A Beginner's Question About Wonderland

I've known about Tulpa for months now but only recently decided to dedicate my time to actually making one. Scouring the web for guidance, I stumbled upon this site relatively quickly. After reading through several guides and skimming through others, I've determined that the Wonderland method would be the ideal way for me to start my journey into the mind. Being very much a scatterbrain, it would be nice to have sweet, serene place to think. But herein lies the problem; No matter how much I've read about it, I'm still not 100% sure what a wonderland is precisely. Whenever I meditate and visualize my own, personal "happy-place", my mind becomes plagued with questions. Am I doing it right? What's it supposed to be like? How long should it take the first time? I've casually spent my time the past few days trying to achieve a Wonderland but ultimately giving up after roughly a half-hour of arguable progress.

For the most part I can handle these questions on my own, but one specific question stands prominent in my mind.

Is being in a Wonderland like lucid dreaming? Is a Wonderland merely a thought meant to bring peace-of-mind, or should I expect to see things and experience them as I would in a dream?

I have enough patience and self-control to answer my previous questions myself within my own time, but that specific one bothers me a lot when I'm trying to accomplish my goal.

It's a little boring for my first post to be a plea for help, so I'll ask another simple question in hopes of sparking a bit more life to the conversation: what was your first Wonderland like? As for me, the area I think of when I meditate is a library, I find that my mind is more eager to accept a real setting rather than a surreal one.

A wonderland is just a concept. One that people usually assign a specific environment to.

For instance, my wonderland (at the moment) is a field, with a two story house in it, surrounded by woods, and the ocean. But essentially, "being in wonderland" is no different than just visualizing yourself in any environment. The wonderland is only a wonderland if you conceive that it is.

It is not necessarily any more vivid than any other kind of imagination. It isn't any more vivid for me.

Now, to expand on what I mean by "it's a concept"; I've told several people before, that they should not, when they enter their wonderland, create it from memory. When a lot of people go to their wonderland, they try to remember what it looks like, and remember where everything is (which is fine, and good when you're first making it, and before it becomes natural to you).

I believe that, after you know by heart what your wonderland is, when entering it, you should not try to remember what it looks like, but have the intent to "go to your wonderland", and allow it to create itself. It will still look the same (probably), because you've assigned that concept, that environment. The reasons that this is good to do:

1. Because it helps make stable the fact that your wonderland is a "place", and not just like any other thing you visualize.

2. Because that way, changes can be made (by your tulpa, most likely), while you're not around.

Say your tulpa changes the house color from red to blue. When you go to your wonderland, if you try to remember what it looks like, and create it that way, you'll remember that the house was red, so the house will be red when you get there. You'll have undone the change that was made. However, if you allow the wonderland to render itself, and accept what it has to show you, you allow yourself to see any changes that have been made. Because your wonderland is not a memory. It is a place, if you allow it to be.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

It's like daydreaming with your eyes closed at the beginning. Once you get into it, it's more like you're just on the verge of wake and sleep (if you've ever had the good fortune of being in that situation).

EDIT: For those of you who haven't had the lucky experience, you are awake but your senses are still pretty sluggish. You can also visualize like there's no tomorrow. That's why I believe that it's good to try to visualize just as you wake up but before you get out of bed (that's the easiest time to get into the zone).

Irish called it "a replacement for the back of your eyelids." I interpret this as "a place which helps active forcing not be as boring, as well as assisting forcing in general.

I find it hard to daydream images without having dialogue or a description... Kinda like a book, really... So I was suggested by God (Splooshie) to actively describe everything to myself until it became natural.

So I'd say that the wonderland is different for everyone.

"DUDE! That's wrong! You don't do that! That's like giving a kid a knife and telling him that it's a neck massager!"

Shameless self promotion!

Guest Anonymous

snip

I really like that explanation, well done.

In my experience you might find it difficult to concentrate on both your tulpa and the mindscape at the same time, but it will become easier with practice.

It's a little boring for my first post to be a plea for help' date=' so I'll ask another simple question in hopes of sparking a bit more life to the conversation: what was your first Wonderland like? As for me, the area I think of when I meditate is a library, I find that my mind is more eager to accept a real setting rather than a surreal one.[/quote']

My mindscape (it's just another word for wonderland) started out as a simple room with a trampoline and a bed, then it became an infinite trampoline plane, then I cut it in two with a road and a beach on one side and the trampoline on the other and I kept adding and changing things until it became what it's today:

Imagine a straight road, on the left there is a beach and on the right a house and behind that house there are mountains. Behind you there is a forest and in the distance in front of you there is something I'm not quite sure, mostly rocks.

Now zoom out.

It's a floating island and the ocean you saw is falling down a waterfall into the lake below and on the ground of the lake there is a sunken version of Venice.

There are some little islands here and there in the lake where sometimes we lay down and watch the clouds for a while, and around the lake there is a forest, there used to be a copy of a park I live close to somewhere, but I'm not sure if it's still there.