Tulpa Community Census

Kronkleberry

Well, it’s been over a month of waiting. Time has been harsh, but I’m proud to announce that the census data is ready. Three hundred and sixty two people responded, from several different communities, answering over three hundred questions, producing twenty nine thousand points of data.

Without further ado, here it is: http://tiny.cc/TulpaCensusData . I’ve actually had to host the file as the spreadsheet is far too wide to be hosted on Google Docs.

Some notes about it:

First of all, the data is only as accurate as the people providing it. Generalities can be made, but the quality of data (especially on some questions) is dubious.

Secondly, this is already a month old. Don’t count it as the most bleeding edge data.

Thirdly, if anyone has a problem with it, or how I decided to interpret data, they can die in a hole.

Fourthly, I’m more than happy to answer any questions that people may have. I’m /u/Kronkleberry on reddit; Kronkle on #tulpa, #tulpa.info, and #redditulpas on Rizon (it’s a ping even if I’m on a different name); KronkleAlyson on tumblr; Kronkleberry on Tulpa.info.

Fifthly, Graphs are at the bottom of the pages.

A couple of things that I’ve noticed while pulling this together that aren’t made very explicit in the data.

One: OC vs Fandom tends to be a very divisive issue, with one side antagonizing the other.

Two: Ponies make up less of the community than people would make you believe.

Three: If you say that you can switch and/or possess with your first tulpa in under a week, most of the rest of your data is questionable, but that’s more of an editorial on my part.

Anyhow, thank you all who participated. I may do another in a few months. Special thanks to t7cb from the sub, and my buddy Ehud, for helping me finish it faster. Also, thanks to Chupi/Goopi for getting the word out on Tumblr and Tulpa.info, as well as those IRC channels.

Edit: Here's an online viewer for the data.

Staff Edit: 2014 Census [Here is the live form]

Tulpa: Alyson

Form: Human Female, slender body, Auburn hair, Emerald green eyes.

Tulpa: Lillian

Form: Human Female, slender, blonde, dark blue eyes

Nice analysis.

Though I disagree a bit with the way you interpreted my "Why" answers (you wrote "companionship", I'd rather classify them as "concept" or "curiosity")

Also I think it'd be more convenient to save it as an .xls file, I don't have Office 2007.

Could I make an infograph of this? I'm seeing a lot of data and it's kind of hard to manage in that spreadsheet.

My Tulpa

And then it cuts to a scene where you're sitting in a padded cell.

Just out of curiosity, why did you leave out the data from the tulpae themselves and the descriptions of the wonderlands? Is there a place where we can see those?

Edit: Online viewer says "file not found."

Could I make an infograph of this? I'm seeing a lot of data and it's kind of hard to manage in that spreadsheet.

Go for it. I just got tired of working on the data for so long.

Sorry that my included graphs were too hard to copy for you.

Tulpa: Alyson

Form: Human Female, slender body, Auburn hair, Emerald green eyes.

Tulpa: Lillian

Form: Human Female, slender, blonde, dark blue eyes

Sorry that my included graphs were too hard to copy for you.

Seeing that the online view doesn't work, yeah, pretty damn good he did post them so we can see the results without having to download shit.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Kronkle: The issue is that the online Excel viewer URL has a Dropbox "download" link with a timed key in it. I suggest you put the file in your Public folder -- from there, you should be able to make a direct link that doesn't expire, using "Copy Public Link".

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)