Am I Doing This Right?

Geez, i leave for two days to go to a con and I miss everything o.O

I do think I was translating my tulpa, as a lot of the responses were similar to each other. Also, since I've tried to stop doing that, I have gotten a few times where I kinda hear something, but have no idea what it was. It sounds kinda like muffled gibberish or something.

Either way, like I said I've tried to stop doing whatever the hay I was doing before and now I just kinda talk to him about the most random-est stuff ever. I still do it a little bit, but I'm pretty sure what I was doing was some sort of parroting. Like I said, I wasn't consciously doing it before, but if I consciously tell myself not to do whateverness, then I don't. Or well, I don't hear actual words, but might hear what I said before- muffled gibberish I can't understand. It's also usually pretty quiet.

To Kerin, alrighty and thanks ^^ And I was slightly surprised lol. As soon as I read the "tell your tulpa I said hello" part, I felt some sort of surprised delight ^^ Now I feel kinda shivery. Is shivery a word? I'm making it a word. SHIVERY SHIVERY SHIVERY. ... okay, that's making me even more shivery e.e;

Xeare- OKAIS! I'MMA TRY MY BEST! ... or at least, my version of best ^^; Which is basically "try, but don't try so hard you get bored" lol. This is why when I study I study for like five minutes at a time and say I am trying my best XD

Also, slightly random and kinda weird, I find I pay more attention to my tulpa if I'm on this website XD I don't have to be browsing it or anything, but I'm on my computer a lot, and if I just keep a tab open to tulpa.info (without going on it or even having to remember it's there), Ayden seems to stay on my mind easier, while when it's not open or I'm off doing something else, I'm more likely to forget about him. I'm weird lol.

[Forseen]

{Muse}

|Alix|

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think I was translating my tulpa, as a lot of the responses were similar to each other. Also, since I've tried to stop doing that, I have gotten a few times where I kinda hear something, but have no idea what it was. It sounds kinda like muffled gibberish or something.

I think that's called "tulpish". When a tulpa tries to produce mindvoice but lacks the language knowledge to do that. I do not have any experience in dealing with tulpish, but I guess it might help to consciously give your tulpa access to your vocabulary memory (through some symbolism, or by just telling him he can access it).

I totally know this translator feeling, though. Just like I'm converting my own thoughts into mindvoice while thinking, I feel like I'm mindvoicing my tulpas' responses.

Xeare- OKAIS! I'MMA TRY MY BEST! ... or at least, my version of best ^^; Which is basically "try, but don't try so hard you get bored" lol. This is why when I study I study for like five minutes at a time and say I am trying my best XD

Caffeine helps with focusing. My concentration usually slips every few minutes, but after drinking a whole bottle of mate soda (100 mg caffeine), my focus was on my tulpa like a laser beam for over 30 minutes.

Also, slightly random and kinda weird, I find I pay more attention to my tulpa if I'm on this website XD I don't have to be browsing it or anything, but I'm on my computer a lot, and if I just keep a tab open to tulpa.info (without going on it or even having to remember it's there), Ayden seems to stay on my mind easier, while when it's not open or I'm off doing something else, I'm more likely to forget about him. I'm weird lol.

I think that's not weird at all. The mind is all about associating, and if there's something you perceive that's being associated to him, the mind will still have some slight focus on him.

Floree, I feel like I'm in the same position as you. When my tulpa talks, it does sort of feel like it's really her, and she occasionally says stuff that catches me at least a little off guard, but she can't talk (or i can't hear her) unless I sort of actively have her do so.

Like, I can ask her a question, and then I have to sort of consciously go "ok, now she should be answering", and she answers, sort of like I'm giving her permission to do so. But if I just ask her a question and then stare at her without me doing anything and I passively wait to see if I can hear anything, she either doesn't move her mouth, or her speech is totally silent/mumbly gibberish to me. Also, I have no idea how to really progress beyond this. I was going to make my own thread but since you seem to be in the same position as me (except for the whole "i started in november" thing), hopefully someone will know what to do.

Also, word of advice: Just because someone is a tulpa doesn't mean they automatically know how every tulpa works. The tulpa is dependent on the host's mind, and every host has different expectations and beliefs when it comes to this thing, so there's virtually no such thing as universally good advice. I'm not trying to bash kerin or anything, but I disagree with the "no such thing as doing it wrong" thing. I'm pretty sure the fact that my tulpa can't quite speak for herself after all this time (i started in november), despite the fact that I thought I was doing things correctly, means that I was doing something wrong. Again, nothing against kerin, but, you know, I just don't think it's wise to automatically assume you're doing the right thing if you're not even sure if you are.

Humble- Tulpish? Never heard of that before o.o I'mma go google it laters...

Either way, I just can't concentrate if something bores me. Sometimes, I can't concentrate even if something doesn't bore me XD Like when I draw, I always have to go surf dA for a bit every like, ten minutes even though I LOVE to draw. It's just me. I'll might go try caffeine later though.

Hm... guess that's true. I just find it weird that half the time I forget the tab's even open and yet I'm still concentrating on him more.

Mako- Dude, that is like, EXACTLY how I am right now oAo And I get ya. I kinda doubt you can do something wrong though. It's more like you can do something to impede your tulpa. I really dunno though XD

[Forseen]

{Muse}

|Alix|

Also, word of advice: Just because someone is a tulpa doesn't mean they automatically know how every tulpa works. The tulpa is dependent on the host's mind, and every host has different expectations and beliefs when it comes to this thing, so there's virtually no such thing as universally good advice. I'm not trying to bash kerin or anything, but I disagree with the "no such thing as doing it wrong" thing. I'm pretty sure the fact that my tulpa can't quite speak for herself after all this time (i started in november), despite the fact that I thought I was doing things correctly, means that I was doing something wrong. Again, nothing against kerin, but, you know, I just don't think it's wise to automatically assume you're doing the right thing if you're not even sure if you are.

[Nobillis says: Yay for differing views.]

Seriously, I am very pleased to read this. Thank you.

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

Little update, I totally had a conversation with my tulpa =w= IT WAS AWESOME. I had to really do a lot of focusing and translating though, but all the thoughts seemed really alien, so i know it was him >w< But then my dad bothered me and I lost it ;w; Either way, that means I gotta be doing something right! ^^

[Forseen]

{Muse}

|Alix|

XD Yup. It's one of the best feelings in the world, feeling and talking to your tulpa for the first time >w< Right next to seeing your digital art in print.

[Forseen]

{Muse}

|Alix|