Changing Beliefs, How-To and a Study

ThatOneGuy

This thread is for the how whereas this thread is for the why. Refer there for a bit more info.

The belief system is something that has a large affect on our life, and yet is more malleable than many people seem to realize. One of these things that it may affect is how long it takes to make tulpa, or other limiting things such as the belief that they can't change after imposition or some such. I'm writing this up in an effort to get the community to try and change their beliefs so that I may gather evidence on just how much the belief system affects tulpa creation and interaction.

Observational and Imaginary Beliefs

The first step in changing any belief is to recognize exactly what that belief is. You sit down, and think about what exactly you believe about something. And once you figure it out, you ask yourself why? Why do you have that belief? Is it based around observations or is it imaginary? Does it have any base in something said by credible sources? Figure these things out, and then provide counterarguments to them and then present them. For example, the argument for a belief is Dane, a very credible member of the community said that this is so, and thus I believe it. Now think to yourself, Well, what if he was wrong? Eventually you'll follow a thread of arguments and counterarguments until eventually you can't think of any legitimate reason that the belief is there. Destroying your logic for holding an imaginary belief like that is key in getting rid of it.

Observational beliefs (such as The sky is blue or 1+1=2), however, are a bit of a different kind of nut to crack. I've found the best way to begin working on those is to cut off the observation (stop looking at the sky, avoid doing math for a bit, or that particular problem), and then begin the method of your choosing for belief changing, which I will be getting to. Observational beliefs are based around things that you can perceive, and yet still can be changed assuming the stimuli of the observation is cut off for a short period of time. Changing these beliefs can get to a point where the new belief (like the sky is red or something) goes against all logic, and yet remain.

Methods

Method One: Affirmations.

Affirmations are simply repeating something to yourself over and over until eventually the idea that you are repeating is planted in your subconscious. It is one of the more common methods for belief changing, and has been used successfully in the past. The first step after pinning down the belief and either cutting off stimuli or beating it down with counterarguments is to design the affirmation to plant exactly the kind of belief you want, or to destroy exactly the kind of belief you want. Design it so that it covers all facets of the belief, and yet still feels good to repeat over and over. For example, the sky is blue, correct? Go to a dark room where you can't see it, and repeat to yourself over and over "The sky is red". It's a simple destruction and planting of the new belief that the sky is red. Eventually you may have convinced yourself that the sky is indeed red, until you go outside and take a look. If so, then congratulations, you've just changed an observational belief. Imaginary beliefs are a bit more tricky to come up with an affirmation for, since they tend to be a bit more complex and rest in a net of other beliefs. The arguments and counterargument preparation should have broken away the other beliefs, however, up to a point where one only needs a simple affirmation. Say the belief is "Tulpa can't change form after imposition." Breaking away other beliefs with the arguments and counterarguments allows one to use a very simple affirmation for it, something along the lines of "Tulpa can change form after imposition." Just repeat and repeat until you feel that your views have been changed.

Method Two: Self-Hypnosis

The second method here involves inducing hypnosis, and then somehow inserting the belief after it's pinned down and prepared. This thread created by Hawaiian and the article linked inside should help with learning how to induce hypnosis. After you can achieve it, prepare something that will plant the concept in your mind. Usually just saying a single line works fine. Just like the affirmation, it has to be simple and beat the belief into the dirt. Once in a hypnotic state, simply repeat the line to yourself a few times.

I personally prefer affirmations, but that's just me.

Permanence and Strength of Beliefs

The more affirmations are repeated, the belief strengthens and the chance of it reverting back to the previous belief is lowered. The same holds true for the hypnosis, in that if it's done often the belief should stick. While the amount of time it takes for people to change beliefs differs, I'd recommend doing a session of affirmations a day/a single hypnosis session per day for a week for a good level of permanence.

What I'm tasking the community to do specifically is to break down any preconceived notions of the amount of time it takes to make a tulpa. I'm not asking them to plant beliefs that it's very quick, but to try to become neutral on the issue. Afterwards, I want to see if hour counts drop. If they do, then I may have been onto something with creation time and the belief system. If not you now have a nice guide for changing beliefs, and possibly others that are limiting (Such as the belief that tulpae can't change their form after imposition.).

Also a brief note: tulpae appear to be able to change the belief system very rapidly and easily. While this could take a while, a tulpa could change a belief easily within five minutes or less. This is indeed one of the benefits of having one.

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

Okay, so after some thought, I came to the conclusion that I believed that a tulpa takes approx. 70 hours to become sapient; that belief should be broken now.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

I've actually been trying this throughout the entire time that I've been tulpaforcing. I've probably put about forty hours into it. We'll see if it works soon.

I can confirm the affirmation method; I've used it on myself because I was curious to its limits. I told myself every day when I woke up, once throughout the day (usually when I was eating), and once before I went to bed something ridiculous. In about a month, however, I began to believe it. After I confirmed that something this ridiculous could be learned to believe, I began to undo the process by affirming that it was a lie.

In the end, the idea is still in the back of my head.

You might want to look into an author by the name of Robert Anton Wilson, you can find a lot of his stuff online. Mostly he was concerned with alteration of consciousness, i.e. beliefs. Damn good at it too, listen to him and do his exercises and you'll come out paranoid or an aggravated agnostic.

"It must have a 'natural' cause."                           let these two asses

                                                                                         }be set to grind corn!

"It must have a 'supernatural' cause."       

• 4 weeks later...

my only concern is that most will subconsciously be telling themselves that it takes less time, yielding tainted results.

his name is vapes.

Why would it yield 'tainted results'? The only result I can foresee is less time being taken to achieve the same result, even if they do subconsciously tell themselves that it does indeed take less time.

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

So if I manage to convince myself that in the next week my Tulpa would be vocal, it would help her along the process of becoming vocal?

Tulpa - Kaliea

Form: Human female

Sentience: Possibly

Stage -

Visualization: Done

Narration: Continuing

Touch: Almost Done

Smell: Yet to begin

Imposition: Yet to begin