Documentary

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

If I didn't spend the my entire life making sure there is literally no photographic, video, or sound evidence of me even existing, I'd participate, despite how enticing a room mostly full of neckbeards with pastel colored ponies for imaginary friends sounds. Perhaps I'll contribute some other way if this actually goes through.

I think our community is too small for a convention at the moment, and there's not enough evidence for a documentary.

If all goes well, my tulpa should be sapient by the end of the summer, at which time I would be happy to try and prove this stuff, and volunteer for CT scans, etc. After all, I'm going to be writing an academic paper on the subject if all goes well.

As for a convention, well... What would we do? Even if everyone with sapient tuplae come up, it's not like the tulpae would be able to communicate with each other without things being awkward. However, there are some interesting scientific advances coming all the time, so I'm sure someday tulpae could have their own external bodies with some sort of wireless set worn by the creator -- maybe then, a convention would make more sense.

EDIT:

Also,

>subculture

And the forums have only been around for a few months, I don't think we're big enough to be a subculture yet, but just wait until we hit the tipping point, then things will get interesting.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

I agree with Pleeb in that there would be nothing to do. A convention just go get together is pointless. If anything, though I don't like the idea of getting together at all, the only convention that would be purposeful is one for research that requires a good number of creators to be present (in person). Anything else is meaningless.

This thread is the silliest of silly threads I have ever seen.

That said I have no idea who thinks it would be a good idea to do a live documentary from a convention. What about phone calls or video chats? Or what do you proprietary kids call it, Skype? Skrape is a better name because the last four letters discribe it perfectly.

This hot empty painting should be locked and towed.

the only convention that would be purposeful is one for research that requires a good number of creators to be present (in person). Anything else is meaningless.

Sounds good to me.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

First off, a tulpacon would be maximum autism, so we would might want to deviate from the con-ventional approach. I suggest we set up something somewhat scientific based with a semi formal approach and with actual structured tests and modoration Im talking we find neurologists, physiologists, and other professionals in the department to come and talk with and have general discussion with, ask questions, exchange information, see what can be found out. Also I'd like to find one of these things and have our tuplas do various things, see how it looks on the charts. And while we have this, we have the film guy interview and record the researchers and members of the forum.

I think this could prove quite fruitful for the community, but we need to to do it right. I know there's been some talk of having a little tulpamancer get together for some time now, so this could be that chance.

"Your parents will never be magic talking horses"

-Anonymous

I agree with Charlotte. Skype is an amazing thing.

If you're serious about making a documentary, wait for a bit. The tulpa community as a whole is currently very small, and little research has even been done on the topic. You're best off waiting for more growth in the community. I'd wait at least a year or two.