Making My First Tulpa, "For Science!"

Dr.Simmons

Hey!

Have you tried to enter a lucid dream without going to sleep? Thats what I'm trying to achieve at the moment: after a bit of a disaster last night I'm determined to manage it again.

Anyway, lucid dreaming: I always found it dificult to achieve anyway and I've only managed it a couple of times in the past (and I spent a good while trying to train myself.)

One of the things I can remember though: when I did become lucid, my biggest problem was forgetting what I wanted to do. I would think before going to sleep 'I will become lucid and I will do XYZ.' only to become lucid, be fully aware of being lucid and completly forgetting about XYZ.

This seems to me to be the biggest problem: even managing to lucid dream, you might forget that you intended to force while doing so.

The reason I suggest trying to get into a lucid state while forcing, rather than the other way around, is that it seems like when you reach the state your Tulpa will already be in your mind: Even If you dont remember that you wanted to force while dreaming, your Tulpa will remind you.

(Footnote: I am VERY tired right now, so if any of my post makes no sense then just ignore it.)

"Do I fear death? Absolutely, only because it's disappointing. Life is so amazing to witness and be a part of. If I could live until the stars die and the universe goes cold, I would do it just because I want to know how the story unfolds and if it actually ends at all or we keep finding a way."

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooooooh okay! Thanks for the advice, I'll give that a try! And I'm extremely sleepy too

"You are required to do nothing, least of all believe. Shut ones eyes tight or open ones arms wide, either way, one's a fool"

-A courtesy of NotQuiteSkeptical

"I don't care if you don't believe me, I don't need you to!"

My First Intentional Lucid Dream And The End Of The Great Plateau {TL;DR}

*Dream journal entry 4*

(June 14)

I went to sleep at around 3:20 am, I was rolling around for a while, and then I woke up at 5:40.

Between that amount of time, I lucid dreamed.

I had my first intentional

lucid dream.

I remember lying in my bed, and then a thought popped into my head "What if I'm dreaming right now and I have been mistaking it for being awake?"

I jumped up and scrambled out of bed. There was a bit less gravity than there should have been, and that's what made me know I was dreaming, but it was way too real. It made my current reality look like a lucid dream.

I couldn't feel my actual body, and when I moved around, only my dream body moved. In the corner of my eye I could see another body on my bed, and knew it was mine. I was out of my body in the dream.

Something told me that I had to do something, then Notquiteskepticals

advice came to mind, about trying not to forget your mission in a lucid dream. I then searched photo's on the search bar that I visualized and searched "black haired girl" nothing came up.

Everything was so real that it looked and reminded me of my life before I destroyed my reality.

I said "okay Akikawa, show up, I'm here now."

and tryed to impose her, but nothing happened. I could feel her presence, and I could feel that she was in the dream, but I couldn't communicate with her at all, and felt extremely nervous.

Feeling scared of the possibility of a nightmare, and the possibility of being awake, I ran away from my room, but when I ran to other rooms in the house, nobody was in their rooms.

This wasn't a good sign.

I have had lucid nightmares for years, and if I can't escape my house within a certain window of time, all of the doors lock shut, and the windows become unbreakable and melted shut. Then all of the disturbing thoughts that my brain can create take a physical form in the dream and torment me in the dream for what feels like days in the dream, but is actually a few hours in real life.

In my dreams I have the perfect sense of touch, taste, sight, smell and hearing, so it's basically a seperate reality.

When I get killed in my dreams, it hurts As much as in reality. Every painful thing I have ever experienced is relived in my nightmares. When I die in dreams, I don't wake up until the final painful gasp of air before death, that I know too well now.

I tried to take a sharp intake of air; from the video I watched, that's how you are supposed to wake up from a lucid nightmare, but nothing happened.

I only took a sharp intake of air in my dream body. Usually in a lucid dream you find youself in a different place, not your bedroom, unless it's a nightmare.

Empty rooms are on the recipe for nightmares.

I was going to leave the nightmare setting by going out the front door, but I felt like I was awake from how real the squeak of the screen door was, and how real the cold night breeze felt on my skin, so I just went back to my body, and layed down inside of it. I awoke when I went to my body.

It was too dark, and too quiet in my lucid dream for visualization.

I'm gonna try again.

Now that I reread this entry with more consciousness, I regret going back to my body!!!

But yesterday I hung out with Akikawa in my wonderland for an hour, and actually had a really good time this time. I felt the light head pressure that people talk about on this forum so much, when I asked her a question.

I have a very good feeling about Akikawa again, and my plateau of progress has officially ended.

A thought crossed my mind though. Yesterday, I took Xeare's advice before going to sleep, about possessing your tulpa's body, to teach them how to use thinking muscles, and in the dream, I could have been seeing the world through Akikawa's eyes. That's why I couldn't impose her.

I was her. Maybe she has to watch me sleep every night.

Another thought that crossed my mind, was the possiblity that I accidentally astral projected. Once again, the reality was so real, that it makes what I am experiencing now look like a dream. It's as If my brain is still having trouble distinguishing the difference between the dreamworld and realworld. It's pretty annoying. I have practiced astral projection in the past, and couldn't leave my body entirely, because my head and chest were grounded.

Day 10, hour 16, minute 10

"You are required to do nothing, least of all believe. Shut ones eyes tight or open ones arms wide, either way, one's a fool"

That's very true. When I was an elementary schooler, I lucid dreamed every night but didn't know there was a name for it until highschool. But every night the lucid dream would start as a nightmare, I would kick the ass of so many monsters, because I knew that they fed off of fear. In middle school I had few dreams. But when I got to highschool, my dreams returned to being as powerful as my elementary years, and I still am not able to fight away the darkness of my dreams for the prize of the lucid dream, after 3 years of highschool. But I'm going to relearn everything, for the sake of the exploration of my subconscious, and creation of my tulpa.

