Bug report: Join our community!

Chupi

When I'm logged out, the "please join" box that shows up at the top has a broken "Join our community!" link. It points to somewhere in 127.0.0.1.

Also I can't decide whether the white-on-black theme takes me back to the early '90s when we had to use black backgrounds because white flickered horribly, or if it just makes it look like another paranormal site.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Thanks for the comments and concerns.

I've been having a lot of problems with invisionfree's links pointing to that IP address. The guest box should be finally fixed now, but there may be some other stray links.

For the white-on-black thing, I went with that scheme mainly because the colors have always been more comfortable on my eyes, and I liked how they contrast. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a web designer by any stretch of the imagination -- I'm just happy with XHTML and CSS that will pass the w3c validation test and looks pleasing enough to the eye.

The style (as well as the site) is still a WIP though; if you have any other color schemes in mind for this layout, let me know and I'll consider it.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

• 4 weeks later...

A while ago you mentioned something about a high-contrast mode in the user cp, but it looks like it was never implemented. Could it be?

[Note: Opinions]

Yeah, I was working on a high contrast mode abit ago. It will pretty much be white on black (that is, all of this gray is blackish and all black text is white). The buttons and stuff will look odd if using it, but I can finish/activate it for those who want the high contrast.

Spoiler

The high-contrast theme is now up; you can access it in your UserCP with all your other settings.

Heads up though, it's not going to be maintained, and the images don't look very pleasant (esp the read/unread icons, because changing them would require creating an entire new image directory due to the way mybb handles themes).

Spoiler