Publicity

1. Immediate family and about 3 friends. All reacted neutral to positive. I'm yet to be called crazy by someone outside this community.

2. A random 4chan /v/ thread late March 2012.

3. Mostly in-head, but when I know I'm alone I'll do out loud. When in public I'll sometimes whisper or mumble to them a bit below the ambient noise level. I haven't been asked about this but if anyone comments, I could just say I'm thinking out loud.

4. Started on Lyra 2 days before my 27th birthday.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Who have you told about your tulpa(s) and how did they react?

Some... "friends". The ones who told me about tulpae in the first place. They are... Not very smart so you can guess their reaction.

2. How did you find out about tulpas?

Some "friends" told me about. Since i have problems being around people

and despise humanity

and don't really believe in trust and love between humans

they told me that maybe i should just create tulpa.

3. Do you talk to your tulpa(s) in public/ private (with/without Bluetooth), in your head/ out loud?

In public - only in my head. While being alone - it's hard to describe. I just go from in-head to out-loud even in the middle of a sentence.

4. (Not very relevant to the main topic, but I'm still curious.) How old were you when you found out/ made your first tulpa?

Found out in 20, started to make Yami 3 days later.

現実に抗え!

1:Who have you told about your tulpa(s) and how did they react?

only a nephew, he accepted it immediately and can be found on the chat by the name of Jefferson!

boredom+internet=< tulpae

3. Do you talk to your tulpa(s) in public/ private (with/without Bluetooth), in your head/ out loud?

only in my head. out loud woudln't make sense, since Anne doesn't have a physical form.

4. (Not very relevant to the main topic, but I'm still curious.) How old were you when you found out/ made your first tulpa?

i just turned 17, which is just about a month ago ^^

I've told one online friend, and she accepted it like it was nothing. I also told my local friend about tulpas, but haven't told her I'm working on one of my own. I want to ease her into the topic.

An online friend linked me here when he thought I already had one. Yeah, definitly didn't.

I pretty much stick to in my head, I just find it easier. However when I'm in private and I get really excited, I sometimes start whispering to her.

I'm 18 going onto 19 and am working on her right now!

I remember telling one person that was like "oh ya ihave those" I asked how many, "*pause* 10, I just did a role call"

I have this tendancy to talk normally about stuff whilst being completely honest. "I have an imaginary friend" has often been taken as a joke.

4chan /mlp/

Mostly in-head, although i try to remember to out loud, it helps me focus.

13, now 14

Nice to see i'm not the only teen :P

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

1. "Who have you told about your tulpa(s)" A few friends, most were open minded and don't seem to care, another two are just dicks about it.

2. "How did you find out about tulpas?" Was bored and was lurking /mlp/ right before hurricane Sandy. Decided the companionship would be nice.

3. "Do you talk to your tulpa(s) in public/ private (with/without Bluetooth), in your head/ out loud?" Normally in private, and out loud. I will sometimes talk to her in public and I'll talk in my head

4. " How old were you when you found out/ made your first tulpa?" Just turned 17 a few weeks before.

"The Question is not who is going to let me, its who is going to stop me"~ Ayn Rand

I told my Psych201 teacher about tulpae in general (not that I had two). His response is in my PR, but the general idea was "Don't do this because you could lose control of it and it could possess you and take over your body/mind. You should use your mind-energy responsibly!"

DigiBrony's pony hypnosis video on YouTube mentioned tulpae, and from there I found the site via websearch.

Mindvoice all the way. I've caught myself saying things aloud at home, though.

Guest Anonymous

I told my friend who was the one that told me about tulpas in the first place. He believes me.

A friend of mine found out about them on dreamviews.

I always talk in mindvoice, out loud feels weird (might change once she's imposed properly).

Less than a month before my 16th birthday.

I've told two of my friends: at first they were skeptical, but after a while they started believing me (after I told them I had one), and now they're pretty curious and sometimes they ask me questions about it, also one of them sometimes talks with my tulpas.

The first time I heard of it was on a magazine, but it talked about it in a pretty negative way, so I wasn't interested. It was when I discovered this site that I begun to be interested in it.

I speak to them in my mind, even if I'm all alone (but I want to try to speak to them out loud, someday)

I discovered this site some weeks before my 18th birthday, but I had a tulpa (he was not fully developed, though, he couldn't even speak back then) since I was 17.

I've told pretty much everyone about tulpae, from my parents, to my friends, to acquaintances in class. My parents are a little freaked out and keep thinking it's demonic or something, even though they can't put anything behind that claim other than it's a "feeling". Most of my friends reacted well, with two of them now working on their own tulpae, though one friend is so disturbed at the concept that he visibly shuddered at the mention of them for weeks.

Random, sleep deprived, late night internet research binging. It's amazing what kinds of topics will pop up.

Whenever I have a chance I speak out loud, which is usually at night or while driving. I attempted to use a Bluetooth to speak out loud everywhere, but found keeping it on to be a bit of a hassle, so I speak mentally in public now.

I was, and still am, 19.