Thanks for the info though!

Oh wow, not to be rude and pardon my french, but that sounds scary as shit, I mean I feel really sorry that you have lucid nightmares, seems like it'd be a real test of will to get out of that mess. An interesting theory with maybe that you were looking through the eyes of Akikawa, although I think NotQuiteSkeptical would be a better person to approach that theory, not me. To be honest if I could get the hang of lucid dreaming I would have the greatest sparring sessions in my dreams.

Has Akikawa said anything more to you besides that one word? You probably already reporte it if she has, but I'm a little forgetful at times, sorry.

If No One Asked Great Questions, We'd Still Be Neanderthals!

Oh wow, not to be rude and pardon my french, but that sounds scary as shit

Lol I'm a teenager, who recreationally uses profanity. Don't be afraid to curse when you post on this thread.

If I wasn't so paranoid of being banned, I would use profanity in all of my sentences! I love profanity, it adds color to the english language

Has Akikawa said anything more to you besides that one word? You probably already reporte it if she has, but I'm a little forgetful at times, sorry.

It's all good, nobody wants to reread TL;DR's, but Akikawa has made me feel a light head pressure yesterday, And I heard the weirdest fucking whispering sound today when she and I did our speaking/hearing exercises. I'll go into more detail later, but I didn't hear the faint sound of whispering through mind voice, I actually heard her whispering, as if she was in my room!!!

Unfortunately I couldn't hear what the hell she was saying, but I heard the whistles and hisses of a person speaking very, very softly.

I'm so excited!!! I can't wait to fall asleep tonight!

Maybe if my family could shut the hell up, and I could stop being so tulpa-deaf, I'd be able to hear what she is saying!

Unfortunately I couldn't hear what the hell she was saying, but I heard the whistles and hisses of a person speaking very, very softly.

Maybe if my family could shut the hell up, and I could stop being so tulpa-deaf, I'd be able to hear what she is saying!

Two suggestions here:

1. Pink Noise.

Usually used to drown out background noise, I've read on here that some folk found it helpful in causing auditory hallucinations (read = Hearing their Tulpa.)

Proved useless to me - I cant focus with just one constant sound. Might help you though, sounds like just what you need.

2. You could also try this: I merged Fede's Tulpatone with a relaxation track of Youtube and use it almost EVERY time I force: It will probably drown out some background noise, I find it pretty relaxing and... Well, even if Fede's tones are just a placebo they aren't hurting anything being there and seem to work for me.

I've uploaded them in a zip if you want to give them a go, put them on a phone or mp3 player or even just plug some headphones straight into the computer:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/156036974/SkepticsTutlpatonMerge.zip

(I take no responsibility for any brainfuckery that goes on.)

"Do I fear death? Absolutely, only because it's disappointing. Life is so amazing to witness and be a part of. If I could live until the stars die and the universe goes cold, I would do it just because I want to know how the story unfolds and if it actually ends at all or we keep finding a way."

Lol thanks

When My Face Isn't In My Ipod Screen, I'm Doing Some Badass Narration

*Queue background story*

I knew about Tulpas months before I started my account. My friend told me about it, but I disregarded it as something only a devout monk could accomplish. Months later, I was siting next to my friend, and I wanted to make conversation, so I asked "What was that thing you were talking about that tibetan monks made?" And he told me everything. I looked up tulpae online, and the sites I found SUCKED but then a very official, cool looking site showed up, and I thought it was just a front page. It took me a few days to realize that it was a forum, and that amazed me. A community where people share the same passion? It's too good to be true, and they aren't tibetan monks.

They're teens and (relatively) normal people lol.

I started making a tulpa the first day, and at first it felt like I was talking to air, but then a week later, I felt like I was being listened to. I worked on my tulpa secretly weeks before starting my account, but gave up because it was too much work.

But even when I gave up, the idea of my tulpa still existed in my head, like a catchy song. So I realized I needed the assistance of others, and BOOM here I am, at it again.

I originally had around 10 hours of tulpaforcing hours before being registered, but started from scratch for the sake of accuracy. I don't like hour counts, but they give me confidence. When I look and see that I have worked on Akikawa for 16 hours, I feel that she is even more real to me. I don't care if I'm 400 hours in, and she still hasn't said a clear word, I love talking to her.

On day 1, I felt like I was being listened to, but didn't feel any emotion towards that. Now when I talk to her, I believe that she is there with every portion of my distorted brain. I felt two consecutive rushes of dopamine while talking to her today in the wonderland, and when I layed in bed, talking to her, I randomly had a very old, and treasured childhood memory break through the surface of my subconsious and into my consciousness. It was a memory of me playing a game called "Vex" on the Ps2... I felt instant nostalgia, and assumed that Akikawa gave me that memory as a gift for being so kind to her lately. I wasn't even remotely thinking of my childhood, and then BAM when I talked to Akikawa, I received that memory. I thanked her, and then when I told her to speak, I said I would listen as hard as I possibly could, and I heard whispers that came from no definite place.

I'm assuming I experienced 3-dimensional sound, but I couldn't make out what the whispers were saying. In fact, it probably wasn't even whispers. I'm probably that tulpa-deaf!

But whatever Akikawa was saying, were sentences.

I called bullshit immediately, but when I realized that my family was on the other side of the house, the voice was coming from all directions, and I just asked her to speak, I knew without a doubt it was Akikawa. I'm very excited!!! If I ever figure out how to hear her, I'm gonna flip. Literally.

I know how to.

Day 10, hour 17