinking up various scenarios and then working out the details until it happens automatically.

That said, this technique doesn't work for people who have a nearly completely blind mind's eye (rather rare) - those would have to actually train their mind's eye using more direct techniques, such as forcefully recalling something and its details until it works - this is what I did to develop my auditory imagination which was too insufficient for "imagine streaming"-like techniques to work (they do work now though).