Linkzelda's Drawing Archive & Drawing Requests Thread

Linkzelda

WOOOPS, I'm confusing Clarence for Justine, I'm so sorry, Enantiodromia! It's Justine that I'll be attempting, forgive me for the mistake there, I usually scan through your signature, and presume Justine's links would be at the end. :P

It's alright. You did say Justine in the email, so I was just wondering about that. Do you have any estimation as to when it will be done by?

Tulpas: Justine, Guess, Clarence

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Testing out a program called dDo for a render on the model of myself I'm working on. My complexion is way too dark for this model, so I guess this is one of those things that I'll progressively try to improve on.

Pretty happy with the test results, seeing how this model in particular is only at the 200k polygon count (compared to the one that was like 3 million+). I wanted to see if I could have the 14k model, but I'll have to do that with normal maps in another rendering program (Marmoset toolbag in particular).

This was just to get into the habit of finding some kind of procedural workflow that I'll hopefully integrate to other projects in the future, and the requests here as well. Going to have to do the eyes, and maybe the teeth and mouth eventually as well.

And the ear area, I pretty much gave up on that for now. This isn't something to take so seriously, I just want to get into a workflow that I can repeat over and over.

brandon_stephen_mouth_open_ddo_render_test__1_by_linkzelda41-d7802hf.png

I don't know how much you've been doing this but wow. The ears might need a little more of improvement as well as the eyebrows need to look more realistic but again it looks like you're still working on it. Congratulations.

Thanks for the response and critique, DreamWalker. :)

Here's my first facial animation test (watch in 720p, or else)!

[video=youtube]

There's still a lot more to work on, especially making the smile less creepy, and I probably should've changed the field of view to make the perspective less weird.

And these are two random renders:

757cbcfb1244dc8b5980afc660f9972d-d785t3u.png

3a4cfebf55f4b1074d4dc6bd0cdcadb2-d787w1v.png

Second test with the facial animation, it seems things look a little better than before. One big difference is that the focal length is changed dramatically so I don't look as if I have big juicy lips, and a big forehead. :P The second is the deformations themselves were restricted to prevent myself looking like a Joker with an abnormal smile or mouth opening.

[video=youtube]

It seems that things are going okay for now, which means I can go ahead and start modeling Enantiodromia's tulpa, and most likely provide an animation test with a sound overlay in the future (if she sends me an audio clip she wants me to put into the animation of course).

And these are the references I plan to use in some way, so if you're reading this Enantiodromia, this is just to ensure I can get as much likeness to the original picture you suggested for me to use:

http://imgur.com/a/a5GXR#0

WIP of Justine:

483a8360b315b57c470d072d1c001344-d79tw76.png

The head looks weird, but it will be covered up with hair in the future. From the references, it's hard finding a profile (side view) of the person I'm modelling from. So I have to try and be resourceful of the 3/4 view and front views she has online.

I'm not sure if I'm going to do the ears, since they may be covered up with the hair. Unless of course, there's a specific hairstyle in mind.

Them lips. But seriously, you are doing an amazing job on this so far, I can't wait to see the end product! I have reference audio for her original form before she deviated into this. I might see if I can edit it to be more fitting to her personality. Just tell me when you need it by and I can try to get it done.

Tulpas: Justine, Guess, Clarence

Experimenting with fibermesh to try and get the hairstyle, and I will color the hair later on so it matches pink. I just chose a random hair texture so there could be UV's laid out for this.

As for the balled up hair, it's a tactic used to help separate each piece, and lengthen them one section at a time. Think of it as actually doing someone's hair by balling it up into a curl, and then straightening it out and curling it as well. And the face is at a low topology level since I wanted to render out the hair alone, the final product will obviously look a lot better, hopefully. :P

http://linkzelda41.deviantart.com/art/Justine-with-Hair-Test-Collection-1-442207969

justine_with_hair_test_collection__1_by_linkzelda41-d7ba1up.png