Want to turn a parroted imaginary friend into a Tulpa!

For a bit over a year now I have been projecting an imaginary friend, who's shape varies between many different animals(Though lately it is a Red Fox). He is very much an imaginary friend. Even though he is my main source of consolation, entertainment and humor when I am bored, and a nearly constant companion as a lazy form or a chattering voice, I now realize that I have parroted him pretty much his whole "life." I don't know what is sounds like when a Tulpa talks to you, but his voice is more or less mine, and I would definitely never mistaken it as an actual voice.

But now, since we discovered Tulpae, we are excited with the proposal of turning him into one. My question is, can it be done? How can I attempt to listen for a voice with him always talking all the time, or try to project him with him already there? I can't look for him in my wonderland because as a constant companion, it is impossible to have him not be there. I am also afraid that I have parroted him too far beyond help. I never really thought it bad, but I guess it is definitely a horrible practice for Tulpa.

So I hope someone can help me/us out. I really want to turn him into a Tulpa, and yes, we have given it much thought, but I am not sure if a parroted imaginary friend can become one. What do you think?

Just stop parroting him, and start applying some of the methods detailed in the various guides around here (i.e. narration, personality trait forcing, visualization, etc.). If you're worried about parroting, there are ways to check for sentience (such as the King of the Vanderreich prism). It can definitely be done, and usually the tulpa will retain memories of when they were an imaginary friend as well.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

This is basically how most of my tulpae came about. Now, think about this - are you sure you're still parroting, or does this "imaginary friend" seem to be autonomous? If there's little to no conscious input from you, then, chances are, you're not parroting, because parroting is a conscious action.

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

Sometimes I do puppet and parrot him, other times I maybe am not. There are times when he talks so fluid that it can't just be me. I am glad for that, but it is so hard to stop!

Also, any ideas on how I can sit for more than 10 minutes at a time while forcing?

Every time, someone just can't sit still.

• Concentration/patience is learned, so practice it.
  • If you're using a computer or something before you do it, don't. Read a book or something.
  • Try harder.