Being a Tulpa

Assuming that tulpae have actual intelligence and are not a delusion, imagine for a second a tulpa's obvious life issue.

They have effectively one pseudo-parent, they have little to no childhoods (typically), they cannot touch people unless they are possessing their host, they similarly cannot speak to anyone but their host unless they are possessing, and they will likely be kept a secret!

That sounds traumatizing.

Imagine, then, with all of these factors, imagine being "born" a tulpa. How freaky would that have been?

Now, in the original little guides section, it said something like "tulpae won't be jealous of you for being born regularly because you can't really long for something you've never had."

NOT.

TRUE.

It stands to logic that a tulpa should be more or less jealous/sorrowful about their practically nonexistent nature, right? So why have I not really ever read about such a situation?

"DUDE! That's wrong! You don't do that! That's like giving a kid a knife and telling him that it's a neck massager!"

Shameless self promotion!

[^ perfectly explained above;

also you're assuming they'd want all of that. Childhoods aren't always great, and the world isn't that exciting to interact with. I don't care if I'm kept a secret, I like it in here :3]

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Which means, Flex, don't worry about creating a tulpa. They don't hate life.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

I'm not worrying, it's just an intriguing thought, due to my upbringing and raging histrionic disorder. With my personality, I'd probably not make it...

"DUDE! That's wrong! You don't do that! That's like giving a kid a knife and telling him that it's a neck massager!"

Shameless self promotion!

A few of mine have something that could be considered a childhood, and like my own it was more bad than good. Other than adding my two cents, I think the OP's assertions were thoroughly debunked in the second post.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

Part of the reason we value our childhood so much is because everyone hates adult life, due to work, monotony and responsibilities. Because of that, tulpae are essentially in a state of endless childhood. In some ways, their life could even be put above that, because imagination and creativity is far more real and rewarding to them, and they have no future to worry about.

Why dwell on things you can't change? I'm going to die eventually but you don't see me get upset about it. My tulpa will never have a physical body, he doesn't get upset about it.

We just have to make the most of what we have. Nobody likes a whiner and nobody likes the guy who is always negative about everything. If I were a tulpa then I'm sure I'd have no trouble making the most of it.

Guest mule

I kinda feel the same way as you about this, Flexionsensor, but maybe not as strongly. I don't feel that having the wonderland, a great host, etc. is compensation enough for not having your own real body. Does no one else feel guilty that their tulpa(s) may never be able to experience all the joys in life that come with being able to live as most others do?