Sub-conscious Parroting

When I was younger up until now, I always talked to myself because I didn't have much of a fondness for people. Well, I got to the point where answering myself became automatic, I would talk out loud to myself and then my mind would replg to me. But I think this is interfering with my tulpa's vocality. Any suggestions?

Tulpa: Kellen

Form: 16 year old Male-human

Working on: Vocality

We might develop predispostions to parrot on a subconscious level (as in a conditioned response and habit), and when it's this type of parroting when you're on the fine line of trying to wait for an automatic response to where you don't have cognitive processing in it that quickly, it's a challenge, because our tulpa can easily respond quickly. But all I can say is to redirect how you feel you might be parroting and apply it to your tulpa.

In fact, use the same detachment (or lack of fondness) you generally have for others to really see the experience, your thoughts, as something that can give your tulpa more comfort and feel at ease when you want to talk to them. Because the more we find ourselves not worrying about other people's lives, the more time we have to analyze and just experiment with our thoughts and just telling our tulpa they are free to dive into our unconscious.

If anything, go through implications of your tulpa absorbing your thoughts, even if it feels like parroting. Because sooner or later, your tulpa is going to learn at an unconscious level, and you'll find yourself seeing the thoughts come by where you know you couldn't have possibly have thought that. And not just words, the type of imagery that can pop up whenever you have one seed word (like red dress), and you find yourself and your tulpa going through mental slides of moments based from that word.

Just keep at it. :)

So, it's okay for me to do this? I'm just scared that it's halting his developement in general.

Tulpa: Kellen

Form: 16 year old Male-human

Working on: Vocality

Yeah, it's okay for you to do this, because you have a better grip on imagining where you want to be and how you want your tulpa to develop his own sense of self. People will have varied views on how far we should go with wondering if it's parroting or not, but generally, because you can become more focused on your thoughts, you have the advantage with allowing your tulpa to deviate from your thoughts, since after all, they are part of our unconscious.

Which is why the implications of the tulpa having their own sense of self could actually be a way of us demonstrating how we want them to progress in development. This is why you might find people saying that if you feel that it was him, assume it was him, and that if you thought it was your own thoughts, try to redirect that thinking into the first presumption with it being your tulpa's thoughts.

If it gets to the point where you find yourself going through cognitive processing wondering whether it's your own thoughts or your tulpa, it's most likely your tulpa and not you. Because we say things naturally to others other than our tulpa using little to no cognitive processing, but with tulpa, we feel the need for uniqueness, distinction, independence. What we need to know is that our thoughts and theirs may seem similar initially, but it's just a catalyst for them to build upon their own system of being vocal in their own voice.

And trust me, you're considerate of your tulpa and how he'll develop his own independent thinking. I found that people who were afraid of their tulpa not having progress find their tulpa telling them that they felt bad because they couldn't reach out to them more to say, "Thank you." That they couldn't tell their host (initially before being more vocal) that what they were doing was perfectly fine, and that they were happy that the host was being thoughtful of just trying to make their tulpa unique and their true selves.

Don't be afraid, just keep doing what you're doing, and keep making implications of those moments that come by quick being your tulpa, because it'll help give you a conditioned response to see their voice being distinct from yours.

I personally feel at some point we all do voxxing (the forcing version of training (or slightly parroting) a vocal tulpa), and it's a matter of us knowing they'll make their thoughts and voice more clear with practice.