Guest Anonymous

The intrusive thoughts I have usually last between 2 to 4 days. Some of the more gruesome ones I've had have lasted up to three months. The worst of late are when they're of my tulpa being hurt or doing something disgusting - pretty much the same boat you're in. They don't affect her and she'll kindly remind me of that, but still, they get to me.

They best way of getting past them is acknowledging them and then refocusing your mind to something else. Suppressing them usually makes it worse, as with trying to shift your mind to something else the moment you see them - they'll just pop up a bit later. The more attention you give the thoughts the longer they'll be with you.

Along the lines of what you said, except it happens to me while I am doing something that isn't forcing that requires concentration, like lucid dreaming, and Kamran bugs me to mess me up :P

As the title says, I'm kind of curious as to how long intrusive thoughts stick with people

[Kevin says: I don't get intrusive thoughts like that. Watchdog 3 deletes anything he deems unauthorized. (internal cyberman anyone?)

For those who are curious, he's named after the Unix watchdog daemon. The analogy of the three watchdogs being like Cerberus is strangely apt, now that I've had time to think about it.]

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

I used to get intrusive images like that more when I was young, and they would stick around for I think days, if not all week. Generally a disturbing image, and it would just kind of be there in my mind when I closed my eyes.

These days I get some "stuck" images, characters or scenes after watching something memorable. Anime seems to do it most, because of distinctive style and being colorful. These stick around more like a few hours tops. They're generally pleasant to slightly annoying, not grotesque. They can become way more annoying if I try to force when one's going on, like "Don't you wish what you're trying to visualize was this vivid? Well, it's not! Ha!"

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

For me, intrusive thoughts dont tend to last long, but once I've had one that gets me off course, I get into a cycle of more and more throwing me off. Its annoying because it can ruin whole forcing sessions.

"Do I fear death? Absolutely, only because it's disappointing. Life is so amazing to witness and be a part of. If I could live until the stars die and the universe goes cold, I would do it just because I want to know how the story unfolds and if it actually ends at all or we keep finding a way."

This is something people experience? How serious are they? I experienced a similar thing where I could not communicate with my tulpa and got frequent and intense seizures for a couple of hours before I placed the tulpa into stasis.

I used to have intrusive thoughts that would extend for months, but it wouldn't be a constant slamming of feeling bothered by them. They would come in and gently ease themselves in and before I realize the thought was there already, it hits me harder than someone actually being the father on Maury or Jerry Springer (okay, enough joking).

After finding ways to control anxiety, and making it a habit to just mentally say "STOP" (in my own variations of course indirectly and directly), it's more of seeing passive-aggressive thoughts rather than ones that invade my mind. I do admit that I rarely have thoughts where I feel like Eva is being extremely passive-aggressive, like:

"Do you really love me? I hope you do"

"You're such an insensitive jerk, go apologize to her"

It's probably just a minor sign of ego inflation, I mean, after all, when we do get accustomed to tulpaforcing and all that it entails, we are slightly lifting a huge filter that poses a challenge to our current belief systems filled with preconceptions of how reality should be; a unlocked and dusty door that should stay closed because of the risks that can come with it (but we take it because finding a way to manage and cope with it helps us grow).

The reasons for those thoughts can be varied. Maybe we're passively acknowledging our tulpa making a pool of repressed thoughts and skipping and prancing around them and experimenting with them, or it could be for some completely random and trivial reason. Now those thoughts are sustained maybe for a day or so, or just for a few seconds. It's because I recollect my thoughts a bit quicker than before and start imagining that making these thoughts a huge detriment is just a delusion our minds eases us into because it makes us prepare for the worse, even if it may not happen.

Usually if I get those states of passive-aggressive thoughts, or if they're from my tulpa, I just shrug them off, or I just turn it around and start responding in jest. There's just some parts of our minds where the thoughts feel condescending and downright irritating, but there has to be a good and bad somewhere right?