How To Sustain Concentration While Forcing

ThatOneGuy

Question

There are complaints lately about people not being able to hold their focus while forcing for very long. Their train of thought just sort of drifts away from forcing after some amount of time, or they get restless. What I've found helps with this is taking short breaks while forcing, and modify it to your limits.

For example, if you can't do much more than 30 minutes at a time, go for 30, take a 5 minute break (go walk around a bit, get a drink or some such), and then go back to forcing. If you can't do much more than a hour, then go for an hour and once again take a break, maybe about 10 minutes. I'm going on a sliding scale here of 30 minutes = 5 minutes of break time, maybe shorter or a bit longer depending on what feels comfortable to you.

It should also help with anyone that has ADD or just generally can't focus at all for long periods of time. While at this point I usually don't have a problem with keeping focused, I've found that it helps when I'm especially restless. Questions?

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have a pretty short attention span, between two tulpae and a servitor my mind practically keeps itself busy these days. Also had to be sure I left myself enough brainpower to continue to be a functioning adult (even if Luna does a good deal of my thinking for me already).

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

I've been having the problem of not being able to focus whilst meditating myself. It's a little different though, I just can't seem to meditate at all .... I could pretty well before (Took a break, trying to get back into it now) but every time I try to meditate I just literally can't clear my head, I can't keep it empty before some thought comes blundering in, like "Is my head empty now? For example" Or something along those lines. Anyone got any tips on emptying my mind so I can move onto getting back into my wonderland?

I've been having the problem of not being able to focus whilst meditating myself. It's a little different though, I just can't seem to meditate at all .... I could pretty well before (Took a break, trying to get back into it now) but every time I try to meditate I just literally can't clear my head, I can't keep it empty before some thought comes blundering in, like "Is my head empty now? For example" Or something along those lines. Anyone got any tips on emptying my mind so I can move onto getting back into my wonderland?

What helps me clear my mind is just breathing steadily and not trying to force thoughts out of my head, vut letting them pass through. I simply accept and acknowledge the thought and move on. Try thinking of your tulpa too, could help.

Name: Sera

Form: Human Female

Stage: Discipline with forcing every day, narration and asking questions constantly

I think therefore I am, I think therefore she'll be.

que sera sera

Its advice that is common for any meditation. Though for the concentration category, this would be useful. But it’s more of a tips since doing things gradually and building up to more time into forcing is pretty much a given anyway.

Disapproved for a guide submission, approved for tips sub forum. I can empathize that during the time the guide submission was posted, a lot of people needed to get quick insight while the communal competence of tulpas was slowly growing. But things have changed rapidly, not monumental, but pretty quick.

It's a good tip that I have used myself as well. Not a guide, but it would fit in the tips and tricks forum.

Also, seeing that this was written back when you were told to force for very long times, the times you should be spent forcing without breaks are long in this one, way too long for some. If you can easily focus at the start and you don't need to spend time to get going but you easily lose steam, force for shorter amounts of time (not 30 minutes if you can't do it) and keep a little five minute break. Follow your gut feeling here.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

GAT commentary:

Approved for Tips section.

There's a lot of ways to deal with this problem, including: changing expectations/beliefs, developing better habits, or the best one that I know: letting your tulpa actually make interaction *interesting* - as long as you have the last, interaction with your tulpa isn't a chore and you'll be able to naturally stay focused.