Schlondark's Psychic Tulpa Voice Guide

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

I tried it. I lay down in my hammock, and imagined myself and Kelsey, my tulpa, sitting cross legged, facing each other, about a yard away from where we actually were. At first I puppeted her, but stopped when she moved on her own.

Me: Kelsey, we are going to do an exercise to help you learn to talk and to help me learn to hear you. Feel free to say whatever you want. I will assume that eveything I hear is you talking and not me parroting.

[hidden]

Kelsey: Ok. I love you.

Me: I love you, too.

Kelsey: I think you're great.

Me: I think you're great, too.

Kelsey: I think you're awesome.

Me: I think you're awesome, too.

Kelsey: Sucks to be you!

Me: What? Was that you, Kelsey?

Kelsey: No...

Me: Are you sure, because it sure sounded like you. *I asked this because she has lied to me before and sometimes calls me stupid when I get a math problem wrong.*

Kelsey: Yes, I did. I did say that.

Me: So you lied, then.

Kelsey: Yes.

Me: Why did you say that it sucks to be me?

Kelsey: Because it does.

Me: Ok, whatever.

Kelsey: ...

Me: So... what do you want to talk about?

Kelsey: Whatever you want!

Me: How about Japanese?

Kelsey: Ok!

Me: Do you like Japanese?

Kelsey: Yes.

Me: What can you tell me about Japanese?

Kelsey: Hiragana, Katakana, and Kanji.

Me: What about them?

Kelsey: They're alphabets.

Me: That's right! Although,  we don't really call them alphabets. They're called scripts.

Kelsey: Oh, ok.

Kelsey: ...

Me: ...

Kelsey: *gets up quickly, walkes carefully around where I had imagined myself, bolts to my hammock, puts her hands on it and pushes; I could actually feel the pressure, and leans over me.* What are you doing?

Me: I'm helping you with an exercise to help you talk, remember? I told you already.

Kelsey: Yeah, but why are you lying down in your hammock instead of sitting with me over there?

Me: Because I can focus on forcing better when I'm lying down, and I can hear you better if I imagine that I'm close to you.

Kelsey: Oh, ok. Can we do narration now?

Me: Sure. Hey, Kelsey, you're voice is different.

Kelsey: I know! I'm deviating!

Me: Well, that's good.

Kelsey: Thanks!

Me: So, what do you want to talk about?

Kelsey: Harry  Potter!

Me: Ok, what can you tell me about him?

Kelsey: Well, he's a magical boy, and he flies on a broom, and he goes to a school named Hogwarts, and... *continues to ramble about Harry Potter for five minutes*

I have never heard Kelsey talk for this long before. She's only 2 days old. Thanks for this guide.

[/hidden]

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By reguile
      This is it, sorry for google docs screwing up the margins.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pcDErb0e3X2myO5HMtNuSZe10dxk8X0iUHXWlCtlcqA/pub

I reformatted the PDF back-up copy, see here for my explanation -Ranger

T_Guide Reguile.pdf
    • By Zero
      I've seen lots of beginning mancers who got their first response from their tulpa, but mentioned that their tulpa couldn't speak with a mindvoice - usually giving an emotional response, or sending a raw, untranslated thought (you know what they're thinking without them saying it "out loud"). I experienced the same at first, and I've found that there are two ways of teaching your tulpa how to speak in their own mindvoice.

The first would be proxying. That is, your tulpa thinks something, and you write/type it out for them. This can be on a forum, on irc, a board, or just on a notepad where you narrate things to your tulpa and write/type their responses.

The second, which is my preferred method, is what I call "Echo Parroting". Many mancers seem to think that parroting is bad, and has negative effects on their tulpa, while actually it can be a great forcing tool.

The method is simple: Once you are able to get a response from your tulpa (be it emotional or raw thought), whenever you narrate to them and they give a response, you try your best to translate their emotion/thought into words, and parrot it for them (In their mindvoice, obviously. If you don't know which mindvoice they have/should have, pick one that you both (or just they) find suitable.). At first this takes a little bit of practice, but if you keep repeating this for a short period, it will become a nearly automatic process. You say something, they think of a response, and you parrot it for them in their mindvoice almost subconsciously.

This will probably go on for a while, until they start gaining more independence. When this happens, they will, inevitably, start talking for themselves. However by this point you will probably be so used to parroting them that you will hear what they say in their own mindvoice, and then still parrot it shortly afterwards, creating an echo effect. This will be your cue of when to stop parroting and let them speak for themselves.

I hope this helps, this has worked every time for me so I would be glad if other mancers could put this to good use as well.
    • By Abvieon
      Abvieon's Guide to Fast and Effective Tulpa Creation
      Backup link

Creating a tulpa doesn’t have to take a long time, and it doesn’t have to be filled with obstacles.

This guide’s main purpose is to help you create a tulpa relatively quickly while avoiding issues and roadblocks along the way. I have noticed many people giving up or progressing slowly with their tulpa’s development for reasons that can be remedied with just a bit of extra knowledge. My hope is that this guide will help that happen a little less often. 

