Confusing, frustrating inconsistency in personality and behavior. Help?

So for a while now, my tulpa has been acting really inconsistent - his moods and actions are really erratic and he'll contradict himself constantly. This is confusing, frustrating, and ultimately very bad for both of us.

I think a lot of this is because I am really, really bad at differentiating what comes from him and what I parrot him doing/saying. On top of that, he really likes to mess with me, and in doing this he'll make stuff up, lie, etc, for purposes that he tries to explain as benevolent but really just boil down to being pointlessly elaborate trolls. He's good at it too, he's hard to read or make sense of. This sounds kind of entertaining and sometimes it is, but it's also exhausting, and he won't (or can't) seem to stop doing any of this, even when I explained it was really not best for either of us.

The end result of all of this is I end up doubting and second-guessing literally everything he does, putting it all under scrutiny, which of course doesn't help in the process of him becoming more solidified in my mind. It's become a huge problem.

Sometimes I can feel thoughts drift into my head and I'm not sure which one of us they come from. Some of them are distinctly mine, some of them he'll claim ownership of, etc, but I can never be sure, and it's very frustrating. I don't know a good way to "separate" the two trains of thought, but if anyone does, please let me know.

I guess what I'm asking is: what should I do here? I have no idea where to go or what to do from here.

Parroting is a completely 100% concous action, if you are unsure if you are parrorting or not, then you aren't; so dont worry about distingushing that

Secondily, if his trollish nature is getting to you, then have a serious forcing session where you explain how the attitude is bugging you, rather than just saying it like a normal conversation (as i take you have done by reading your test)

Another thing to consider is the fact that your tulpa may be testing both it's sentience and how far it can push your buttons. Again this can be easily solved by having a forcing session about this issue

To get this seperate trains of thought you are asking about, just find a thread or guide about parallel processing and the people there may be able to help you

i am forever banned from drinking orange juice because my tulpa hates it with a burning passion

What do you mean by "having a forcing session about this issue"? When I think of forcing, I think of telling my tulpa who and what he is - I'm working on personality, right now, and have been for a while. I don't know if it would be wise to force the issue like that - by forcefully removing or adding a personality trait. It's also possible that a change like that wouldn't stick.But maybe doing it that way is for the best? I'll need a second opinion, really.

I've tried to explain to him deadly serious how it gets to be a problem, I don't just casually mention it. He says he'll not do it anymore - and then he does, as if it's an unconscious habit, or that he's not capable of change.

By forcing i ment going into the forcing state and then talking to him about it

It may just be deviating or it may be an intrusive thought, try giving it time and it may go away

i am forever banned from drinking orange juice because my tulpa hates it with a burning passion

• 2 weeks later...

Find a way to discipline him or something. Try and listen as best you can. Or you can just not think at all and let him say what he wants to say.

Amelia- Oct. 7, 2012

Mitsuki- Oct. 31, 2014