Guest Anonymous

How do you visualize?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. How do you visualize?

• I visualize with my eyes open
    • I visualize with my eyes closed
    • I do both

Guest Anonymous

I have looked around a bit and didn't find much about comparing open eye and close eye visualization, and since I'm starting imposition I wanted to know a bit about it and what the community does.

Which one do you find easier?

And do you think it makes any difference in the development wherever you visualize with your eyes open or closed (except obviously for imposition)?

I tried it a bit and it doesn't seem too difficult, I would say it's about as hard as visualizing with eyes closed for me.

For me it's easier with eyes closed. Because if my eyes are open i need to look at something (anything really) so i unwillingly concentrate on this instead of Yami.

現実に抗え!

I originally started with close-eye visualization, which I found easier, and eventually switched to open-eye when I started working on imposition.

Right now I feel comfortable with both - I can usually visualize details better with my eyes closed, but I can judge proportions better with my eyes open, so I use a mixture of both.

Kaje, male earth pony

Vocal, partially imposed, somewhat parallel

Started forcing on the 15th of February 2013

I've always used oepn eye visualization, because until I read Phi's guide on t, I always tried closed eye, but I never saw anything. Day after day I tried, but I just couldn't. I tried open eye visualization, and I still couldn't see a thing. After a few days, I got a glimpse of something (which I think is a book), and I noticed when I visualized the book, it looked a lot like the things I imagine when I read. I then narrated Kamran's features to myself, and I saw him for the first time. I did the same with wonderland, and now I can visualize exceptionally.

[it helped that I was actually vocal, so I could tell what I wanted to look like.]

• 2 years later...

I have always used both open and closed eye visualisation. I have noticed no major difference in the difficulty of the techniques, or in the level of detail I can acheive. Since I can remember I have been able to visualise things in as great a level of detail as I was able to perceive in a memory of the real world. This, as I have developed has resulted in visualisation with a high enough detail for convincing imposition.

Akecalo - Host

Maya - Tulpa

Mara - Tulpa

If I'm trying to visualize a tulpa in the world immediately around me, my eyes are open. If I'm picturing somewhere else or accessing wonderland, I'll keep them closed.

I usually switch between the two options until I'm able to focus and see relatively easily.