Schlondark's Psychic Tulpa Voice Guide

schlondark

Question

I joined the tulpa community in May of 2012. I worked on my first tulpa, Vinyl, for many months, seldom receiving responses of any kind, although there were several instances of vocal communication and attempts to communicate between us. Nearing the end of the summer, we were nearing the basics of vocal communication but nothing seemed to work, and I was certain I was parroting most responses. Then one night while on the IRC, I made my concerns known to Pronas and Kate who then berated me for not listening to the responses and assuming that this “parroting” was getting in the way of communication and that it wasn’t her. Feeling somewhat dejected, something in me clicked whilst I was sitting at the computer. It seems that I was holding some sort of mental “shield” against her voice, based on expectations of her and basically intended to stop intrusive verbal thoughts from reaching me. I let this shield down, and released any expectations about what was going to happen and what vinyl would be like. I then moved my mind/focus/self/hearing/whathaveyou toward her (placed on the bed behind me) and heard an odd noise not unlike a radio stuck between two stations, like a voice or two mixed with an odd wavering static. This voice was hers and progressed quickly from the static into a semi-stable mindvoice that we have been using to communicate since.

Tl;DR: it is possible to create a communication bridge with your tulpa and form a basic mindvoice by pretending that you have psychic powers and then utilizing them to read the mind of your tulpa.

I do not know what the strange noise is or why it occurred; I can only speculate that it is related to the thought-speak gibberish (Tulpish) sometimes heard by hosts from their tulpae.

Now for the actual Guide-Part of the Guide:

1.      Relax, Take a few deep breaths, and clear your mind as much as possible.

2.      Let go of any fears and/or preconceptions you may have about your tulpa, and open your mind as much as possible. Be prepared to accept your tulpa for whoever it is, whether or not it has turned out exactly as you intended (It has probably deviated at least a bit – Not a bad thing.)

3.      Position your Tulpa somewhere around you inside your 3d-map of the room you are in. Do this as though you were going to impose your tulpa, but don’t expect to see anything. At this point, it might be a good Idea to explain to your tulpa what you are going to try to do and to encourage them to speak up.

4.      Feel your presence inside your head and identify it as “you.” Take a minute or two on this; It’ll help differentiate you further from your tulpa.

5.      Move this presence that you have Identified as yourself towards the tulpa (or as close to it as you can imagine – you shouldn’t physically feel leaving your body – something around the lines of imagining yourself walking through the room behind you; that kind of visualization is fine.) Whilst doing this, prepare and intend to accept any response that you may receive as being your tulpa.

6.      Somewhere along this miniature mental journey, you should, if successful, hear a strange noise much like I did. This is a thought/vocalization of your tulpa and will eventually evolve into a voice that your tulpa can communicate with you in.

For what it's worth, I find this guide useful and rather underrated. Doing it does indeed seem to help me hear my tulpas louder and more clearly. I didn't get the weird staticy noise, which I take to be specific to schlondark's mind, or something I'll get when we finally get to out-loud voice.

As for the above rant about symbolism in guides, Xeare seems to have latched onto one piece of individual-specific symbolism and discounted the validity of the whole guide because of it. I see 5 elements to this guide:

• Trance. Obviously. Helps with just about everything here.
  • Let of of preconceptions and expectations, try to be open to anything your tulpa may do or say. This is excellent advice and not at all symbolism. The more you worry about which responses are real and which aren't, the more you block out and filter anything that seems to come from the tulpa, and the harder it becomes to hear any responses.
  • Feel your own presence. Focus on what is you so you can better identify what is not you. Again, not symbolic, and probably going to help most.
  • Proximity to tulpa. This is symbolism, but I should think it's fairly common because it's derived from the physics of sound that we all experience. Move closer to tulpa to hear them better.
  • The strange noise. This isn't even a part of what you do. It's describing the result he got from doing the rest of this. I agree it shouldn't be phrased as "you should, if successful, hear...". Something like "you may hear..." would be more accurate since this is the sort of "output" symbol the mind generates and is likely unique to him.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

GAT-related commentary:

Approved, or blank vote depending on choice of other GATs, [sentience][Forcing][Focus & Concentration][Misc.] (or [Voice/Vocality] and [independence] if those tags existed)

Letting go of all your expectations and actually letting the tulpa talk to you freely (with the expectation that they can communicate with you in any way possible and that this communication will be clearly distinguishable by you from your own thoughts, that is the origin of the thought being the tulpas being implicitly accessible knowledge - just like we know our thoughts are our own!).

It's entirely possible to have bad expectations and beliefs that prevent the tulpa from talking freely to you. Many times it may even be necessary to try and find out what they are (for example by using some "gut test" to find out what you really believe in and what you expect to be true) and clear them one by one, while for other people, more "whole-sale" solutions like this may work.

