Documentary

The idea of a tulpa convention intrigues and horrifies me at the same time. The potential for events sounds kind of cool, but given the types of people I'd expect to go, the awkwardness in the air would be thick enough to cut with a knife.

I appreciate your intention in the documentary, but even with the best of intentions, I don't imagine you could give any credible evidence that the entire community isn't just composed of a bunch of lunatics. No matter how well someone presents himself on camera, if he's acting as a translator for an invisible... anything, it'll look weird. Really weird. I don't even know where to start to make this practice have any semblance of normalcy.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest applesauce99

I could just see a bunch of people walking around, seemingly staring into blank space...

thats pretty much what I imagine the entire convention would be. Awkward as fuck, since tulpa can't communicate with other tulpa or people directly.

pretty much what Fig said RIGHT before I did

The idea of a tulpa convention intrigues and horrifies me at the same time. The potential for events sounds kind of cool, but given the types of people I'd expect to go, the awkwardness in the air would be thick enough to cut with a knife.

That is more or less what usually happens with any con which is kinda sad in my opinion (not that I have been on any so this statement is from a quite naive view).

I must have ended up on the wrong planet. Everything here is so strange.

That is more or less what usually happens with any con which is kinda sad in my opinion (not that I have been on any so this statement is from a quite naive view).

Anime cons are really fun. You get all types of people going in costume, some of which are amazingly well done. There are people role-playing or else just being straight up crazy in the most entertaining possible way. You find other people who've watched the same shows as you, you can attend panels from voice actors, buy stupid paraphenalia, and it's always great to go to.

I don't think a tulpa convention could pull off those things.

I certainly understand these concerns. Nobody wants to be given a harsh public viewing, especially from the lens of a possibly exploitative stranger. The notion that the majority of attendees would also be bronies is certainly a problem, because that is a subculture already given a tremendous amount of negative attention, worse I think than furries and otaku combined. That being said, "Trekkies" was a great example of a documentary that captured the most empathetic, humanizing aspects of a well-known but generally written-off caste of society. I think interviews would provide this a great deal more than just footage of the convention. I can't picture too many extroverted tulpamancers, and I don't mean that in a disparaging way, so perhaps a social even may not be the best means to set up a rapport with you all...

Hm, so this is professional work, I first had the assumption that this was going to be some kind of freelancer project. The documentary might also find the same audience as the ones on multiple personalities did; this documentary surely has much potential.

As the others I'm not averse to being part of such a documentary, but it's not about me; I don't even have a vocal Tulpa yet.

You might have heard of the documentary on BronyCon, which had been a good and worthy documentary, but was awkward as hell. That's what the documentary on Tulpas might become.

So yeah as several others have stated, there are very few people with a fully imposed Tulpa, but if you'd wait maybe 2 or 3 months, there should be much more people with a Tulpa at least in America.

What is a Tulpa? Blog

Rainbow 'Alyx' Dash

Pronto

Thank you for the advice, Bluesleeve. I believe I will wait a while and see if there is a growth in tulpaforcers. Maybe by then there will also be more tulpae who aren't ponies as well. Nothing against MLP, in fact I think the show is adorable, but twenty interviews, and 17 of them ponies, would definitely kill the documentary.

Nothing to thank for. Your advantage is, that you are a bit early; you will see when it is time to jump on the bandwagon.

Nah, I can understand that too much pony would indeed be unfavorable, haha.

EDIT: deleted my not thought over thoughts.

EDIT2: I'm also sure, that if this documentary was made, the public gets aware of it. In the best case, this field would actually be researched. A Tulpa certainly has therapy potential.

What is a Tulpa? Blog

Rainbow 'Alyx' Dash

Pronto

Nope nope nope, I never want to meet any of you ever.

"Hey, I have a tulpa."

"So do I!"

"..."

"..."

"Ahem..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Ever watch My Little Pony?"

"No. Ever watch Clannad?"

"Uh, no?"

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Y-You too."

I find a documentary of tulpæ very intriguing, but as already said, you're a bit too early at this time. It certainly looks like the majority of tulpaforcers now are from within the MLP community, so waiting until the concept of tulpæ has sparked interest to other groups of people would probably be for the best.

Do you plan to only focus around Americans, or do you want to bring people from all around the world into the doc?

and partly because our previous project (which will go unnamed for now) became far too seedy and dangerous and we wound up earning the ire of some VERY dangerous people.

Did this project happen to be on the subject of UFO/ETs or zero-point energy? I've read there's been several projects on this where the makers behind has been downright threatened by people in power not to release it, because of evidence they were going to put in.

Time tulpaforced: 124 h 00 min

Responses:(Possible) different kind of tones