How to check if someone actually has a Tulpa?

What kind of ridiculous thing? I'm no tulpa expert, and when we're doing tulpa things on these forums, what is 'ridiculous', anyway?

If I suddenly drop out of Chat, it means I was on my old and unreliable laptop. Was. PM me instead, because I can reply to PMs using my 3DS, but it can't use Chat.

Progress Report

...Can that be done? It sounds like suicide, except it'd be better because your body would still be alive.

If I suddenly drop out of Chat, it means I was on my old and unreliable laptop. Was. PM me instead, because I can reply to PMs using my 3DS, but it can't use Chat.

Progress Report

Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

people killing their consciousness so tulpa can be the new consciousness

The only reason I believe in this is because we had a legit member who claimed it. Don't know if Tess is around anymore, at least on the forums anymore. Other than her/it, I don't think its as easy as RPers make it out to be.

fourfiction, the idiot.

Could you explain how one would go about doing this? Killing their own mind, and replacing it with a tulpa who'd eat and drink and breathe and keep the body alive until life gets better and the host returns, or something?

Progress Report

Just going to put it out there that this kind of thing is highly unlikely killing oneself like this then leaving the tulpa in control that is. What you must know is even if a tulpa is in control you cant just simply remove the persona of oneself. It is much more harder then you realize unless you want to go mad scientist and start doing some very self mutilating procedures that will most likely kill you befor you ever are able to remove ones own mind or the host out of the brain. Then allow the tulpa to take control. Not to mention it will harm the tulpa most likely for it will feel out of place and more empty then you would feel if you lost it. However it is possible to fool oneself into believing you are the tulpa and thinking that the host as in you is gone but not actually still im open to it and if anybody can provide some insight that says it possible with fact then im all ears.

Tulpa progress Name not given yet working on giving her voice.

Form human pinkish red hair with glasses normal body.

She contradicts me in certain ways. She has more emotions then I have yet I wish to be more emotional. Im estimating at least 300 more hours should be put into her. She was from my dreams.

What about that one guy, (Oguigi I think?) who in his Progress Report claimed that he and his tulpa had been switched for at least four months. Four freaking months!

Spending four months with no control, 'I have no mouth and I must scream'-style, sounds like hell to me. Sure, it'd be nice to go into my Wonderland and godmode around, creating my perfect paradise and taking a break from all of this, but four whole months with no real-life work done?

[And I don't think I could handle four whole months of my host's shitty life.]

Progress Report

Just going to put it out there that this kind of thing is highly unlikely killing oneself like this then leaving the tulpa in control that is. What you must know is even if a tulpa is in control you cant just simply remove the persona of oneself. It is much more harder then you realize unless you want to go mad scientist and start doing some very self mutilating procedures that will most likely kill you befor you ever are able to remove ones own mind or the host out of the brain. Then allow the tulpa to take control. Not to mention it will harm the tulpa most likely for it will feel out of place and more empty then you would feel if you lost it. However it is possible to fool oneself into believing you are the tulpa and thinking that the host as in you is gone but not actually still im open to it and if anybody can provide some insight that says it possible with fact then im all ears.

I've had discussions with friends about consciousness and even within certain philosophical traditions exists the notion that consciousness is always changing. Granted this would be a radical change, but not one which happens overnight.

Also, I think many spiritual movements ultimately culminate in the "Destruction of the Self". Granted this is more like "Trading Spaces: The Ego Edition" but this isn't too far off most ideas of enlightenment I think.

The ability for a tulpa and someone's self-identity to switch and dissolve into one another makes a lot of sense if they both originate from the same mind. This might that your own self-identity or consciousness is something that resides within your mind rather than your mind being a product of your consciousness (or if this makes sense to you: s an operating system resides within the computer rather than the other way around).

Perhaps, it isn't that absurd do something like this but that's just my opinion.