Tulpa Creation Times and Beliefs

ShyGuy65

Well, it still may well have been. We're still not sure how accurate this hypothesis is. We need more people to test it. So if you're up for it, by all means, keep trying.

Astral project on my face, brother!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hypotheses for his hypothesis throne!

LucidAcid: I'll be careful about making sure the steps completed are genuine. I'm also going to keep working on personality for a few more hours under hypnosis in my sub-c.

Sock: I'm not planning for minimal effort, just minimal time. I'll be working and narrating consistently every day until the 26th of June, at which point I will report a success or a failure in this thread. (I will continue working past June 26th, especially as imposition would still remain, however)

TOG: I think we also need more guides to break away from Irish's and Dane's. If the experiment is successful, I can write a guide on my method.

Robo: Thanks for the information. Bluesleeve, thanks for getting Robo in here.

I did a combined hypnosis/tulpaforcing session last night before going to bed. Details here. I now believe (and I'm not sure what I believed before now) that it is possible to get a sentient, vocal tulpa in a short time, such as two weeks. I'm pretty sure it did involve a belief change, however. I talked to my subconscious about it, and I will continue to use self-hypnosis and the subconscious access gadget from my wonderland to tulpaforce.

Yes, you see that's what I was thinking about the guides. Communities like these tend to get stagnate information when one of the 'big members' writes stuff up and then has to leave the community for whatever reason, and then the newbs come in and follow what may very well be outdated information. I think that Dane and Irish's guides were correct for the most part, but had some things that were wrong. I plan on writing a guide when I finish Markus and Li, and getting it out here.

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

I'll confirm that giving a tulpa sentience doesn't necessarily take too long, but I think it depends on the person's abilities and attitudes going in. Mine's personality is imposed and sentient now after 3 weeks and roughly 30 hours, which I can be reasonably assured of after having a few arguments about the amount of attention I've been giving him and some other small things. Part of my pace might be due to my training as a visual artist with some character creation background, which I can't remove for the sake of experimentation. I'd like to see the results of some people taking this alternate beliefs approach without having as much creation experience.

I would also like to note that I unintentionally started on day 1 with some massive parroting that I thought was my tulpa, and I was really good at convincing myself I was getting results. I had to take all that parroting and then control my own impulses gradually until I could pick out actual sentient thoughts and actions. According to the guides, this is completely, moronically backwards and by all rights shouldn't have worked. But it did. The guides are a good resource, but I can only reason the appropriate way to establish a tulpa is subjective until we can get more unbiased collective observations.

FigN01, that sounds exactly like what is happening with my fiance's tulpa. He went in and very early on went way too crazy with puppeting because that's what he's always done. Like you, he's involved with character creation and concept design, so he's always had his little characters running around his mind, basically acting on their own 'programmed personality' but fully being puppeted for imagined scenes like fights for a video game, etc. etc.

But he has also been experiencing incredibly fast progress with his tulpa. He is already perfect at visualization, heck he imposes things in the real world on a regular basis. I told him about FAQ man's salamander tulpa and he imagined his own version of him crawling around us. He didn't even have to think about that part, which I think is speeding up the process greatly because there are no random times when he forget's Luke's face or random no-clipping experiences in the wonderland.

We will participate as well and see how soon Luke will be formed. Honestly we don't know how many hours he's put in, also doing the 'it's done when it's done' thinking style.

More and more flashes of sentience are occuring. The only reason it hasn't gone faster is everytime it happens it's such an alien feeling that it spooks the shit out of him, lol.

A lot of emotional responses, random movement(Luke likes to run around in circles to see how fast he goes) but my fiance says he still feels very unformed, sort of like a fetus exploring their body and recognizing sounds from the outside and responding.

Anyway, I have lots to update about myself and him in the progress report later. I will participate as well!

I can't say I started with perfect visualization on him, but it was pretty close. I think to draw or design well, you have to be able to imagine your characters in 3D space, so I guess we naturally start off with an edge. It's just a matter of holding back some of that overactive imagination. It's really reassuring to hear that I'm not the only one that started off this way too. It makes me think that there may be some sort of categories of thinking/imagination that people fit to, and the best approaches to tulpaforcing can be derived from those.

By the way, the last bit about exploring the body got Uzo really fired up about just moving. I wasn't even focusing on him, and then *poof*, I get a big emotional response and he wants to jump off the couch and run around the room. I think just getting some acknowledgement from someone besides myself did a lot to give him his energy. Either that or suggestion. In any case, I hope Luke's progression goes along smoothly too- parroting should be just as good as any other method for him.

Yeah, well I guess it's because he's always made pseudotulpas/imagined things moving or around him so he was very quick to figure it out. Of course there was some deviance in his head shape, but I guess he's just good at seeing the form.

I'm an artist as well, but my thoughts have always been formed with words, I've never been very visual(My art is illustration, I kind of make up the picture as I go until I get to something I like, then start over and do it that way but better..Rather than necessarily seeing the completed piece in my head.) so I am struggling with visualization quite a bit. Definitely interesting to see how we differ though!

Haha, good luck with Uzo! It's cool to hear that he's all excited.

Interesting idea, and I have some possible proof for it.

The friend who got me into tulpa (Anima's partner) made his within a day. Anima was surprised she could speak so quickly, but she also said it generally takes just a few weeks. Since my friend followed a proto-guide and didn't know much about it, he had no concept of how long it would take.

Granted she dissolved after a depression spurt several days after sentience, but a day is much shorter than what you're proposing.

Interesting idea, and I have some possible proof for it.

The friend who got me into tulpa (Anima's partner) made his within a day. Anima was surprised she could speak so quickly, but she also said it generally takes just a few weeks. Since my friend followed a proto-guide and didn't know much about it, he had no concept of how long it would take.

Granted she dissolved after a depression spurt several days after sentience, but a day is much shorter than what you're proposing.

What exactly did he do? What proto-guide?