She's sentient, but how much?

Brad

I'm certain that my tulpa is sentient. She functions separate from me, sometimes unexpectedly, and has her own opinions, etc. The confusion lies in that she uses my mental resources to process her thoughts. By that I mean, when I speak to her, I can feel her thinking in my head, like when you're working out a math problem, but I don't know what the thoughts are about.

My question is this: Does sentience come in different levels, like low and high sentience, and would that be the cause of this, somewhat like an undeveloped mind?

Your tulpa is still developing its sentience, then you could feel it in a confused manner and things like that. The sentience can be devided in various grades, like in a measurement scale, so the "low and high" idea could be considered exact, but I think that there isn't a precise higher value, because it's is always in full evolution, such as personality (it's a mine opinion). And yes, it uses your mental resources because its mind isn't yet formed, but if you continue to narrate the problem will go away quickly.

She's borrowing and almost stealing a lot of your brain power and conscious effort because she can't form her own thoughts easily yet. Just keep talking to her and she'll gain independence.

Despite the name, the host bodybody is the one usually using this account. 

Spice was born in 2013 and Tomoe was born in 2014.

Like others have stated, there isn't a "sorta-sentient," "kinda-sentient," "2 orange peels sentient," etc. The idea behind sentience and assuming it from the start is to allow our tulpa develop some kind of independence without us worrying too much on, "am I doing this right am i doing this right am i doing this right am i doing this right am i doing this right am i doing this right?"

And since they're obviously within the confines of our perception of reality and the depths of our minds, we usually have tendencies that at some point, they're going to feed off from us, seeing as they're not entities we summon out of some other dimension. It's just that with someone being born, we feel it's natural that it's a matter of development.

But that's just for people who are led to have those presumptions. There are some people who have good understanding of how their mind works, especially in their dreams to the point where they just have willpower so strong and express so much confidence, they entrust faith their tulpa can use whatever resources available in their mind. These are the people who see that there's nothing wrong with our tulpa doing that, and that once the tulpa develops their own belief system and a totality of all possible ways to react to certain stimuli, etc., both the host can tulpa can go about being happy, creative, compassionate, empathetic, etc.

People tend to underestimate their subconscious, they really really do, they justify that raising their tulpa like children and hopefully into competent adult-like beings is better than "cheating" and going Green Lantern mode. But hey, just one of many routes to reach the same results, and hopefully understanding the lessons that comes with them.

• 2 weeks later...