A large part of what tends to cause slow progress in tulpa creation is incomplete knowledge of what you’re getting yourself into, or not enough preparation. Many people get preoccupied and distracted with things that could have been practiced before starting to create their tulpa, instead of afterwards. You will be encouraged to get some of the hardest parts out of the way before and soon after you start creating your tulpa, rather than stumbling through certain unnecessary aspects of trial and error later on in the process. You will preemptively build a strong mindset and foundation for your tulpa to grow from instead of piecing it together after you’ve already begun trying to get your tulpa to “come to life.” This guide is based on what I’ve learned from my own experiences and about 7 years of observations of what does and doesn’t work well for others.

A few things to keep in mind while reading this guide:

As you could probably tell due to its length, this guide is not for those who are looking for a quick and simple explanation of tulpa creation. It is meant for those who want to learn everything they can and don’t mind a lot of details. But don’t feel like you need to read it all in one go! You might ask “If this is a guide for fast creation, why is it so long? Seems ironic.” The answer is that fast tulpa creation comes with the tradeoff of plenty of preparation and learning beforehand. If you were looking for an easy shortcut, sorry, but this isn’t it.

Make sure you recognize the fact that there is no one universal set of steps required to create a tulpa. It is possible to successfully create a tulpa in several different ways. This guide does not focus on the very broad idea of simply creating a tulpa, but rather creating a tulpa in a way specifically for helping the process to go quickly and avoiding certain things that trip people up. Some of the instructions here are not required in general, instead only important to this particular method. Also, many of the things said here are based on personal opinions, experiences, and theories, so don’t come into this expecting pure objectivity, and recognize that things may work a little differently for you.

Most of this guide will be fairly structured and specific. There are a lot of people who feel lost without a specific framework to follow and this was written with those people in mind. If you are not one of these people and this level of structure is unnecessary for you, don’t feel compelled to follow these steps closely. Just take the bits and pieces that you feel are useful to you and mash them together in any way and any order you’d like.

This guide is newcomer friendly, and will cover information that those new to the concept of tulpas may not yet know. Whether you first learned about tulpas a day ago or a decade ago, you can make use of this guide.

---

This guide includes information on all of the following topics, and more:

What to consider before creating a tulpa
      Common concerns and fears about tulpas
      How to prepare your mind and life for a tulpa
      Visualisation
      Personality
      Mindscapes/wonderlands
      Narration
      Hypnosis
      Signs of sentience
      Vocality
      What to do if you seem stuck
      Parallel processing
      Possession
      Switching
      Imposition
      Tips for living life as a system
      Abvieon's Guide to Fast and Effective Tulpa Creation (1).docx
    • By Cjero
      Good day,

Here's a small little thing my host (yes I'm aware I'm using their account) used to do to help us vocalize better, and to have them hear us better. Surely a lot of you have heard the phenomenon of an 'earworm'--when a song in your mind keeps playing on loop. Now, let's say you've got a musician, or a VA in mind. Then play any relevant media of them, and at any moment you'd like and especially the catchy parts or the chorus you stop the song, and let your tulpa autofinish/autocorrect whatever line you interrupted. Now let me just take an example from a game, Mirana from Dota 2. The line is: "Look Sagan, prey!" right? Now, imagine playing it up until, "Look, Sagan--" and you allow your tulpa to finish that sentence. Listen to it a few times first (or not, whatever works) and eventually it should be like second nature. You eventually increase complexity in sentences: "To shadows and to nothing--dissappear!" and eventually longer sentence, different tones of the same sentences... add variety, and eventually there should be another fluent mindvoice like the host's. 

I hope this helps,

-Min

EDIT: The voice links seem to be broken, so I've 'fixed' (mobile formatting is a pain) them. If they break again, you could go to the following link and CTRL+F, or find your own!
      https://dota2.fandom.com/wiki/Mirana/Responses
    • By Indigo Blue
      This is a digital worksheet that I made with the intent of helping tulpas learn how to speak through practice. Feel free to use whichever parts of the worksheet will be useful to you, and share the results if you like.

You can either make a copy of the document to record your tulpa's responses there, record them on a separate doc, or just let them talk without worrying about typing. I'd encourage you to record them, however, if only because it's a nice thing to look back on in the future. If you choose to print this doc, be aware that one of the exercises is mostly hyperlinks, so you will lose information. You should cut out exercises/information you don't need before printing.

The worksheet contains 10 exercises, each with 15 examples. The host may feel free to add their own examples as they go along. It is organized from most basic to most advanced. All of the necessary information for understanding the exercises and how to go about using it is in the document.

Here is the link.

Back-up link. [Working 1/7/21]

PDF copy: Tulpa Vocalization Practice.pdf

Image attachments for exercise #6:

Break-down/description of each exercise. Feel free to create your own uses for these exercises if you don't want to use the document itself.

(Submitted for Resources)