-----

I think going mainstream would be a terrible thing for tulpas. As it stands it's already an easy target for ridicule, and further increasing the availability would probably lead to more people acting very immature with it and lead to more bad press. The points about it ending up in the news is probably not far off from what would occur, given that most religious folks (especially here in the US, moreso in the more conservative areas of the country) would view it as some kind of devil-worship, or at least something like demon-posession. I'd prefer it stay basically where it is now, and maybe get more scientific involvement. Perhaps a few psychologists or neuroscientists in the community would help, or at least getting them to take a look and give their take.

Well not all religious people are like that, I mean we're not that bad.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the fear with religion labeling it as devil worship would make things doubly ironic and hypocritical on their end, especially with their own beliefs with supernatural deities/entities/etc. and such, that they would have the audacity into thinking that creating thought-forms is so out-of-norm with their beliefs.

But as I'm saying that, there are definitely some things to be approached with caveat in how we express our own beliefs and how people add this tulpa experience with their own religion. To be honest, anything is really possible, but when it's implanted through the Internet and people see the benefits if people aim to see how this phenomenon is completely different than the knee-jerk responses on associations people would use (i.e. kinda schizophrenic, sorta-schizophrenia, forced schizophrenia, and other absurd terms), it dampens the effect a bit, but with how things can get viral and how memes can spread about, who knows if it'll make much of a difference?

• 3 months later...

I've been thinking about this for a while. I even wrote an article about tulpas to present the ideas to my school and get people aware of them. I don't want tulpas to go mainstream, because people are so fucking stupid. It'd be frowned upon by so many cultures in so many ways, and 13 year olds with daddy problems would make them to be rebellious. I can see some good things coming out of it like opening the minds of the public, but there are too many negatives.

However, I'd love for science to acknowledge them.

Name-Yuki

Sex-Female

Form1-Arctic wolf, big blue eyes

Form2-Long white hair, blue eyes, pale skin, white wolf ears/tail, light blue jacket

Personality-Compassionate, calm, sarcastic, playful, protective, introverted

Stage-Sentient, vocal, working on possession

I would prefer them to stay as that "cool new mind trick I learned from sources."

Name: Raid

Sentience: Confirmed

Working on: Vocality

Personality Traits: Is awesome a personality trait?

Form: 1. Pegasus Pony, with a flat, pink mane, and pink tail, and yellow coat. Also, blue eyes.

2. A blue-haired human (only encountered in dream so far)

Guest Anonymous

I wouldn't mind if tulpas became mainstream so long as there was factual evidence given behind what they are, and can, and can not do. If things revolving around tulpas were scientifically proven, I think the issues would be minimal. As they are now, though, that'd be an absolute no from me. Many people within this community don't know what they are doing or talking about (not related to subjectivity, but to common sense and logic). Once people do know, and have a means of backing up their knowledge with proof, things will change. And then it might be a good idea to start spreading this phenomenon around.

One of the things I'd love to see is a scientist strap someone up to an MRI and other brain scanning tech and do a long term study of the brain during the tulpa creation process, then study the host-tulpa possession/switch event. A psychologist, sociologist, neuroscientist & and lord knows who could write some papers on the effect of tulpa on various parts of the human mind, it's functioning and it's wiring if they did.

As an addendum to my previous post, they could do it on a range of testers, based on how they wish to present the concept to them: such as telling a devout christian that the technique to experience the divine; or telling a buddhist that it is a meditation test on the path to enlightenment; or an atheist that it is simply a long-term and science heavy study on the human brain and such

Me: Hey, say something for this thread!

Koharu: Yay, cupcakes!

mfw there are no cupcakes. Sentience? Yes. Brilliance? Ehh...

• 4 weeks later...

Bleh, the mainstream. I can see it now...

Tonight on Fox News: Are Disturbing 'Tulpa' Cults Giving Your Child Schizophrenia?!

Bacn can do without.

Hahahaha. Exactly what I fear. [i do not give schizophrenia. I am schizophrenia. LOL JK I'm Ravi R.V.S.P.P.M. Dutta. (Really Hassan you had to type ALL OF MY MIDDLE INITIALS... You are a force my child.)] Why are you calling me your child if you're my birlfriend that's creepy [okay, sorry, my uh... Tangible immature teenager.]

~~Guide to Ravi's pronouns~~

Ne- used like He

Nem- used like Him/Her

Nir- used like His/Her (as in "His friend is fun")

Nirs- used like His/Hers (as in "It is hers")

Nemself- used like Himself/Herself