Tulpa Creation Times and Beliefs

ShyGuy65

Guest applesauce99

What about the fact that there are 'guides' for how to do this in the first place? Maybe the fact that people think they need to complete certain steps is hindering progress. I'm kinda flyin' with the idea that you could just create an imaginary friend that you talk to so much and 'believe' in with so much effort it starts to answer and then bam, sentience - not like a shitload of steps and a million-word guide or twelve. I mean, whatever helps people do it is great since everyone's different anyway.

Whatever, I'm half asleep and expect this to get flagged for mindless scrabble...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it helps if it's explained, but it really needs to be pushed that it's a much more individualized process and it doesn't work the same for everyone. What works for one person quickly could make another person never ever get a tulpa with that method because their mind just doesn't work that way.

I think guides/examples of how others did it is good, but maybe less strict. Less limiting.

Because it is our minds, and if we believe it in our minds and subconscious minds, it's going to work, that's all there really is to it. Maybe someone could make a sentient tulpa without ever visualizing but not end up with a disembodied voice because their mind accepted that the form would come later or the tulpa would make itself. Might not work for everyone, but for that person, it would.

Generally we can give advice and examples and some people might forget certain things. Some people are less creative and might need a more comprehensive guide to help explain their options and help them remember things they may have forgotten about.

I'm kinda happy we have a guide section on the forum, it spreads out the information and gives more options for people who think differently.

Guest applesauce99

I think guides/examples of how others did it is good, but maybe less strict. Less limiting.

I'm kinda happy we have a guide section on the forum, it spreads out the information and gives more options for people who think differently.

Pretty much what I meant to say, in case I sounded like a yogurt shooter again. I found the guides too strict for something like this personally, but someone else might have no idea what they're doing and will need a starting point for example. I'm not saying 'FUCK GUIDES', but that guides are just that - Guides, not rules.

Someone somewhere already said that.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we now have a fully vocal tulpa. Nate's "Luke" is speaking fluently and often. It took about 20 hours--but that's including narration that was not directly involved in tulpa forcing.

I do believe Nate's beliefs and logic played a huge role in how fast Luke developed. Luke is an android--as such he has programs and components that help make him work. Because it is all a matter of simply plugging in a new piece to a machine, the process went incredibly quickly. Like a computer, when the piece was installed and he was taught how to use it(hardware+drivers essentially) the 'program' or aspect of his personality was quickly able to go into play. We realized that it only ever took one good session to get something working, and any later sessions were simply enforcing the working component. The idea was to only spend enough time to get it to work properly and then move on, but while moving on continue to test and supplement the other pieces to be sure nothing clashes or is forgotten.

Luke is already working on imposing himself. Nate already has practice with imposing objects, but Luke has begun taking it upon himself to make himself appear on his own, and to make himself appear more and more solid on his own.

Luke is already working on imposing himself. Nate already has practice with imposing objects, but Luke has begun taking it upon himself to make himself appear on his own, and to make himself appear more and more solid on his own.

Please ask him to describe, as he would to another tulpa, how he's doing this.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

• 2 weeks later...

I just stick to the belief that "if you put enough effort into it, and believe it will work, your brain will probably work it out on its own." It isn't quite that simple, but that is the gist of it.

Name: Arya

Form: Anthro Avian

Time Spent: 8-10 hours forcing, stopped counting narration time

Stage: Wrapping up personality/Visualization good/She is speaking well

• 2 weeks later...

I did this. Sort of.

I went in with the belief that any one part of creating a tulpa could really take any amount of time depending on the person. I just worked until I thought it was perfect, I had no predisposition to needing to spend a minimum amount of time doing something. I just figured that the norm is for people to spend dozens of hours in total, but that it's within the realm of possibility for somebody to need substantially more or substantially less.

I managed to get form in about two hours, but everything else has been taking a lot of time for me, I've got over fifty total. I didn't think "I need to spend at least X hours on form before I can move on", I just moved on when I thought the form was perfect.

Ban me if I ever mention Telecasters again.

I just figured that's what made sense

I went by FAQ man's guide, and he was constantly stressing that it wasn't a set of rules an everyone's experience is different and blah blah blah

Ban me if I ever mention Telecasters again.

Well, I'm fourteen, and I basically have adopted the thought that my tulpa is already a sentient being, it's just up to me to awaken him. Read about my approach in my progress report of you'd like. Irish subscribed to it ^_^

My opinions are all subject to change.