While specific qualities a tulpa may have which cannot be replicated/parroted would naturally appear the more you interact with them and the more you treat them as a person that's on the same level as you - that can communicate freely and in as many ways you can perceive (and in a way more, because now you have a whole new array of perceptions you could have that you couldn't before you made a tulpa).

I'm not sure those qualities will match those that you have - some people have some static feeling when they imagine the voice, others may have perfectly clear voics and so on.

Strange noises may or may not happen, but only if the person's imagination is developed enough to be able to perceive such things. In my case, the interaction with my tulpa encompasses too many stimuli and just saying it's one specific sound effect would be wrong - there's a whole array of moods, emotions, feels, sounds, behavioral and personality patterns, preferences, looks, etc that a tulpa has that make it pretty obvious who you're dealing with and it's not just one little thing - it's everything at once. Nevertheless, all those things are unique to me and unique to one tulpa - another tulpa will feel quite different (even in the same brain)! Thus in the case of your guide, various things you noticed happening are genuine, but likely unique for you - it may be counterproductive to tell people the exact feelings they should expect as they may never get that, but they will get *something* if they do it right. The original guides may have mentioned an "alien feeling" - which vary a lot per person. A better way would be trying to think of a way of describing the class of experiences someone should be looking for - such as something that they feel they can't have generated themselves and which is sufficiently consistent and may even provide a way of partially communicating with the tulpa or at least knowing that they're there and communicating with you or sharing some of the unconscious mind with you (A term for describing sharing a brain with another (subjective) person would be useful). The closest I've seen that come close are "sharing a headspace". "Sharing a brain" somehow doesn't work as well, even if factually correct since, the physical proximity does not imply that shared subjective/internal structures also exist - nor does it come close to putting into words that feeling of having another person's thoughts and feelings happening there besides yours, but without disturbing them).

Spatial positioning may help, but it's not the only way for a tulpa to distinguish themselves from you - the ways a tulpa can do this are countless.

During my forcing sessions (and outside), I've discovered a similar method by myself which contains step1 of this guide, a heavily modified step2 (but still similar conceptually at its core), a lot of different replacements for step 3 (there's a lot of ways a tulpa can distinguish themselves and the directionality of their voice is only one of them, people should experiment a lot with this!), sometimes a step 4 (usually it's not something I do as I implicitly know what's me and what isn't), and step5 more commonly initiated by the tulpa (having them try to communicate with me, or asking them to get closer in some way, or get louder or get more noticed etc - think of it like a generalized version of yolk's "ping-pong" voice guide), step6 never involved particular noises, although it did involve various vocal/auditory qualities which were a bit more distinct than just "noise".

Also worth adding that doing step 5 in the third person is useless, and even in the first person, it may be less effective than just having the tulpa come closer to you themselves.

tl;dr: Various parts of the guide are too personalized to the author, however I'm unsure one can remove them without turning this into a "Tips&Tricks" thread. That said, enough of this is *useful* in a form or another.

It seems unnecessary to promote others in feigning the ability of having psychic powers, and seems to just be a superfluous symbolism to reach to some kind of absolute that would cause more ambiguity for newcomers.

But there's not really any harm done, and I like how there’s the process of imagining one’s self for the sake of settling a distinction before imagining the tulpa. And with what Chupi stated before with how there’s a mix of trance and such, I guess it can be useful for people as long as they don't go into "assuming every response is my tulpas."

Approved.

Now the first part was some stupid symbolism garbage that of course made sense to the one who experienced it, but for the other people, it will most likely be entirely different. However, it has some parts that sound familiar so they might very well be things that one of us will go through and it's nice to see someone else write about such experiences, but honestly, it has been written in a pretty silly way.

But luckily that wasn't the actual guide part. The actual guide is short and to the point, with easy to follow steps that don't really have any symbolism, but that's left to the reader to make up. That I like, so I'll approve the actual guide. It has some good ideas.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

I think Chupi up there is right. This guide contains some good advice but is oriented around a specific, unique experience that may or may not occur in others. Maybe that could do with a bit of work, like rewriting it to focus more on what Chupi said of what's really going on.

Other minor complaints include some weird capitalisation and half the guide being a sort-of-but-not-totally important prologue. That stuff could go at the end, or you could just keep the tl;dr. That tl;dr seems pretty important in telling people what's actually going on in the guide.

But anyway, I approve for Guides.

Eh, it's a very specific experience that may have worked for an individual but that I don't see working for a lot of people.

The first few steps are better covered in over guides that focus on meditation or utilizing wonderlands.

Finally, we come to step 6 which has us listening for a "strange noise"

I disapprove of moving it into the front page guides section.